Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Thankx Thankx:  0
Recommend Recommend:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

NEED ALL MODS INPUT PLEASE - eBooks Section

Guys,

I am very concerned about the level of advertising that the WWI website is getting and the level of attention that the eBooks Thread is getting.

As you know I was military and worked for government agencies in the past and I know how they act.

As we are hosting / holding copies of literally thousands (to possibly millions of $ worth on the server) this is a big worry to me and with the intention to start a signals paid program and possibly other projects that are legitimate then this eBooks section could cost MJ and the site reputation dearly

Think about this for one second.....

If the website is done for copyright theft on a massive scale it will be shut down and seized, the admin (MJ) will be cited to repay costs / fees associated with theft.

All of MJs computer stuff and wherever he his living will be turned upside down for more evidence.

It will not stop with MJ either.....

All mods here will be interogated into this issue and if they have aided and abetted (ie uploaded / shared information) then they too may be prosecuted under the fullest extent of the law

Our houses / homes will be investigated and contents removed etc etc etc..

As a friend I am only warning you of this but It is highly likely with all the copyrights so far that they will have been alerted - the only sure fire way to be safe is hold them off the server meaning that you either have to place them all into VIP (hidden) or we have to go down the route of doing links to uploading sites like the rest of them do.

My recomendation would to be link to uploading sites like many forums and move all current ebooks section to the vip section.....we then make another eBooks thread

....But this could be a nightmare because people will ask where have the ebooks gone?

To this point we must state that under copyright law we have had to remove them from the standard forum.

However.....If anyone in the VIP section spills the beans of where the ebooks are then this will open a new can of worms on us so I am torn between moving them and totally deleting them from the server.....

This is something that I would not wish to happen but to preserve the integrity of WWI and to make sure we are completely safe from harm this may have to be done....

Guys ...I need your thoughts on this subject as soon as possible....take a few days to ponder what I have said and what the next course of action should be...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Thank you very much for the information you give and that is 100% true .

I think first good thing we can fast move them to vip then we can in time upload them to upload site , and i think it is good to make the attachment small size so member will be forced to use upload site and we also from now on we use upload site
    We meed to act fast regarding that since we dont know when they may attack us .

Thank you again my dear to but us in the corect way .

I start take action : We stop Section E Trading Book For maintenance , it will be back soon .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You have to remember MJ

If someone wants to get a deeper look into what the server holds they will stop at nothing and expense of thousands of dollars to recoup millions in compensation.......

The only way is to delete them from the server because anybody can pay $100 and join VIP or even contact the ISP and hosting administrator

I do not wish this because of all the hard work put in....but it will be safer for all of us

yes my dear thank you a lot to point us to that , i just hide them from all member now antill vip , so what we need to do now is to re upload them one by one to some upload site , we as mode must to pickup some hosting site and work for that .

is that okay like this ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by worldwide-invest View Post
    yes my dear thank you a lot to point us to that , i just hide them from all member now antill vip , so what we need to do now is to re upload them one by one to some upload site , we as mode must to pickup some hosting site and work for that .

is that okay like this ?

It is not that simple or as easy for me to re-upload them all to a third party site.

1. I simply do not have the time to do this
    2. It will take absolutely forever to re-up them and then the links will be deleted due to inactivity or after set number of days.

Also to start again from scratch will be very time consuming....so ultimately to cons outweigh the pros on this one.

If members helped from scratch that would ease the pain but it will never be as good as having them on the server....but this is where we have the catch 22 position....

It all depends on whether you think the server will or will not be compromised to keep them available in VIP?

...But if it was me as the admin...I would delete them all and start from scratch with external links...

Just my thoughts MJ........what do others think on this subject???

okay i will handle that work , i will move every attachment to external site , just like all ather in time when some one ask we need to re upload them and of courses member will help .

wish me luck and again thank you a lot to keep us save

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If the server is located in the USA, then I can understand your concern. Hopefully the server is NOT located in USA, or? The safest place here in Europe is here in Switzerland, Sweden and in Holland due to the legislation.

Also, I think that free download to e-books and other copyrighted files should not be visible for all members. It should at least require VIP-status to access all such material.

For sharing copyrighted material on file sharing sites, it's important that the actual file does not reveal the name of the content. Because this is how most copyrighted material are searched and found.

yes we need to mirror the file with number name to the thread , our server is in UK .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    MJ...

Can I ask why members can still post in the ebooks threads and some members cannot even see it?

&

I thought this was unavailable to all members at the moment whilst you sort out the transfer of server files?

User Tag List