Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Thankx Thankx:  0
Recommend Recommend:  0
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Attention all moderators Please Read September Project Changes For Forum

WWI, is in the planning stages of changing its current format and we are in hopes of creating a new concept and foot print in the market of Trading Forums go. Below you will find a Google doc of 4 projects that we would like to discuss with the moderators or input and assistance on. This unlike some other forums is not going to be a one sided venture, where other forums have been developed and sold and the programmers and moderators were used and never compensated for their time and efforts.

Please look at the link, this was created in google docs. I have created a google doc drive for WWI. We will be able to comment and share input and also be able to update project time and progress spreadsheets.

I have created a skype group called WWI-Moderators please either request contact acceptance or provide me your skype name here and I will add you.

So here is the link that I was speaking of

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hopefully, in the next 12 to 18 months, we will have a top rated Trading Forum.

Thank you Peachy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by peachy View Post
    WWI, is in the planning stages of changing its current format and we are in hopes of creating a new concept and foot print in the market of Trading Forums go. Below you will find a Google doc of 4 projects that we would like to discuss with the moderators or input and assistance on. This unlike some other forums is not going to be a one sided venture, where other forums have been developed and sold and the programmers and moderators were used and never compensated for their time and efforts.

Please look at the link, this was created in google docs. I have created a google doc drive for WWI. We will be able to comment and share input and also be able to update project time and progress spreadsheets.
    I have created a skype group called WWI-Moderators please either request contact acceptance or provide me your skype name here and I will add you.

So here is the link that I was speaking of

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Hopefully, in the next 12 to 18 months, we will have a top rated Trading Forum.

Thank you Peachy

Thanks for the initiative!

Re. the projects:

1) A market place for programmers and system developers.

I'm not sure if this is necessary, since vendors (individuals as well as companies) are able to advertise with banners and in the commercial forum section.
    If the objective is to let members to be able to market their products, they have the same opportunity.
    So I'm somewhat hesitant to this idea, although I'm not against it.

2) Create a Signal Forum.

With the new MT4, subscribing to signals is much easier than before, and anyone can also send signals to other MT4 and MT5 users. So I'm not sure how WWI should be able to compete with this, and who the signal providers among the members will be.

2a) General section for Introductions.

Yes, such a section in the forum can and should be created. I don't think we need to create a project for it though. Just create it.

2b) VIP section for more indepth signals.

The VIP-section as it is now is a PAID section, which only benefits MJ. Interesting threads are constantly moved from the open forum sections to the VIP-section, where they become "dead", since most members no longer can read and participate. My standpoint is also that I will NO LONGER contribute to the VIP-section as long as it's a paid section.

My suggestion for a VIP-section is that it's FREE, but only open for Mods and invited members, members who will get access must have been contributing to the forum for some time (some months) and with a minimum number of posts. And it should ONLY be members who have proven to have the intellectual capacity and/or skill and/or knowledge enough to be able to contribute. In this section we should also gather LINKS to educational material, EA's. indicators and tools for trading to be shared, including copyright protected material.

2c) Complete forum for seminars registration.

I'm not sure if I understand what that should be.

3) Incorporate the above "projects" with other suggestion.

I don't see it as "projects", but more like suggestions for changes and improvements,

4) Reconfigure the current look of the forum.

I agree on that. There's lots of things that can be changed and improved to make WWI more attractive.

For Skype communications, my Skype id = capellafx.
    For development of EA's, "educating" of existing EA's including removal of restrictions, adding features,
    decompilation, or teaching of trading or EA programming, contact me via PM.
    Note: I no longer offer this service for free, but accept payment via PayPal or Skrill. Serious request only.
    Looking for an easy business opportunity with Gold? Check out:
    capellafx.emgoldex.com and then get back to me!

Here are my feedbacks:

1: yes to market place for programmers and system developers but should be unique to this forum and they should give significant discounts to users of this forum in comparison to the their retail price.

2: yes to signal forum but the provider must be verified, experienced with proven results and charge nominal fee for members of this forum.

A: yes to general section added.
    B: no to VIP section for in depth signals
    C: yes to seminar registration.

3: yes to this idea but there should be either a donation based member area ( not VIP) so only serious members who are willing to donate to forum get accessed or contribute by providing a reliable free system (EA, Indicator, etc) to other members who have donated to forum.

4: yes and highly recommended to this idea, forum should also remove ads from posts to look more professional although the income will be lower but forum will look more professional.

My Skype is: falconwestfx

Thank you!

I think we need to address the issue of exactly who will be responsible for handling all this extra workload? More mods will be required, not to mention more involvement by current admin/mods, who have already donated so much time already.

Skype = stovedude2

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Good Morning. Several days ago, I posted in this section requesting that all Moderators please review their current interest and time available to volunteer for assignments in and about the Forum. Yes, at this time it is that, a voluntary position. Those who have been working for the advancement of the forum, I would like to say thank you for the countless hours that I am sure that you have spent in and around the forum. But, just as life progress's so must the forum. I have been tagged by WWI to create and implement a plan to develop the forum to the next level. In order to do that, I must have a accurate account of people that have time and willingness to work towards new goals. It is not an attempt to put unwanted demands on anybody. However, sometimes change is a result of unwarranted desires and needs. We must be able to provide a unified team and willingness to work toward new goals. If all your goals have been met, then perhaps your attention is warranted elsewhere and time is something you can not provide any longer, that is fully understood. And as I said, your past contributions is warranted and will be duly noted.

However, I will ask again, if you no longer have a desire or presently do not have the time to contribute as a moderator please advise me by in the next 5 days. If, I have not been notified by then I will take the silence as a voluntary answer and will remove the burden from you. You will still be honored as a contributor and should the time arise that you would like to participate, Your offer will be given priority to the current needs of the forum at that time. We do not want anybody to feel that this forum is a burden to anyone. It is desire to create a trading place that will offer many new sources and opportunities to traders all over the world. If you feel that we are asking something of you and you will be burdened, that is not the point, I have a list of people now that has shown a desire and willingness to work and assist the forum in the work load. But given the respect of your past contributions, It was my desire, to seek your input and your visions. But if that seemed to be a task that you are not willing to participate in, I fully understand. I am merely trying to create a forum environment where it is of value and enjoyment to the regular member, the visiting guest, but to the ones that are the backbone of the mechanical day to day operations.

I will go as far as saying that on Friday, Capella, MJ and Myself had a conversation that lasted well over 2 hours over a period of about 4 hour stretch. I can firmly say that everybody was allowed to speak frankly, everybody gave their full opinion, and there was points that was discussed that in the beginning not all parties agreed on. But, when the three of us finished, I can tell you that all three of us was 90 percent in the same mind set of things that need to be accomplished. All parties would have to agree that their opinion and views were heard and fully discussed and the out come was what can we do to fix it, not , I do not care what you say it is going to be this way. Capella had some ideas and concerns, just as I did and even MJ contributed. So, I was pretty happy with the outcome.

I can say that some modules have already been ordered for upgrades, several are being implemented over the weekend and a couple more will be available by the first of the week. I am wanting some input about color design and outlay of the forum. I have right now about 30 ideas that have been suggested and have some potential. There is going to be some restructuring of the forum and how moderators contribute so as to now burden everybody, but if some would take on certain responsibility's then others could assist in many ways. I am going to temporarily assign only 2 super moderators, which means they are the only one's that can ban a member. Now this is temporary and it is to allow us to create a unified set of rules for banning and how post should be moderated. Until I hear from everybody, I would like to know what part you enjoy about being a moderator and what you are either not sure about or if you still want to participate at all. We want everybody to enjoy participating. Currently, I see that Capella and Myself are two current active Super Mod's in the daily operation, Falconwest, DrTrader, Trader T has been 3 that I see active over the past 30 days. So out of 17 current Moderators, 1/3 of the group has participated at least once or twice every week, I have seen little or no action from the rest. I was notified that Joy 22 has currently made the decision that time and interest is not presently available and has requested Regular member status. We should all send Joy22 a pm thanking them for the contribution of time and effort for assisting us and look forward the day they make be able to once again participate in some role with the form. With that said, I will be setting all SuperMod's down to the level of forum mod's effective immediately. I will be reviewing inputs and suggestions from the current moderators and trying to establish some specific rules and guidelines on thread moderating and how we should handle any and all banning.

To close, I would like to say thank you for the support and efforts of the ones that have assisted me and the forum over the past 90 days and hopefully, I can gain the respect of the ones that chose to remain and work with us to create a modern forum and trading educational source for traders all over the word.

Peachy
    Editor and Chief

Quote Originally Posted by peachy View Post
    Good Morning. Several days ago, I posted in this section requesting that all Moderators please review their current interest and time available to volunteer for assignments in and about the Forum. Yes, at this time it is that, a voluntary position. Those who have been working for the advancement of the forum, I would like to say thank you for the countless hours that I am sure that you have spent in and around the forum. But, just as life progress's so must the forum. I have been tagged by WWI to create and implement a plan to develop the forum to the next level. In order to do that, I must have a accurate account of people that have time and willingness to work towards new goals. It is not an attempt to put unwanted demands on anybody. However, sometimes change is a result of unwarranted desires and needs. We must be able to provide a unified team and willingness to work toward new goals. If all your goals have been met, then perhaps your attention is warranted elsewhere and time is something you can not provide any longer, that is fully understood. And as I said, your past contributions is warranted and will be duly noted.

However, I will ask again, if you no longer have a desire or presently do not have the time to contribute as a moderator please advise me by in the next 5 days. If, I have not been notified by then I will take the silence as a voluntary answer and will remove the burden from you. You will still be honored as a contributor and should the time arise that you would like to participate, Your offer will be given priority to the current needs of the forum at that time. We do not want anybody to feel that this forum is a burden to anyone. It is desire to create a trading place that will offer many new sources and opportunities to traders all over the world. If you feel that we are asking something of you and you will be burdened, that is not the point, I have a list of people now that has shown a desire and willingness to work and assist the forum in the work load. But given the respect of your past contributions, It was my desire, to seek your input and your visions. But if that seemed to be a task that you are not willing to participate in, I fully understand. I am merely trying to create a forum environment where it is of value and enjoyment to the regular member, the visiting guest, but to the ones that are the backbone of the mechanical day to day operations.

I will go as far as saying that on Friday, Capella, MJ and Myself had a conversation that lasted well over 2 hours over a period of about 4 hour stretch. I can firmly say that everybody was allowed to speak frankly, everybody gave their full opinion, and there was points that was discussed that in the beginning not all parties agreed on. But, when the three of us finished, I can tell you that all three of us was 90 percent in the same mind set of things that need to be accomplished. All parties would have to agree that their opinion and views were heard and fully discussed and the out come was what can we do to fix it, not , I do not care what you say it is going to be this way. Capella had some ideas and concerns, just as I did and even MJ contributed. So, I was pretty happy with the outcome.

I can say that some modules have already been ordered for upgrades, several are being implemented over the weekend and a couple more will be available by the first of the week. I am wanting some input about color design and outlay of the forum. I have right now about 30 ideas that have been suggested and have some potential. There is going to be some restructuring of the forum and how moderators contribute so as to now burden everybody, but if some would take on certain responsibility's then others could assist in many ways. I am going to temporarily assign only 2 super moderators, which means they are the only one's that can ban a member. Now this is temporary and it is to allow us to create a unified set of rules for banning and how post should be moderated. Until I hear from everybody, I would like to know what part you enjoy about being a moderator and what you are either not sure about or if you still want to participate at all. We want everybody to enjoy participating. Currently, I see that Capella and Myself are two current active Super Mod's in the daily operation, Falconwest, DrTrader, Trader T has been 3 that I see active over the past 30 days. So out of 17 current Moderators, 1/3 of the group has participated at least once or twice every week, I have seen little or no action from the rest. I was notified that Joy 22 has currently made the decision that time and interest is not presently available and has requested Regular member status. We should all send Joy22 a pm thanking them for the contribution of time and effort for assisting us and look forward the day they make be able to once again participate in some role with the form. With that said, I will be setting all SuperMod's down to the level of forum mod's effective immediately. I will be reviewing inputs and suggestions from the current moderators and trying to establish some specific rules and guidelines on thread moderating and how we should handle any and all banning.

To close, I would like to say thank you for the support and efforts of the ones that have assisted me and the forum over the past 90 days and hopefully, I can gain the respect of the ones that chose to remain and work with us to create a modern forum and trading educational source for traders all over the word.

Peachy
    Editor and Chief
    Thanks buddy for detail post. You can count on me to do whatever requires to make this forum the best on world. I can scan all threads and control users on daily basis and manage the integrity of threads by actively enforcing the rules. I can also contribute to trading activities by reviewing systems submitted by users or vendors during trading days and also provide trading signals based on my own trading plan.

Cheers,

Falconwest

User Tag List