Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Thankx Thankx:  0
Recommend Recommend:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    I'm smoker from 30 years and it's not that easy to give it up

It's all in our minds, friends. The way I see it, quitting smoking is very simple. Simply don't smoke. And please don't do it for God, family, friends, pets or anybody at all. Do it for yourself. You have to make the decision. I quit smoking in the year 2000, and have abstained since. Take the challenge on a day to day basis. Unlike a drinking problem, smoking is harder to quit, since the withdrawal pangs show after about 10 to 15 days and you should feel better after a month or so.

Okay, 80 percent of the people reach this stage but then they meet some old friend/get together party and "simply share a drag for old times sake" and all that previous effort goes in vain. Let every one around you smoke but take courage in the fact that you are stronger and won't succumb to that urge to take that single drag.

But you need to be honest with yourself. Otherwise it will never work. I mean, you must have a sincere desire within yourself, to quit. That's it.

A quote by Aristotle - the great philosopher. (not me!!)

-I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies; for the hardest victory is over self.

It s hard to quit somoking

Again, let's read the forum rules and refrain from making frivolous postings. Use the thanks button if you want to thank someone new guy.

I think all these methods work not only for smoking case. They helped me to train my strength of will in general, I became more proactive person and it effected my trading results. I became more patient in stressful situations, which now helps me to control emotions and not to loos all the money at once but close the deals at the right moment.

To quit Smoking is possible only then, when people truly will start to appreciate own life and this will happen only when ill-health will be felt, and people will be should make the choice either live out the fullest life without Smoking, or continue Smoking and die in the near future.

I smoke 2 packs a day, hard to stop..

but, something weird, I can not smoking while my daughter is in the car and I am not smoking outside my working room.

I was reading Allan Carr's book while I was quitting time ago. It was really helpful. But I have to admit that besides the book I had a really strong feeling that have to do it, so in my opinion that was a priority than a book. And another thought that I just couldn’t escape whale all this process and the thing was I am constantly killing my health and myself and I pay for that! That was a explosion for me I couldn' stand

It's just mind over matter. Though I don't smoke so I'll never really know.

It really depends solely on the strength of will, I succeeded to quit after 5 years.

User Tag List