Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gann the Start

Gann the Start

Hey i am new to w d gann and much interested in understating can you guys please point me from where i shall start and which book shall i pick first to start my learning process.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by usmanp View Post
    Hey i am new to w d gann and much interested in understating can you guys please point me from where i shall start and which book shall i pick first to start my learning process.

Regards
    Best place to start would be with Gann's books. Read through them and then see what others have to say.
    Always Wanting to Learn More!

Quote Originally Posted by HWSteele View Post
    Best place to start would be with Gann's books. Read through them and then see what others have to say.
    well thanks for recommending can you please list me few books from which i shall start off.

The site below has information for those who wish to start understanding Gann's techniques. Not complicated. But a start, though.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Is this techniques are working today also. Now a days exchange are filled with modern system. Does it has any impact

True Gann will work as long as you wake up in the morning and be greeted by sun rays

Thanks Luigi
    I could understood very few portion from net , whether it follow planetary cycles, or human behavior, or any wave nature?. Kindly put little more light.

Yes getting started can be a bit overwhelming.There is no clear cut way to take.Most people jump in and read his courses and after a while see that they need other knowledge then what he gave us directly to use it.Thats when they turn towards astro,esoterism and other funky stuff.If you want to get a simple introduction,read Hima Reddy The Methodology of Gann.And only start if you are willing to spend lot of time reading if you are rather a spoon-fed-learner Gann wont make you happy.

I read some docs about square of nine, try to understand that table and do some math, comp programming, then I realized there are lot of things needed to understand. There are some things here and there available in net, but I am not able to follow any sequence in materials step by step. Learning curve in this case is very steep, I have to read lot to get , Thanks for your support sir.

regard
    Kumares

Quote Originally Posted by luigi View Post
    Yes getting started can be a bit overwhelming.There is no clear cut way to take.Most people jump in and read his courses and after a while see that they need other knowledge then what he gave us directly to use it.Thats when they turn towards astro,esoterism and other funky stuff.If you want to get a simple introduction,read Hima Reddy The Methodology of Gann.And only start if you are willing to spend lot of time reading if you are rather a spoon-fed-learner Gann wont make you happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumares View Post
    I read some docs about square of nine, try to understand that table and do some math, comp programming, then I realized there are lot of things needed to understand. There are some things here and there available in net, but I am not able to follow any sequence in materials step by step. Learning curve in this case is very steep, I have to read lot to get , Thanks for your support sir.

regard
    Kumares
    To add to what the learned Luigi posted I will add my bit and a half.
    Take it for what its worth...

If you want to learn about Gann and his methods you will need to spend time studying.
    The process should be something along the line of:
    Read Gann book.
    Understand part of book but not the whole thing.
    Do other research to try and understand the part you couldn't.
    Not get very far.
    Read next Gann book.
    Understand part of book but not the whole thing.
    Do other research to try and understand the part you couldn't.
    Not get very far.

This keeps up for some time.

At some point during this process you will have an epiphany.

If at this point you re-read the first Gann book you will have a new understanding of what you thought you understood the first time.
    When this happens you will start understanding the part of the book you could not before.
    After this you start re-reading all of his books.
    This time around you will learn more

The interesting thing is that what you are learning this time around is different that you thought it would be.
    When you start out studying Gann's books what you think you are going to learn is most likely NOT what you will end up learning.

As time goes on, as long as you continue to study you will continue to have epiphanies.

After some time your perspective on life its self will change.
    That's right your beliefs will alter ever so slightly. ( or in a major way for some)
    Not until this last part happens will you really start to understand the Gann method of trading.

Things that, right now, seem to have no part in trading will become of interest to you.
    If you keep going trading become a side note in a much more interesting study about life its self.
    It really does get that deep if you keep going, and not until it gets that deep are you going to start to understand Gann.
    Please note that I am not putting Gann on a pedestal, but I am putting wisdom up there.
    It was the amount of wisdom that Gann had that enabled him to trade the way he did.
    Remember that he studied for YEARS before he became the trader of legend.

So my advice it to please read ONLY his (Gann's) books first and do not read what others have to say about it until later.
    Maybe never is better.
    Always Wanting to Learn More!

User Tag List