- Constant Range Candles and Charts are also referred to as Range Bars (RB) and Range Bar Charts.
- Constant Range Candles / Bars all have the same pip range value from high to low.
- Standard Candles / Bars all have different pip range values from high to low.
- The indicator computes the pip range of the 8th historical candle / bar from the current candle / bar.
- As each new candle / bar is formed the 8th historical candle becomes the next candle to the right.
- Because all range candles / bars have the same pip range value each successive 8th candle produces the same fixed range output.
- If the indicator is used with standard candles / bars the range output will not be fixed but will differ with each new candle / bar.
Constant Range (CR): CR 50
LCrudeAug12: 79.58 High - 79.08 Low (a random candle data chosen for illustration)