Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Thankx Thankx:  0
Recommend Recommend:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kashif View Post
    Thanks for the reply and for the link. That thread has way too many posts. Can you please explain your method on how to use that indicator please?
    Thanks.
    Kashif

I am not a forex expert, and I am only using this method for the past two months without a single loosing trade. For Short trade, basically I open my 1 hour chart look for a candle close below the SMA 5, check TDI Green below TDI Red. I then check the 4 Hour chart make check the same condition as the 1 Hour chart, but the candle doesn't have to close yet, if it shows a down trend it is enough, and I then take the trade. Do the opposite for Long trade. You have a good chance if the 1 hour candle also closes below the swing low or above the swing high. If during this time the previous candle of the 4 HOUR chart closes below or above the swing point, it is a very solid chance.

My take profit is 20 pips, my stop loss is none, but if I see the 4 Hour Candle closes above the 5 SMA I close my Sell trade, or if the 4 Hour Candle closes below 5 SMA I close my long trade, this loss will be more than 20 pips, but so far I have been lucky.

I trade mostly from London session to NY session to about 1 PM, but sometimes I do trading if I see a lot of activity 1 or 2 hours before London open. Once I get 20 pips I am done for the day. I am usually done even before NY session open, or sometimes 1 or 2 hours at the start of NY session I am done.

I can't reply to your messages because I have less than 5 posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dina777 View Post
    Kashif

I am not a forex expert, and I am only using this method for the past two months without a single loosing trade. For Short trade, basically I open my 1 hour chart look for a candle close below the SMA 5, check TDI Green below TDI Red. I then check the 4 Hour chart make check the same condition as the 1 Hour chart, but the candle doesn't have to close yet, if it shows a down trend it is enough, and I then take the trade. Do the opposite for Long trade. You have a good chance if the 1 hour candle also closes below the swing low or above the swing high. If during this time the previous candle of the 4 HOUR chart closes below or above the swing point, it is a very solid chance.

My take profit is 20 pips, my stop loss is none, but if I see the 4 Hour Candle closes above the 5 SMA I close my Sell trade, or if the 4 Hour Candle closes below 5 SMA I close my long trade, this loss will be more than 20 pips, but so far I have been lucky.

I trade mostly from London session to NY session to about 1 PM, but sometimes I do trading if I see a lot of activity 1 or 2 hours before London open. Once I get 20 pips I am done for the day. I am usually done even before NY session open, or sometimes 1 or 2 hours at the start of NY session I am done.

I can't reply to your messages because I have less than 5 posts
    Thanks a million bro for the continuous help. I did check the post 156 and downloaded the files. There are 5 files which are as follows:

#1 best 5 ma tdi (2).tpl
    ex4 Synergy_APB.ex4
    ex4 TDI Red Green.ex4
    mq4 Stochastic_Color_v1.02classicC.mq4
    ex4 Stochastic_Color_v1.02classicC.ex4

Now I dont know where to copy all these files. Should I copy all files in Templates folders or in Indicators folder or do I have to copy some in Indicator folder and some in Template folder? Sorry for being stupid but I really dont know where should I place these files.

Thanks a lot for explaining to me how it works. By the way when you say "look for a candle close below the SMA 5" What do you mean by "Close"? Bro I have a request that can you please put some screencaps of when requirements of short and long trades conditions are met? I know I am asking too many things but please I am very thankful for your support and help. Please try to put the screens. I am in no hurry. Just do whenever you have time.

Thanks.

Thanks a million bro for the continuous help. I did check the post 156 and downloaded the files. There are 5 files which are as follows:

#1 best 5 ma tdi (2).tpl
    ex4 Synergy_APB.ex4
    ex4 TDI Red Green.ex4
    mq4 Stochastic_Color_v1.02classicC.mq4
    ex4 Stochastic_Color_v1.02classicC.ex4

Now I dont know where to copy all these files. Should I copy all files in Templates folders or in Indicators folder or do I have to copy some in Indicator folder and some in Template folder? Sorry for being stupid but I really dont know where should I place these files.

Thanks a lot for explaining to me how it works. By the way when you say "look for a candle close below the SMA 5" What do you mean by "Close"? Bro I have a request that can you please put some screencaps of when requirements of short and long trades conditions are met? I know I am asking too many things but please I am very thankful for your support and help. Please try to put the screens. I am in no hurry. Just do whenever you have time.

Thanks.

Copy everything in the indicators folder, except for the #1 best 5 ma tdi (2).tpl, which goes to the Template files.

What I mean by candle close is you wait until the 1 hour candle finished the cycle. For example in the 1 Hour time frame you open your computer at 4:30 PM, that means you are watching the current candle that starts at 4PM and the candle will finish at 5 PM. At 5 PM this candle is formed and finish, and a new candle starts again from 5PM to 6PM. A candle closes at each hour. If it is a 4 hour chart, a candle closes every 4 hours. Please be careful, try playing with a demo first to get the feel of the market. As I said before I have only been using this method for two months.

Sometimes if I see 4 Hour chart is downtrend, but on the 1 hour chart is up, but still under the 5 SMA, I take a sell trade. If the 4 Hour chart is in uptrend, and I see the 1 hour candle is going down, but still above the 5 SMA, I do a Buy Trade.

I trade only on the Major pairs and Yen crosses. I try not to trade before the London market opens, because sometimes London market can reverse the trend. Try not to trade during the major news announcement, this the usual advice of many forex traders. I hide my TP and SL from the brokers. There is an EA that I posted somewhere in this forum to hide your TP and SL.

This screenshot shows a valid entry on the 1 Hour chart, but you need to check the 4 Hour chart before opening a trade to confirm the direction of the trend. Some of the entries indicated are before the London session.

Please be careful when you do a trade. Use 0.1 Lot for every $1000. If your account is $500, then use 0.05 Lot, $100 use 0.01 lot.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote Originally Posted by Dina777 View Post
    Copy everything in the indicators folder, except for the #1 best 5 ma tdi (2).tpl, which goes to the Template files.

What I mean by candle close is you wait until the 1 hour candle finished the cycle. For example in the 1 Hour time frame you open your computer at 4:30 PM, that means you are watching the current candle that starts at 4PM and the candle will finish at 5 PM. At 5 PM this candle is formed and finish, and a new candle starts again from 5PM to 6PM. A candle closes at each hour. If it is a 4 hour chart, a candle closes every 4 hours. Please be careful, try playing with a demo first to get the feel of the market. As I said before I have only been using this method for two months.

Sometimes if I see 4 Hour chart is downtrend, but on the 1 hour chart is up, but still under the 5 SMA, I take a sell trade. If the 4 Hour chart is in uptrend, and I see the 1 hour candle is going down, but still above the 5 SMA, I do a Buy Trade.

I trade only on the Major pairs and Yen crosses. I try not to trade before the London market opens, because sometimes London market can reverse the trend. Try not to trade during the major news announcement, this the usual advice of many forex traders. I hide my TP and SL from the brokers. There is an EA that I posted somewhere in this forum to hide your TP and SL.

This screenshot shows a valid entry on the 1 Hour chart, but you need to check the 4 Hour chart before opening a trade to confirm the direction of the trend. Some of the entries indicated are before the London session.

Please be careful when you do a trade. Use 0.1 Lot for every $1000. If your account is $500, then use 0.05 Lot, $100 use 0.01 lot.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thanks a zillion bro for the detailed reply. Ok so now I got it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

For Short Position:
    1) First in 1 hour chart Last candle should close below the yellow line and also the TDI Green line should be below the TDI Red line.
    2) Then I will check the 4 hour chart to see the same indicators but if the candle is still not closed but on a down trend then I can enter the short trade.

For Long Position:
    1) First in 1 hour chart Last candle should close above the yellow line and also the TDI Green line should be above the TDI Red line.
    2) Then I will check the 4 hour chart to see the same indicators but if the candle is still not closed above the yellow line but if its on a upward trend then I can enter the Long trade.

I want to ask another thing that basically we should give more importance to a 4 hour chart and if a candle is closed below the yellow line in 4 hour chart but is up on 1 hour chart even then we are going to enter in short right?

Also Please have a look at my chart and please let me know if I have added all the files correctly and the chart is looking fine? I dint add any indicator files manually. I just right clicked on the chart and then clicked templates and then select #1 best 5 ma tdi (2).tpl

Please Help A Newbie!

I am not having these tiny yellow arrows which are visible in your chart showing up or down trend. Did you add them manually? I mean from where I can add them like you did and also how you are having these support and resistance red lines? Please guide.

and last but not the least in your previous post you said that "You have a good chance if the 1 hour candle also closes below the swing low or above the swing high. If during this time the previous candle of the 4 HOUR chart closes below or above the swing point, it is a very solid chance."

I didnt get anything what you said. What do you mean by swing low or swing above? Please clarify.

Again bro too many questions and some are stupid but I am very new to forex and its been few days only. I am trying my best to learn it. I ll be using this strategy on demo account for say 2 months and then I ll move to live once its profitable and less risky. Are you using it on Live account or on Demo account?

Bro you are a light of hope for me as without you I would have never understood this strategy.
    Please reply.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Kashif,

by Dina777 guiding, let us practice together. I hope Dina777 could give comments and evaluation on my Open Position (OP) below. Thanks before....

Was closed 30 pips because there was 2nd red candles at TF M15, besides target 20 pips was reached. Next time I will use TP=20 and SL=17
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks a lot for the reply. So can you please recommend any providers which are good? I dont know how to search on that site for signal providers and one thing I dont get is that how my trading platform will automatically updated with open/modify/close etc? Do I need to install something? I mean their script etc? Can I use that on Demo account too?

Please Help,
    Thanks.
    As long as you are using a demo account you are not trading and cannot learn how to trade.

This site have a lot of free information, very helpfull. babypips.com

Quote Originally Posted by valiera View Post
    This site have a lot of free information, very helpfull. babypips.com
    How did your response contribute to this discussion?

Yes their are so many good trusted and reliable broker in forex market who guide you in right direction which help us to stay away from risk.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I agree and I disagree to saying that sim trading is worthless. Sim trading helps you test strats as well as gets you use to entering the market. Id say trade like you would like it was real. And on the other hand there is nothing like live trading. You might be able to do extreme well with sim but not be able to trade well while live trading

User Tag List