Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Upload and download problems & solutions

Dear members,

After a couple months with the WWi forum, I realise that it is common that members encounter problems in upload & (even more) in download. A lot of efforts have been spent by some knowledgeable members to explain it over and over again in individual threads, but lessons are not well shared. I think a separate thread is deserved, so that members can share their respective problem as well as solutions here in one place.

One thing I wanted to highlight, please keep the discussion on the topic, and DON'T post link to external forums, though a lot of this have been discussed by other forums as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A Few Helpful posts IMHO

All Posts - Rules apply to Member Downloads - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Post#30 - files no longer hosted in WWi server - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Post#17 - Tips on Torrent - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Post#24 - Tips on VPN - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Post#98 - Issues with compatibility with Mediafire - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Many Many Members & Seniors have posted few Gems here & there in various threads to help, educate & guide fellow members ... Thanks to each one of them.

[ TraderT - Request to Append & Include Your Post where you explained to Download from mirror upload - oops ! I just could not find that Post / Thread .... ]
    Wish You Green Trades !

Warm Regards !

Aenigma ..... :)

Thanks, aenigma, for all your efforts in compiling the posts in 1 place.

To be honest, I also cannot recall all that I have posted, and sometime I have hard time finding something useful that I read before. (Sign of old age), and a lot of time I access forum using mobile devices, so make it even harder to search posts. And I think we should make it easy for members to get self-educated to a level that we should not be worried about not knowing what to do when we need to upload and download. And that is the ideas behind my starting of this thread. I hope all members can spend quality time to engage in discussion in ideas presented in the books or courses, and improve our trading, rather than wasting time figuring out how to download, and lesser extent how to upload.

Also, even I think I can do a reasonably job in getting the stuff, but I am learning a trick or 2 from knowledgeable members every week, and I think we can learn much better and faster when all related info can be obtained in 1 place.

Why link become dead?

There are hosts of reasons, such as the uploader delete it, or the host delete it for violating their T & C.
    However, 1 most common reason is due to inactivity.

Most of these file sharing hosts will delete inactive files posted by free accounts 30 days after last download.

In case of mirror hosts such as mirroruploads, uploadmirror, mirrorcreator or alike, let me call them primary host. After an uploader upload a file, the primary host is supposedly upload files automatically to a number of hosts (secondary hosts), and check for deadlinks every now and then. To ensure there is always active links, unless it is deleted by the uploader, or for violation of T & C.

What I observed so far is, we don't know how frequent is this check, and we know some of these link gone dead after sometime. Even there are hosts promised that links will not gone dead, I still see dead link with them.

Anyone has better insight on this, please share!

Why google say Ooops!?

I realised some members have interesting habit of replacing some characters in the shared link, like put 0 to replace o, http become hxxp, etc.
    Attention to these details will get the link to work...

Why link only available to PREMIUM members?

Some hosts that the uploader use, like upstore.net, only let non-registered users download for the first 7 days after the upload, and beyond that, only registered or PREMIUM members can download. In this aspect, we the downloaders can't do anything, except if you want to sign up as the PREMIUM members for those hosts. So, uploaders please be considerate, and shy away from those hosts as far as possible.

This is to add to aenigma's list:
    How to combine multi part rar

Post [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] - How to combine multi-part rar into 1 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Related to this, there are a couple more points I wanted to add:

1. In cases where different parts of an multi part rar files were downloaded from different hosts, sometime there are space or special characters being added or deleted, and if error happen when combine to 1 file, you need to check (if the file size of individual parts are correct, & if they are of the same name (except part number), if not need to rename it, and should be ok.)

2. Sometime the file name & size look correct, but get error when combine. Personally I found winrar as more stable, it work in more cases than other similar programs like Izarc, 7-zip, etc for me. However, I also read some recommend to use 7-zip. I have recently 2 cases where Winrar say CRC errors, and some file broken/corrupted; 7zip gave same message, but gave me the file anyway. So, you might want to try the others compression softwares, in case it don't work with your favorite one.

3. If all don't work, try re-download, as certain time it is due to files get corrupted during download, and it happen once in a blue moon. If the files are too big to re-download it, then ask help in forum, to confirm if the files from the source are good. Ask nicely, and there are a lot of kind people willing to help.

The occurrence of multi part rar should be less and less, but due to the legacy left behind from those days when 6MB is max for individual files, one might still run into it occasionally.

Password protected, what to do
    Some uploaders would put password to the files they upload, and usually they give you the password where you get the links.

Some members grab links listed in few others forums (I included), and these forums put fixed password in almost all files that listed there. The password is the full web address of their site, and you can see it in the file name itself. I am forbid by forum rules to list them here, but i guess you cal get my hints?

In some cases, you can get hint of password by looking at the file name. But this is not fool proof. If you has some other experience or insight, please share with the community.

Actually, I just realised that bonnie1234 has an excellent thread on this topics as well

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

And some recent cases:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Helpful Post by Trader T

Post# 5 - VPN providers Guide - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Post#8 - Issues with certain sites in certain countries - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I Think, This site may Help - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Another site shared by Friend Trump ( Thank You! ) - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Post # 7 & # 9 Self Help & Awareness Tips : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Post # 15 : Keep it Simple & Click 'Thanks' Only : [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Helpful Post By silversailorduo

Post # 16: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Block Access Regulations Play around issues

Post # 29 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Wish You Green Trades !

Warm Regards !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Updating Announcement to Keep the Thread fresh

Use [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] --> when the Forum Owner instructs, it could be the only file share site that WWI will accept.

Announcement - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Wish You Green Trades !

Warm Regards !

User Tag List