728x90_Header

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

MyFxBook Final Forum Ruling

Okay. We have determined that a member may post a myfxbook.com link if it is to provide information about a specific indicator, system or ea. Provided that the name and ownership is valid. However, Any member requesting the share of this www.myfxbook.xxx and they merely have seen it on the myfxbook site. The post will be deleted no discussion. So, Sorry for the delay but we had to make a final decision and we needed to explore all avenues.
See more
See less

Demo Account vs. Real Account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo Account vs. Real Account

It’s a good idea to explain about why we must use demo account first before we opened real account. Yes, we must try to apply what we have learned in the theory but we use simulation which is made as similar as happened in real trading. We could use our strategy, psychology, and also our money management better if we trained in demo first although it didn't guarantee we won't suffer loss.

It gets you accustomed to the environment and the platform, how the prices change in real time. It educates you about Spread, Pip, Bid Price, Ask Price, Orders, Positions, Take Profit, Stop Loss, Slippage etc. And you can do some back testing, that when the market do this so then what happens and what time of the session. It is not necessary to do it for long time it's until when you get to know and understand everything. Everybody is different and the way they learn, some are fast learner and some are slow.

I think demo account is good to have as it helps a newbie to learn, practice and gain confidence with no real loss. so it is good to learn with no loss.
    www.zforex.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy12 View Post
      I think demo account is good to have as it helps a newbie to learn, practice and gain confidence with no real loss. so it is good to learn with no loss.
      It's pertinent to also learn all the functions of a brokers trading platform before trading live. One should be able to learn what each function operates and does so in a fast action on a demo account before trading live.

This belongs in the beginners section of the forum.

Comment

Difference is mindset. You cannot set your mind with real money if you practice on demo.

Comment

Demo account - not dealing with fear and greed. while Live account - dealing with fear and greed.

Comment

Real Account

I would strongly suggest everybody to trade on demo account first. If someone is not able to win consistently on demo, why would you think that it would go @ live?

Although opening a VERY small account at oanda, where you can trade units, can help concentrating better at your goals. (I learned with a small account back then...)

Comment

demo account no is real.... y no se actua igual que si fuera dinero real!...........

Comment

A newbie should always start with Demo accounts, start trading in Real account when you get the confidence that you have learned enough about the market...

Comment

Originally posted by fxapex View Post
                  A newbie should always start with Demo accounts, start trading in Real account when you get the confidence that you have learned enough about the market...
                  I do agree,a forex demo account can help you learn the aspects of forex trading and it also gives an opportunity to experienced traders to test their new strategies without risk to lose money.Demo and live account are practically the same except for emotions and psychological stress that you will experience when you trade live because of the presence or involvement of real money.

Comment

Originally posted by fxapex View Post
                    I agree especially for newbies its really advisable to open for a demo first to hone one skills and at the same time tried the trading platform of our brokers without any risk of our real money.Untill such time that you know you are already confident to do the actual trading.

Comment

The downside in trading a demo account is that you get used on getting high risk without considering money management.

Comment

Originally posted by mumuy View Post
                        The downside in trading a demo account is that you get used on getting high risk without considering money management.
                        Exactly, therefore it is said that take demo account as a real account and try to manage your money at lower risk and trade with profit.
                        www.zforex.co.uk

Comment

Don't demo trade with a $500.000.00 account, choose an amount you can afford to invest and treat it as seriouly as if it was yours also use the lowest leverage possible.
                          That will teach you good money management skills and will keep your greed in check.

Comment

I think that there is a tie between demo versus real account.

Comment

Originally posted by mumuy View Post
                              I think that there is a tie between demo versus real account.
                              What in the world do you mean....a tie? Have you ever traded the forex?

Comment

Working...
                              X