Banana Pips - Volatility scalper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Share) Banana Pips - Volatility scalper

I am sharing this EA, it is a mix of some strategies discovered here with my own strategy. I am giving back now what I have learned.

It trades the 1M chart on EURUSD, USDJPY and EURJPY but can be profitable on other pairs if the spread is good.

Attached backtests, I hope to hear some feedback and mostly looking for a suitable broker.

EURUSD
    EURUSD.jpg
    EURJPY 1M
    EURJPY.jpg
    USDJPY 1M
    USDJPY.jpg

There will be further development on this strategy and the mql4 will be made available soon.
    Attached Files

Thanks for sharing. Could you add trade with fixed lot-size? Otherwise I can't use it

Comment

Here you go, I will be doing some more dev on the strategy this week
      Attached Files

Comment

I am running it on demo here, lets see how it goes

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/fxcow/385830/1622890

Comment

Originally posted by trevone View Post
          I am running it on demo here, lets see how it goes

https://www.myfxbook.com/members/fxcow/385830/1622890
          All things are private....... it is a demo......... may we take a look to the statment?
          http://www.myfxbook.com/members/nazarius666

Comment

ye sorry, enabled it now

Comment

Hi, thanks for sharing. I'm trying to backtest with tick data and accurate variable spread - no results. Any ideas? My other EAs work OK so it's not my setup...

SORRY - FIXED NOW WAS DUE TO MAX SPREAD AM NOW TESTING...
              Last edited by leeb77; 09-05-2016, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Expectancy is very very low .... in Real account slippage will kill it.

Comment

Originally posted by gigabrainy View Post
                  Expectancy is very very low .... in Real account slippage will kill it.
                  although the EA shows promise for the past year with a tick backtest I agree somewhat with the comment below I think execution time or the slightest slippage could impact the EA greatly, I tested with real slippage and found EURUSD and USDJPY to be profitable but not EURJPY. Hope that helps, and thanks again for sharing.

Comment

Thanks for sharing looks good but no magic no How to trade on multiple pairs

Comment

Banana Pips v1.22 - Enabled settings

Hi guys, I agree with you that slippage is the issue here, I am constantly trying to get around it, please have a look at this version much more improved.

I am only trying to collaborate and get ideas from the community to make this strategy work for real.

I have enabled the magic numbers
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Trevone, that version seems to tick backtest with better results on the EURUSD, will carry on testing and observing for you...

Comment

Trevone - just to let you know I sent you a message,

Comment

hi trevone...is the max spread set 12 means 12 pips or 12 points?
                            PFD-Broker: ECN, 0.5 pips spread, zero commission, no minimum deposit and great reputation

Comment

Originally posted by ruparaw View Post
                              hi trevone...is the max spread set 12 means 12 pips or 12 points?
                              That means 12 points, all settings are in points

Comment

Excellent idea, pity is not working in live with these values(stop loss/take profit), try to modify the (r: r) and tells us something. Good job.

Comment

If you use a fixed spread of 20 points on EURUSD or use a 15 dollar commission charge on real spread, and apply a average slippage of 5 to 10 points, using Tick Data Suite, the tester still give you positive result, then in live trading, it may give you profit. Otherwise, don't wast time on testing using demo.

Comment

Hi trevone,
                                    thanks for sharing
                                    Question: Is OrderCommission() factored in during the profit calculation?
                                    If not, could you add that?
                                    Thanks

Comment

the only method of taking profit is using a trailing stop, i dont see how you can take commission into consideration, i have thought much about this and any insight would be helpful

Comment

mechanical trailing stop which requires a lot of modification of orders to close trade is not a good exit strategy. Delay of modification of orders by the broker server and/or slippage of executing stop orders will make the real trading result significantly different from tester. Try use indicator to point the exit.

Comment

Working...
                                        X