Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Thankx Thankx:  0
Recommend Recommend:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What do you dislike most about MT4?

MT4 is the most popular trading platform among retail traders and every forex broker offers it as demand is high. I think it is not a bad platform (depending on how you modified it), but there are things that should be improved, at least in my opinion.

One of my biggest problems is navigation between charts. I always have more than 20 charts open so I can analyze them and I really hate the horizontal scroll. I think they should think of something different. I also think a design change would not hurt at all.

What are your biggest issues with MT4?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The biggest issue with mt4 is not in the functionality.(actually mt4 has one of the best charts and functionality) The major issue is that mt4 "does not" have direct connectivity with the interbank. So, no matter how much a brokers tell you that the account is ECN, DMA or whatever, your order sits in the Broker server and/or Bridge to the interbank waiting to be hit. So, with so many mt4 brokers around the world, orders are not in the digital interbank FIFO system, therefore , usually the last one to be filled. I believe order of less then 25 000 unit are not accepted in the interbank, therefore, if your order is less then that, it is impossible
    that can go direct to the market unless compile with other orders from your Brokers.

J.

I think MT4 get disconnected very often. looking for something more reliable. any ideas?

The only good thing about metatrader, is you can program and use robots, for everything else, most platform makes it better.

Quote Originally Posted by johanforex View Post
    I think MT4 get disconnected very often. looking for something more reliable. any ideas?
    Disconnection issues are due to your forex broker and not the platform itself. You may want to look into that.

My MT4 issues are: When backtesting it takes so much time(it dont use all cores, neither the GPU like mt5 but mt5 has some issues too) and i cant refresh when i put a new EA for testing in(u have to close it and reopen to see the new EA).

That's a good point. What broker can you recommend?

I might not alone with this. So I share this with everyone. There is new feature for back testing that let you control the spread. It took me about a month to realize the number is for point, not pips. I put 2 in there and thought I can become millionaire in a month start from $100! What a dream!

slow and lagging signal is one of the thing I don't like...and funny thing is I don't like my trade being mess up...eg..in a few occasion when my trade is already in profit 60+pips, my account suddenly offline and show invalid account for few days...the moment online the trade is cancel...and another occasion, when my trade is in 20+ pips I set my stoploss to BE+1 (lock my profit)....lot size 0.02 and let it run. The next day I check, my trade was loss -$4. By right should have +$0.2. In my confusion I send an email to the support...no reply!!!!! I believe the broker is messing with my trade...is this possible???? only the broker know the answer...

MT4 is the only reason why I am back to windows, I could use Wine (or equiv) on Mac but it still runs like a windows app

User Tag List