Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Thankx Thankx:  0
Recommend Recommend:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Have you improved your trading psychology?

One of the biggest, if not the biggest obstacle, for new traders is psychology. It can make or break your trading and you can only work on improving it through trading, trading and trading in a real account. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should at least be given the same consideration and effort as you put into creating your trading strategy.

Keeping a journal may be a great tool for you in order to write down and monitor your progress. Those who ignore the hard work required into making improvements to their psychology are missing out on the biggest factor which will influence your trading results.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

This was well posted..Thanks!

I think keeping a journal is a great idea, however,I'm curious if the details of the structure of a journal discussed from those who actually journal might help turn the 'idea' into practice. If this reply generates agreement maybe a new thread for that very purpose [on the assumption that one has not already been created] is in order.

Yes, I think I have, as compared to my initial stage of trading my trading psychology improved lot.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Have a good trading psychology is a must for every traders. To control the greed,emotion and fear is the major key to all traders around the world to maintain a good capital in the account.

Can someone recommend a good site on psychololy from a person who is also a trader?

Trading psychology is constantly improving while you trade on live account. You learn how to control your emotions feeling yourself in different situation when price move against or toward you. Trade more and you will succeed in that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do not let your emotions rule. Always be objective with your decisions.A traders must always try to make his trading desicisions based on a sound logic rather than emotionally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rambo35 View Post
    One of the biggest, if not the biggest obstacle, for new traders is psychology. It can make or break your trading and you can only work on improving it through trading, trading and trading in a real account. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] should at least be given the same consideration and effort as you put into creating your trading strategy.

Keeping a journal may be a great tool for you in order to write down and monitor your progress. Those who ignore the hard work required into making improvements to their psychology are missing out on the biggest factor which will influence your trading results.
    BEFORE you trade, you go to learn all sorts of price action, chart patterns, money management strategies... etc etc. Yet when it comes to trading psychology, you don't learn, you just get a Journal and attempt to sort it out. I fail to see how "hardworking" that is.

Quote Originally Posted by piggeron View Post
    BEFORE you trade, you go to learn all sorts of price action, chart patterns, money management strategies... etc etc. Yet when it comes to trading psychology, you don't learn, you just get a Journal and attempt to sort it out. I fail to see how "hardworking" that is.
    The hard work is learning what works for you as opposed to trying to copy what works for somebody else. Very hard work indeed.

User Tag List