Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yo también busco mentor que me ayude a comprender mundo FOREX

Gracias

Saludos

Quote Originally Posted by Brumby View Post
    As you are new you need to understand where you are and where you need to go. Seeking mentorship can be frustrating because the real deal seldom teach and even if they do most of us probably can’t afford it.

Traders can broadly be grouped into 4 categories :
    i) The uninformed incompetent
    ii) The informed incompetent
    iii) The informed competent
    iv) The uninformed competent

The reason I use this illustration is not to belittle anyone but rather to outline a sense of what the developmental path of trader would likely involve and to provide a perspective of where each in his or her journey might sit within this spectrum. Everyone starts at (i). I have heard statistics say that the average lifespan of a forex account is 3 weeks before it is blown. Presumably a majority of group (i) contribute to this. Having realised that trading is not easy and that it requires knowledge and skills, they then start a journey as group (ii). Some will look for the “holy grail” and others the magical system that gives them the 80 – 90 % win rate and so the journey to become competent begins. Alex Nikritin in his book Naked Forex calls this the cycle of doom. Many will fail to find it and give up. It is full of frustration and dead end. Those who breaks through this group eventually realises it is not about a trading system; methodology or just knowledge but rather the path is to become a trader. A lot of wasted time will be expanded from getting to (iii) from (ii). Invariably it is a rite of passage because without the pain you will not be able to filter out the garbage. You will run into plenty of scammers and educators that are only interested in getting a piece of your money. They will scam and educate because generally it is much easier for them than trading. When you get to (iii) you will have some degree of success with your trading and would have developed an approach which is tailored to your own personality and need. One can get to (iii) after many years of perseverance and hard work. At (iii) you can talk the language of trading and know all the necessary components to it but trading results can still be inconsistent. There is still a divide because trading is still not formless and intuitive like breathing. This is where mentorship is the most effective in ironing out some quirks to get to elite performance so that at all times trading is in the “now”. Only those who are at that level can provide the appropriate guidance as you can’t take someone to a place where you have not gone before. Unfortunately those who are at this level don’t talk and rarely teach.

There are two paths you can take. If you have a solid degree say from an Ivy league type school you can try for a position in a prop firm who will train and show you the ropes. Alternatively, you can like the rest of us go through the grind and crap. Trading is a serious business and difficult to become successful. Don’t believe every hype that you hear especially on forums because only about 1 % are consistently profitable. The reasoning is very simple due to 2 basic market principles. The market is random and the market is generally efficient. In order to be consistently profitable, the trader must have an edge that can exploit opportunities when they become available. The edge is small as they are ephemeral and it boils down to exploitation, skills and execution while balancing risk reward.

This is my 14th year in this business. There were many winding roads; dead end and wasted time. If I can start all over again, I would concentrate only on a few things :
    (1) Learn price action. Spend thousands of hours reading 1 min bars in real time
    (2) Understand support and resistance – both static and dynamic
    (3) Trendlines and is not about drawing them all over the charts.
    Another meaningful post people really should know where to place their selves.

I think forex is very risky and about 95% trader loose their money because they do not have enough knowldge about Forex. So every trader if they want to be successful then they should learn basics of Forex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forex_21 View Post
    Hello ,

My name is Javier. I am a fairly new forex trader whom is seeking a mentor to guide me through my early stages of trading in the forex market.

I am seeking a savvy, successful trader whom has mastered a specific profitable strategy whom can show me what he has learned from his past experience on trading in the forex market. Their are a million strategies, indicators, and ways to go about this and it can be very OVERWHELMING to say the least!

I am a fast learner, respectable, witty, and have a passion to learning and mastering new things! If you have any words of wisdom you are willing to share with me please do not hesitate on reaching me through my posting or private via message.

I hope all is well!

Cheers!
    Something must have gone wrong. This post definitely does not belong to me. DB troubles?

Quote Originally Posted by Forex_21 View Post
    Something must have gone wrong. This post definitely does not belong to me. DB troubles?
    You mean some other person accessed your account..? Do contact the admin for the resolution as it is not a good sign i guess.

This forum has been good to me when I started trading since 2011. I want to thank y'all guys in here. Is all about sharing knowledge cus when the bankers come together and share their thought it stays right there in the bank. But we the retail guys the opposite.
    I've meet very generous mentors recommended by guys here. I will not mention names, but in a ''nut shell'' what I have found works 70% is CYCLES there are books on cycle but most do not give detailed explanation on how to determine the 20day cycle of market .

Unfortunately those who are at this level don’t talk and rarely teach.

I like that...very true....I don't talk much about trading as I am always busy making money and do not need to sell or teach anyone because there are millions lying around in forex...just need to collect bro!

There are many ways to learn about the Forex Trading, having a mentor is one of that. I think if you wanna become successful in Forex Trading, you need to learn it through the small investments in real account.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesticks View Post
    There are many ways to learn about the Forex Trading, having a mentor is one of that. I think if you wanna become successful in Forex Trading, you need to learn it through the small investments in real account.
    I think having a mentor is plus point for any learner in trading but the fact is that finding the right mentor in this field is difficult because we can not find a mentor who is really a trader or helper for us. So most of the people depend on their own self-learn using online tutorials.

Quote Originally Posted by Beloved View Post
    I think having a mentor is plus point for any learner in trading but the fact is that finding the right mentor in this field is difficult because we can not find a mentor who is really a trader or helper for us. So most of the people depend on their own self-learn using online tutorials.
    It is a plus point no doubt, but the same could become a minus point, if a trader gets into such a mentor, who is not having proper knowledge and there are many of such mentors, so beware.

User Tag List