Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads

Thankx Thankx:  0
Recommend Recommend:  0

Details on How to Thank a Post Correctly? Opened Here for discussion

I thought before I created the Sticky post for the threads. I would open this one up so that we as moderators could review and change any of the language so that there would be a unified attempt to educate our forum members

So, Here is what I was planning to do.

Create a Thread Header under all Sections. And mark it as a Sticky

The Header would read.

Attention. Proper Way to Thank Post or Thread Creator!

Effective Sept 1, 2014 WwI, has initiated a new evaluation of member(s) to qualify them for a possible promotion to the new FREE VIP Section that is currently being Created.

We have had problems with members not completely understanding the proper way to notify a post or thread creator in the correct manner. To properly notify and register a post you should click the Thank you for this Post.

The following things will be accomplished.
    1. Poster or Thread Creator will be notified of Post thus showing your support.

2. The poster will receive a evaluation in the forum for creating quality post.

3. The forum will be in a better position to view the members that are contributing quality materials, shares, and reviews within the forum.

All of this will start to create a environment which should lead to a better more indepth forum and discussions on subjects.

Again. The following post will start to be deleted from the forum. They are considered Nuisance Post.

Thank you
    Wow Great Share
    This is Interesting , I will try

Great

Wow

Thanks again,

Please help the forum by selecting the proper way to thank a member for any Thread or Post that you really appreciate.

Peachy Editor and Chief

Please review the first thread post for this one. I would love to hear your opinion. If we need to change any language or items. Leave a comment here. After a few days, I will check the responses and create the post and create the sticky. When, I have done that, I ask that you start moderating any and all post. Edit their thread. Tell them that we are now Moderating post to assure compliance with posting rules. The correct way is to click the smiley face Thank you for this post button at the bottom of the post. and Also Provide the link to the Sticky Post. and say thank you for helping us get the word out. But I will let everybody know, when I have the sticky note in place. Thanks everybody. great job and keep it up

Peachy
    Editor and Chief

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Agreeable to this sticky. However, I think a few members may have difficulty finding the "Thank for this post" smiley button based on words alone, and this minority is likely to become the majority who ultimately "spams" the thread with their stream of redundant thank-you posts. I assume that these users are unfamiliar with how a forum works, and hence have little experience with all the functions shown on a typical forum page.

I would suggest posting a few screencaptures with large arrows to show where the "Thank for this post" button lies, with a big green tick symbol to show "correct" behavior,
    and similar examples of "wow great share; thanks; wonderful", with a big red X symbol to show "wrong" behavior.

A picture tells a thousand words - show and tell.
    Instructions regarding 7z files: Use 7-zip utility to extract. Input the password (if any) when extracting.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Some image templates to consider. (suggestion only).

[1] Image with arrow:

[2] Image for in-line attachment into text post.

Example using the rules sticky:
    8. All junk post will be directly erased. (Use the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] button if you want to post thanks). And if we found that all of your posts were junks, we will warn you and directly erase all of your posts. We will also ban you if you still make junk posts continuously.
    Instructions regarding 7z files: Use 7-zip utility to extract. Input the password (if any) when extracting.

User Tag List