Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Linked In Watch us on YouTube Blogger
Your Banner Here
You cannot rate threads
0
 
Thankx Thankx:  0
Recommend Recommend:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Better/easier way to share ebooks/pdfs

    Friends and fellow students of the market,

    I see many of us uploading files to these file uploader sites where the downloads are slow, or you have to pay and potentially also install a virus ridden/annoying download software. First, do other people deal with this problem as well?

    There are many free file sharing sites like dropbox, box, google drive etc that allow free and anonymous file sharing.



    Going forward, can we make a rule to only post ebooks/pdfs to these free file sharing sites?

    many thanks,

    Kremod

  2. #2
    The problem with this is that many of our forum friends come from many different countries where these download services are not available to them. The second problem is if we do limit the choices of services, some of our great sharers may not want to change and end up cease sharing on this forum. As the longest trader on this forum, I got used to obtaining shares from very slow sources and it doesn't bother me since this is something that isn't within my control. Patience is a virtue my friend.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by freddieforex View Post
    The problem with this is that many of our forum friends come from many different countries where these download services are not available to them. The second problem is if we do limit the choices of services, some of our great sharers may not want to change and end up cease sharing on this forum. As the longest trader on this forum, I got used to obtaining shares from very slow sources and it doesn't bother me since this is something that isn't within my control. Patience is a virtue my friend.
    Hi Freddie, would you please clean your inbox or check your thread new hope EA. ?

    Hey there my friend. My inbox is clear now.

  4. #4
    You could always upload to the free torrent sites, like demonoid, it may have a better chance of staying alive that way, links seem to go dead fast with the other file sharing websites.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Wothor View Post
    You could always upload to the free torrent sites, like demonoid, it may have a better chance of staying alive that way, links seem to go dead fast with the other file sharing websites.
    We are shying away from torrent sites dues to their extreme lack of security and they are well known for viruses, trojans, worms, etc. sorry, must shoot down this idea.

  6. #6
    True you do have to be careful of spyware, however it's easy enough to look at the comments of the torrent, if it is bogus someone will be screaming that it is full of spyware.
    It's very rare that I use public torrent sites, there are plenty of private sites that have content that can be trusted because that user would be kicked off the site if they uploaded junk.

    Quote Originally Posted by freddieforex View Post
    We are shying away from torrent sites dues to their extreme lack of security and they are well known for viruses, trojans, worms, etc. sorry, must shoot down this idea.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by freddieforex View Post
    We are shying away from torrent sites dues to their extreme lack of security and they are well known for viruses, trojans, worms, etc. sorry, must shoot down this idea.
    As far as I know the torrents are not available in some countries because of the local legislation. In many countries there is fighting going with the free materials and the losses that large corporations have due to the fact that people are helping each other to distribute materials for free. In that case it seems more logical to share files with googledocs or dropbox. Anyway there is always a possibility to send it with help of facebook or other social network

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT +3. The time now is 01:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
DragonByte SEO, Advanced @User Tagging, Advanced Post Thanks / Like, Thread Ratings - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
All that information inside Forum does not necessarily reflect the opinion of the Forum Management, but expresses the opinion of the writer.
Advertising positioning by Digital Point