Aurix Exchange

30 Day Free Trail BreakOut EA Begins Aug. 1st

leerees

This EA / indicator does not work and asks for various DLL's that are not included. It will not download them even if you give it permission in MT4.

When you run the installer it installs something called kiestrayagent.exe

I would say that this is not an EA at all but a trojan.

Pipster

Awesome!

Awesome!

So far so good! :)

Ballentine's EA is performing very well. It's design is very well thought out and reflects the talent of the developer. I wll keep testing for the next 3 days before going LIVE. That will be the true test.

But for now....Pipster is very impressed!

You must be registered for see images

geges

Keep us posted

Keep us posted

Hello !

I had a difficult time getting anything from Ballentine.

But I was able to eventually get USD version loaded.

The Zip file I got had no presets in it so I can't optimize like your doing
(see the upper left corner fourth line your chart)...

I had one pending order on E$ canceled this morning.

That is all:confused:

Pipster

Hello !

I had a difficult time getting anything from Ballentine.

But I was able to eventually get USD version loaded.

The Zip file I got had no presets in it so I can't optimize like you're doing
(see the upper left corner fourth line your chart)...

I had one pending order on E$ canceled this morning.

That is all:confused:

LOL! Yes....reading or viewing instructions helps a little bit lol.....

Ok here's Pipster tweak for the day for Ranger A.I. Resurrection....

When you open your terminal..turn off the "Trade Live" button at the top of your platform BEFORE placing Break Out Ranger on the chart. Once you place the EA on the chart be sure to turn on Optimization plug-in at the bottom of the EA properties tab. Look at your "Market Watch" time and note in the very near future, like 5 minutes, what time you want optimization to begin. You will use this value in the .ini file.

NOTE: be sure your GMT time is the same both in the EA on the chart and the EA in strategy tester or the optimization will use default. The strategy tester is used to select what to optimize. Important turn off optimization plug-in at the bottom of the properties tab strategy tester EA. Remember with the EA that's attached to the chart this option but be set to true. So strategy tester option must be off and attached EA option must be true.

Now close the terminal. Now you can open and edit the (.ini) file which should be in your experts folder. (program files/metatraderbroker/experts folder/ini file right click select open or edit)

Edit this file according to below video instructions.

Now save & close. Now open your terminal, turn on the "Live" button at the top and you should see the EA communicating with the license server. Next you should see when Optimization will begin.

Open your computer window which shows your hard drives on your machine. You should see another drive appear approx. 30 seconds pass opt start time. If you do...you're in business.

Sometimes the EA will open trades prematurely....cancel everything by deleting pending orders. You may have to turn off the "Live" button once more. Note Market Time and change the time in the Chart EA. You don't want to enter into pending orders prior to Optimization. Advance the time by 4 hours to see if it stops the EA from placing premature pending orders before opti.

You don't need MS Excel to see output. The program will use your default browser IF you leave the command line that calls the MS Excel program...blank or empty.

It also has a pop-up window that shows changes made to the EA. From this moment forward do not open the chart EA and close it by hitting "ok" or "save" if you do you've just reset the opt values in the EA (internally). Once this is done one must implement optimization once again...manually.

Be sure to insert the name of the set file as it is typed out when you saved the strategy tester set file. Copy & paste this name into the top line of the .ini file.

Pipster

Pipster

The Good! What Bad? What Ugly?

The Good! What Bad? What Ugly?

Hello Traders,

Today I will be posting a LOOSING TRADE for Ballentine Ranger Resurrection A.I. EA......with one exception.....you will see how this EA "Reversed" it's position to win back my lost. This is truly a "Set & Forget" Expert Advisor.

mathprav

i am using breakout ranger on dollar edition, i agree, impressed by the ea, if any one has previous experience please share.

geges

Any updates?

Any updates?

I missed the webinar on how to optimize unfortunately and there is somthing basic I don't understand about how to enter data in ini file ...to optimize it
so its not optimizing for me
so anyway its been trading in default on my live account
as of now its positive +

anybody else watching this?

:)

geges

No Problems as far as I know

No Problems as far as I know

You had to register with Mark and then he had website issues @ launch.
There is nothing to share you have to go thru him...

It looks encouraging ...no virus issues that I know of.

Pipster

Not A Single Lost This Week!

Not A Single Lost This Week!

Wins on all usd pairs today

That's AWESOME! :)

I too have been NAILING Gabby ALL WEEK LONG!!! LOL!!!

P.S. Sleeping like a baby! :D

Pipster

How To Optimize...

How To Optimize...

I missed the webinar on how to optimize unfortunately and there is somthing basic I don't understand about how to enter data in ini file ...to optimize it
so its not optimizing for me
so anyway its been trading in default on my live account
as of now its positive +

anybody else watching this?

:)

Hi Geges,

Go to this link:

Scroll down to the video....right click on video...select "View On YouTube" when you arrive on YouTube..maximize video...take a note pad and step by step write out the procedures by starting and stopping the video...

OR....

proceed with each task step-by-step.

On another forum what I've found was traders weren't putting the ini file within the experts folder. They were putting it in the libraries folder. This is a mistake. The "ini' file must go into the experts folder.

Another mistake, one that I had made, putting both EA's on the same platform...that won't work either. One must install your broker's platform twice.

This is how I had done it....

C:/Program Files/AbcBroker/RangerYen/Metatrader
C:/Program Files/AbcBroker/RangerDollar/Metatrader

One also has to make sure that optimization of these two Robots do not begin at the same time especially on a VPS where you only have 512MB of Ram.

These are my experiences of course others may have had success with using the robots on the same platform but that's not true for me.

Hope this helps...

Pipster

FXpatriot

I've installed the bot, and i've optimized the settings.

Can I modify now the lots and the reversal mod, or i have to modify this BEFORE optimisation?

I've tried to make an opti file with 0.05 lot, resulting in a bug (non optimization) (Perhaps i've made a mistake modifying something)

Pipster

I've installed the bot, and i've optimized the settings.

Can I modify now the lots and the reversal mod, or i have to modify this BEFORE optimisation?

I've tried to make an opti file with 0.05 lot, resulting in a bug (non optimization) (Perhaps i've made a mistake modifying something)

Hi FXpatriot,

I haven't ventured outside the box as of yet. That is... go outside what the developer's video demonstrated.

So I only optimize the Hours Analysis, Start Time, Take Profit and Stop Loss. I first want to replicate the developers results before venturing out of the box. So far so good.

As far as optimizing lots or reversal algo before optimization...if you choose those items to be optimized..... you can do it that way.... but if you leave those items out of optimization it wouldn't matter if you modify those settings before or not because the EA will not test them.

I personally used MM and plugin reversal values myself without optimization and it worked out well. Reversal "True" Reversal Trail "15"

Have you had good results using the Developers recommendations before going into more in-depth optimization?

I was told the EA wasn't designed for micro-lots but I have seen it switch to microlots after the optimization showed a riskier market.

Hope I've answered your questions...

P.S. Just a quick note about optimizing...you most likely already know this but it's worth repeating just in case...do not use the "start" button for optimization. The EA will do this internally after duplicating your platform onto another virtual drive on your machine.

P.S.S. Also....be sure to use the "ini" file for optimization. If you do optimization manually you will lose the A.I. benefits and optimize automation of your Robot. :cool:

FXpatriot

Yes, thanks for the answer and for the repeating of some important things !
I haven't traded with it for the moment, I was just "playing" with the files.

The opti with 0.05 doesn't work, with 0.1 it's OK :) I've tried a second time.

Now I have two stop orders on the MT4 plateform, looks to be working ;)

Pipster

Yes, thanks for the answer and for the repeating of some important things !
I haven't traded with it for the moment, I was just "playing" with the files.

The opti with 0.05 doesn't work, with 0.1 it's OK :) I've tried a second time.

Now I have two stop orders on the MT4 plateform, looks to be working ;)

That's Great!

Many Pips to you! :D

FXpatriot

First trade = -50pips eur/usd :(
second trade = not well engaged ... then, big up of the eur/usd -> winning trade closed manualy 52.9pips :)

it's a good bot i think, but my account is too small for the risk, or i'm not an agressive trader ;)

Pipster

First trade = -50pips eur/usd :(
second trade = not well engaged ... then, big up of the eur/usd -> winning trade closed manualy 52.9pips :)

it's a good bot i think, but my account is too small for the risk, or i'm not an agressive trader ;)

What did your Optimization report say about the Eur/Usd concerning SL and TP?

I think it would be great to have a BE option in this Bot.

Since you intervene in this trade can I safely assume you went "Live" with this bot before testing your parameters in the demo environment?

If you are in a demo environment, allow the robot to build your trust in it. Allow it to handle the trade without intervention from you from the beginning to the end, profit or bust.

I do have one bit of advice...redo the A.I. Optimization. In strategy tester open up the expert properties, go to testing tab, input the amount you have in your account to trade. Generic should be checked and select "balance" in drop down menu.

Now you may want to experiment a little bit. In the properties tab select MM to true and check off MM percent for optimization to see if the EA will recognize it needs to use microlots for your account balance. So let's say you start with 1 step 1 and end at 5 percent.

If this doesn't work then optimize lot size starting with .01 step .01 end .1 or something like that.

Let's see if there's a change in the Opt Report that's positive.

Now save expert properties file. Take this name and place in on the top line of the 'ini" file for the pair you are trading. i.e. eur/usd.set

In this robot, one must have a SL and TP set and they must be optimized. Any attempts to do otherwise will lead to disappointing results.

Hope this helps.

Pipster

One Additional Note: All BreakOut Strategies require "Above Average Volitility" to be successful. Pairs that offer such volitility is G/U, E/J, G/J and a few others. E/U has to be the calmest pair of the them all....with that being said.....one may reconsider using E/U for Ranger Breakout A.I.

FXpatriot

Hi,

I wasn't able to use the EA on a demo account(error: bad account type) !
lol... so i decided to give a try on my live account ! (I hate those registering systems !)

After the optimization SL and TP were 500/600 pips (50/60 pips on 4 digit?), trailing was set at 50pips but I'm not sure it was working properly !
Reverse order to conservative mod.

When I'm watching the trade, the TP is set to 110 pips (hidden tp is off), and i think i was still in the trade after the 60pips(not sure) !

I will do a opti again, the 1st report was pretty good.
I think the main problem is (for my heart) the size of lots, at least 0.10lots, for an 1000$ account, too risky don't you think ? I thought the minimum trade size was 0.10 according to the manual. It's not an EA problem except if my opti is bad !

Trying the test with 0.05 lots didn't work (no results with the auto Opti), but i'll try using your idea with MM on, or with lot step.

I've done my optimization according to the video with "breakout eurusd.set", and i got results in the INI file.
(My trade were made with a buy stop / sell stop, and not at market price.)
I'll try to opti on GBPUSD monday ! :)

Just to know, What are your SL and TP ?

Could it be a problem with MT4, Windows seven and admin rights?... I don't think so...

I certainly need more time on a demo account !

Thx pipster for your help and the discussion ;)

FXpatriot

Pipster

Hi,

I wasn't able to use the EA on a demo account(error: bad account type) !
lol... so i decided to give a try on my live account ! (I hate those registering systems !)

Fxpatriot try using your "Live" License in your "Demo" platform. Don't forget to change your Demo account number into "Live" status in your Dashboard at BallentineFx. Once your optimization and tweaking turns out a killer SET file.....go live. :)

I will do a opti again, the 1st report was pretty good.
I think the main problem is (for my heart) the size of lots, at least 0.10lots, for an 1000$ account, too risky don't you think ? I thought the minimum trade size was 0.10 according to the manual. It's not an EA problem except if my opti is bad !

IF .1 lot represents $1 on your broker's platform and you're willing to risk 5% of your equity that equates to $50 dollar SL or 500 pips as a SL. With MM set to true and risk set at 5% the EA should honor this command option.

The EA should manage your account very efficiently. What I have noticed on another demo account if the EA suffer's a lost it switches to micro-lots automatically until the account is back up to positive territory.

Trying the test with 0.05 lots didn't work (no results with the auto Opti), but i'll try using your idea with MM on, or with lot step.

I highly recommend MM to be set to true and 5% as risk to give the trade a little room..not much. A breakout is a breakout and if it's a head fake or dud then the trade should either hang in neutral zone until it makes up it's mind or hit SL.

I've done my optimization according to the video with "breakout eurusd.set", and i got results in the INI file.
(My trade were made with a buy stop / sell stop, and not at market price.)
I'll try to opti on GBPUSD monday ! :)

Just to know, What are your SL and TP ?

I'm unable to share my SL and TP right at this moment due to my moving my entire account to a new broker whom welcomes "News Spike Trading". I am now using STP and Ranger AI Breakout strategies. I hope to be back online next week.

During optimization my TP has never reached 120 pips for the pair I was trading.

Could it be a problem with MT4, Windows seven and admin rights?... I don't think so...

I certainly need more time on a demo account !

Thx pipster for your help and the discussion ;)

FXpatriot

I don't think it's a problem with your Win7 machine. It takes practice to get the hang of using this special type of optimization and you're very welcome.

Pipster

lens70

[QUOTE = Pipster; 35401] Привет 4XMINISTRY, Да вы можете получить очень хорошие результаты, используя авто-оптимизации на самом деле, если вы не используете авто-Opti .... EA не будет хорошо работать на всех ...... Надеюсь, что это помогает! Pipster [/ QUOTE]

Dear pipster, tell me step by step how to install the EA, I understand very little English, and the optimization I did not get why such trade-25pip per night.
The author did not tell ....
Thank you.

Aurix Exchange