Aurix Exchange

Adaptive Price Zone

stovedude

Here is an indicator that Checkmail requested, since the MT4 version doesn't seem to exist, and I'm willing to bet nobody has it. The MTF part still needs some work though. They say it goes good with ADX and other trend filters. Similar to Bollinger, but better.

StaticX

Hi Stovedude,

I have these 2 Adaptive price zone indicators that you can look at.

Cheers
StaticX

Attachments

• Adaptive price zone.mq4
    3 KB · Views: 7
  • Adaptive price zone - alerts.mq4
    4.7 KB · Views: 6

checkmail

Adaptivepricezone indicator with adx arrow alerts

Adaptivepricezone indicator with adx arrow alerts

Hello stovedude and staticX this is checkmail and so far am just observing the apz on the charts, but still getting confused.so could you add an adx alert in form of up/down arrows, according to the apz formula requirement.

If am not wrong the adx is to be below 30 while piercing the ema price channel, even during an buy and also during an sell else the signal is not Counted.

So could you just add an adx below 30 alert arrows to the current apz indicator it would work at its best, identifying accurate tops and bottoms of ema trend.:)

checkmail

APZ indicator with alert

APZ indicator with alert

Hello stovedude this is checkmail and StaticX have already posted an APZ indicator with sound alert on price cross ema channel in the APZ post.
Can you just change the alert to arrow or dot instead of just sound alert, have the trending or ranging adx indicator would like to test this formula manually.:)

stovedude

Here it is. I looked at the ADX filter when you first mentioned it, but I just can't see where the 30 level would help. It seems you would miss a lot of trades and get a lot of false signals by using the ADX in this fashion.

Attachments

• Adaptive price zone - alerts.mq4
    5.8 KB · Views: 4

checkmail

APZ indicator with alerts

APZ indicator with alerts

Hello stovedude this is checkmail and somewhat you are right as me too got confused when the trend changed without adx below 30, thats why asked for this adx alerts.Me couldn't find exact signal as mentioned in the APZ formula.

Could you just modify it to paint arrows on price bars piercing the ema channel, without the adx filter.
Would be useful to check with the trending or ranging indicator.:)

It looked like an good formula to use but its turning out to be sloppy somewhat, anyways proceed with the simple arrow alert modification on apz indicator.:)

stovedude

Hello stovedude this is checkmail and somewhat you are right as me too got confused when the trend changed without adx below 30, thats why asked for this adx alerts.Me couldn't find exact signal as mentioned in the APZ formula.

Could you just modify it to paint arrows on price bars piercing the ema channel, without the adx filter.
Would be useful to check with the trending or ranging indicator.:)

It looked like an good formula to use but its turning out to be sloppy somewhat, anyways proceed with the simple arrow alert modification on apz indicator.:)

It already has the arrow alert. I never included the ADX filter because I couldn't see how it would help. Many times ADX is high when it reverses, and many times it's low.

checkmail

Checkemail

Checkemail

Hello stovedude check your email at last found that indicator also have emailed you as webpage wasn't loading here.:)

Aurix Exchange