Aurix Exchange

Another "Simple Strategy"

CHAZ0159

I've been testing this strategy after taking heavy losses using expert advisors.

ADX Crossing - default settings
ZigAndZag - default settings
DualFiboLine_LastPeriod - default settings

I use this strategy on H1 and H4 charts and the signal combination of ADX Crossing and ZigAndZag have been the most reliable and rewarding. ZigAndZag does repaint so that signal alone doesn't give the best signal. ADX Crossing provides a very reliable signal. Choose SL/TP that suites you or based on fibonacci levels.

Attachments

• simple adx-zigandzag.jpg
    simple adx-zigandzag.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 5
  • ADX Crossing.mq4
    2.2 KB · Views: 2
  • ZigAndZag.mq4
    15.5 KB · Views: 2
  • DualFiboLine_LastPeriod.mq4
    16.9 KB · Views: 2

iolui

I've been testing this strategy after taking heavy losses using expert advisors.

ADX Crossing - default settings
ZigAndZag - default settings
DualFiboLine_LastPeriod - default settings

I use this strategy on H1 and H4 charts and the signal combination of ADX Crossing and ZigAndZag have been the most reliable and rewarding. ZigAndZag does repaint so that signal alone doesn't give the best signal. ADX Crossing provides a very reliable signal. Choose SL/TP that suites you or based on fibonacci levels.

Thanks for this strategy Chaz. Do you know if ADX Crossing is a repainting one?

:)

CHAZ0159

I've watched the ADX Crossing as it appeared and it shows up on the closed candle. I have not seen it repaint even when there are spikes in the market.

iolui

Repaints

Repaints

I've watched the ADX Crossing as it appeared and it shows up on the closed candle. I have not seen it repaint even when there are spikes in the market.

Unfortunately, it repaints in some instances, because DI + & DI- crosses again on the very next candle...... and, if we referesh the chart, the old signal disappears (see charts: in the first one I have the wrong signal (and at that point there was a real cross, but reverted the next candle), in the second one, I refreshed the chart and the green signal disappeared).

Not a big problem, I think, expecially in longer TFs (here was 1min TF), but we must consider it when looking at the charts for backtesting.....
:D

Attachments

• adx crossing test 01.jpg
    adx crossing test 01.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 1
  • adx crossing test 02.jpg
    adx crossing test 02.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1

Aurix Exchange