one to one coaching

Astrological Trading by Planets & WD GANN

gann01

I see there are a lot of misunderstandings surrounding on topic WD GANN and financial astrological trading.

someone says his son told the media that his father cannot make a living by solely trading, and WD GANN lived on the selling on his own courses instead.

I will try with my way to tell the public that indeed WD GANN is very good trader and his method can generate very profitable trades nowadays as well.

I will show a series of trades, please be patient that if one of them are wrong, as over the long run this series of trade will be profitable.

guessing the market is different from profiting from the market. sometimes you guess on the market is not right, but you still earn money because you know you are on the wrong track.

also profiting from the market also involves correct capital management and risk management. so even if you are very good with guessing the market, you can stlll lose money because of your risk management.

last but not least, no matter how well you trade the market, you still have to handle with your own financial cycle when some times no matter how well you analysed or traded the market, you will lose money. believe me, there is some time, it is just like that.

Brumby

I see there are a lot of misunderstandings surrounding on topic WD GANN and astrological trading.

someone says his son told the media that his father cannot make a living by solely trading, and WD GANN lived on the selling on his own courses instead.
This is not a misunderstanding. It is on public record. The source is Dr. Alexander Elder's book "Trading for a living" (page 23).

You may attribute the reason as Dr. Elder having a axe to grind or that Gann's son dislike his father and said untrue things but it is out there on record.

gann01

Euro now 1.3365, i will buy 1 unit with stop loss on 1.332, target 1.345 before end of this week
Australia Dollar now 1.0286, i will buy a unit with stop loss 1.0230, target 1.0419 14 March 2013

gann01

JPY now 93.11, stop loss 94.15, target 92.00 before 20 Feb. notice that it is a bold forecast for I am going against the market as everyone knows that JPY is on a major depreciation trend now.

Good luck trading to you guys.

luigi

Its one thing to announce one´s trade publicly,but I fail to see what this has to do with Gann other than being vague about the reasons for your trade.

gann01

i forget to say the stop loss is activated only if the day close hold a higher value than my stop loss target. so by now I am still holding the JPY bet although it had jumped to 94.2x, but back down to 94.0 now.

will check if i should stop loss on tonight closing price.

Brumby

Its one thing to announce one´s trade publicly,but I fail to see what this has to do with Gann other than being vague about the reasons for your trade.
I share your opinion. This is an exercise in futility. Whether the trades end up positively or negatively demonstrates nothing other than a bunch of trades being called out which will end up negatively or positively.

Those who are Gann fans will continue to do so regardless of what others say and those who are not will continue to do what they do best - rubbish the man. A dead man's legacy stands on his own merits. He did called out a bunch of trades with high accuracy and were on public record. It is difficult to dispute that. Conversely, $50 million is a lot of money in those days (inflation adjusted) to leave behind but no one seems to have a clue where is the money or produce records to demonstrate it exist.

luigi

I share your opinion. This is an exercise in futility. Whether the trades end up positively or negatively demonstrates nothing other than a bunch of trades being called out which will end up negatively or positively.

Those who are Gann fans will continue to do so regardless of what others say and those who are not will continue to do what they do best - rubbish the man. A dead man's legacy stands on his own merits. He did called out a bunch of trades with high accuracy and were on public record. It is difficult to dispute that. Conversely, $50 million is a lot of money in those days (inflation adjusted) to leave behind but no one seems to have a clue where is the money or produce records to demonstrate it exist.
IMO the 50million is not the estate,but a total life-time´s gains....the guy employed astrologers,had a plane,2nd home in Florida...all that consumes a whole lot of money by itself plus need to have had existed well before being spent.
On another note...
The thing with Gann is,that it really really takes either time or a lots of brains to understand what he was trying to teach in his courses.And once one gets the deceisive blink one can only be in awe where his ideas come from and especially how he adopted them for trading.
But getting back to one´s initial investment in Gann,it is the reason why you wont get spoon fed with it on the internet.There is not even a single book/course I know of that offers a kind of walk-through to his theory,the real one that is,not something like Baumring which basically just offers pre-knowledge/background knowledge to get started.
The other thing is what you can find on the internet is 99% flawed and useless.The one thing that comes to mind right now is an article by James Stewart on the law of vibration,but that tells only 50% of it.
Now my initial critic was based on the fact that something is NOT Gann just because I use astrology or whatever.Maybe its Gann-Like.IMO If I state Gann I will name at least the technique it is based on plus some expected support/resistance derived thereof.

gann01

Euro now 1.3365, i will buy 1 unit with stop loss on 1.332, target 1.345 before end of this week
Australia Dollar now 1.0286, i will buy a unit with stop loss 1.0230, target 1.0419 14 March 2013

You must be registered for see images attach

got the correct price target at 1.3450 and got the correct time frame before 17 feb. Nice 85pips profit.

now Euro at 1.0385, i will buy again and aim for another 80pips before 14 March

Sixer

Forex Trader
gann01,

i still can`t recognize any relation to "Gann stuff" which you are using for the shown trades !!

Sixer

gann01

also I welcome comment and challenges, but before you speak, please prove yourself why you are so authoritative and why one should listen to you.

I just know in the market, whoever wins money is the king. so please throw up some forecast (time and price) and if you can beat me, I will listen to your critics.

I am saying I am using WD GANN and astrology method, I have no incentive to mislead you so if you would listen, then listen; if you refuse, that's fine and it is your decision to hide in your own comfort zone.

There is no need to continue argue with me for I won't comment on the critics from this message on and good luck to those people who choose not to listen. (and again if you want to argue, please prove yourself why you are so authoritative first and thanks)

I usually do not post in forum, so after I finish my point here (WD GANN methods can gives you very accurate time and price) I will leave this forum.

luigi

You just sound like a boaster...I bet you just buy some newsletter and try to show off here...might really be the wrong place for you....byebye

gann01

I will buy gold now at 1632 target 1642. target date before 21 Feb. stop loss 1620.

Jupiter is ready to retrograde soon, this usually brings a minor change of trend in gold.
I am expecting some fluctuation to occur before and after the weekend.

p.s. I also hope there is such a high accuracy newsletter available for me subscribe. then i dont have to do all the calculationssss, but such newsletter would necessary to have a cost maybe at 500usd+/month.

also my earlier post is not targeted at you, luigi. I just hate to see people who criticize for the sake of criticizing, they will have something to criticize no matter how good the education material is shown before them. and there are a lot of such people online.

eldermagi

This is not a misunderstanding. It is on public record. The source is Dr. Alexander Elder's book "Trading for a living" (page 23).

You may attribute the reason as Dr. Elder having a axe to grind or that Gann's son dislike his father and said untrue things but it is out there on record.
So are all of Gann's prediction on public record. One side proves it with his forecast, the other side proves nothing with his criticism. So yes, i agree. There is no confusion/misunderstanding as to who rocks (Gann) and who sucks (Elder).

luigi

Precious metals took a hit past week.Next week will be interesting to see further developments

Brumby

So are all of Gann's prediction on public record. One side proves it with his forecast, the other side proves nothing with his criticism. So yes, i agree. There is no confusion/misunderstanding as to who rocks (Gann) and who sucks (Elder).
If we are to have a mature and sensible discussion regarding Gann, it is important to remove the emotional component from the process.

Unfortunately there are very few facts out there and predominantly any publicly available information are used to arque specific preferential outcome even if the nexus is highly questionable. The author James Hyerczyk in his book "Pattern Price and Time using Gann Theory in TA" best sums up in page 14 of the book the opposing views to this ongoing debate. Those interested in a balanced view should read it to form your own opinion.

luigi

Another unhealthy day for precious metals....last 2 days had very strong astro energy.....updated chart...shows the use of keeping old angles on

gann01

now Euro at 1.3385, i will buy again and aim for another 80pips before 14 March
stopped out at 1.3285. losing 100pips. making cumulative -20pips in eur with my 2 trades

sell a new order at 1.3285 as well. looking at a 1.300 target in late-April

Brumby

JPY now 93.11, stop loss 94.15, target 92.00 before 20 Feb. notice that it is a bold forecast for I am going against the market as everyone knows that JPY is on a major depreciation trend now.
What's happening with your USDJPY trade?

gann01

ok update on my holdings:

selling EUR at 1.3285 will hold till late-Apr expecting 1.3000
buying JPY (means expecting it to go down) at 93.11 will hold 3 more trading days
selling gold at 1617 will hold till 11 March expecting 1,500
buying AUD at 1.0286 will hold till 14 March expecting 1.0419

------------------------

I am still holding the jpy with tiny loss about 50 pips.. but expecting jpy to hit 92 soon. i will give it 3 more trading days. if it doesn't move toward 92, I would close it.

gold - holding a positive gain of $60 which covered a few times over the tiny loss on JPY, EUR and AUD already. will keep holding until 11 Mar with a expectation of $1,500.

gann01

ok update on my holdings:

selling EUR at 1.3285 will hold till late-Apr expecting 1.3000
buying JPY (means expecting it to go down) at 93.11 will hold 3 more trading days
selling gold at 1617 will hold till 11 March expecting 1,500
buying AUD at 1.0286 will hold till 14 March expecting 1.0419

------------------------

I am still holding the jpy with tiny loss about 50 pips.. but expecting jpy to hit 92 soon. i will give it 3 more trading days. if it doesn't move toward 92, I would close it.

gold - holding a positive gain of $60 which covered a few times over the tiny loss on JPY, EUR and AUD already. will keep holding until 11 Mar with a expectation of $1,500.

closed my EUR at 1.3210 now. will sell again later. porfiting 75pips. cumulative 55pips on EUR on 3 trades

one to one coaching