(Share) Banana Pips - Volatility scalper

Did you mean: you let it run the same account (????) on 2 terminals:
1. terminal "primary"
2. terminal "secondary"
or you let it run on 2 different accounts?

yan7181

WwI Memebr
thanks marco, so for example my primary latency is 10ms, the secondary latency should roughly below 100ms? or can be another server which ping around 10ms also?

It is the same that I shared with max spread 10 (i have 4 commission in tickmill)
Hi Marcosolito,

Had 4 trades today on GBP/USD, with your setup, 2 were closed by trailing stop, and 2 are still open with over 30 pips loss.
Did you have similar situations during your forward testings? Is it normal for the EA, or secondary terminal is not working properly, I had such cases during backtest, but thought that secondary terminal will close them at modest stop loss, not let them run causing open DD.

Thanks Снимок.PNG

marcosolito

WwI Memebr
hello the secondary terminal has much latency? Your monkey has taken a false signal, but it is not working properly, because my friend is using gbpusd in hotforex account and he did not have those trade just two yesterday morning with result +73 cent. which broker you are using? however, if the price does not back down monkey after some closed positions. you may also have had a major shift that has done work badly. Furthermore the set file I'm still testing for now in my account it works well but I do not know in the future. aspect details

Hello, I'm testing on JFD brokers, secondary terminal is 20 ms away from the server.
Actually for this strategy you probably won't have same trades with 2 different brokers. For example, I was watching your fxbook - I did not have trade on USD/JPY in the morning, but I did have one in the evening with 17 cent loss, which was not triggered on tickmill.
My concern now is that Monkey is leaving trades open, was running backtests yesterday on GBP/USD and had at least 2 the same situations since January.
Cannot understand well why it happens, or may be it just EA bug - too bad Trevone stopped the project, he could provide some answers :(

marcosolito

WwI Memebr
Trevone has made a lot of money and is not responding to anyone. it is normal that takes the open trades you should try to pick up the parameter ''maximal drawdown'', but I do not understand why the trades are so different. the date from which you are testing?

Started live for 2 days, before was running on demo for 2 weeks.
I guess I will do some optimizations with 99% and see if I can find a setup without carrying open positions for long time

marcosolito

WwI Memebr
it's fine if you can find some good set file I hope you will share with us, I suggest optimizations to use a strong negative slippage and high spreads

btw just ran 99% backtest of yesterday with Dukascopy data and results are quite close with my live trades:
I had 2 in profit and 2 stayed opened (I closed them manually)
In backtest I have 4 closed trades and 2 trades stayed open until the end:
Снимок.jpg
Снимок1.jpg
Снимок2.jpg

marcosolito

WwI Memebr
hello yan7181 can you tell me on which broker you are using it? and can you post or send me the results? I'm trying to find out the best conditions for this EA

yan7181

WwI Memebr
Sorry late reply, I am trying on LMAX, I have account with them. Yes, sometimes the EA will leave trade open and have huge floating. The last time I used, I did not actually follow the rules, now I understand must setup primary and secondary.