one to one coaching

Best indicator

marcuss

Hello all,

I want you to ask one "simple" question:

If you are allowed to use ONLY ONE indicator in your chart what indicator will be? :confused:

The answer to this question will reveal in what indicator you can trust and what is you best indicator.

Do this exercise now: open a new chart, put only one indicator and make your decision! Can you trust in this indicator? :eek:

Pls share your opinion and your best indicator with us.

Mine is nonlagma nrp (with length 20)

Remember: just one indicator!!

Attachments

StaticX

Oooo Love that nonlagma nrp, especially since it was created by Mladen.

If I had a choice and could only use one indi, I would be using (and I do) MLaden's newer version of nonlagma nrp, the "averages - mtf & alerts".

It includes the nonlagma as one of the options. I like it cause it can give alerts.

I have attached it here as well as his histo version of the same indicator. Both are identical, just visually different for chart neatness.

Attachments

cleverjoe

Hello all,

If you are allowed to use ONLY ONE indicator in your chart what indicator will be? :confused:

The answer to this question will reveal in what indicator you can trust and what is you best indicator.

Do this exercise now: open a new chart, put only one indicator and make your decision! Can you trust in this indicator? :eek:

can you share how u trade using only this?
if u dont mind me asking :D
thanks anyway for sharing

Joy22

Hello all,

stock jurich smooth correct

joy22

Attachments

StaticX

Hi Joy22,

What are your settings for that indicator. I use to use it when it first came out, but could never get the settings right. (with wrong settings for smoothing it would give me too many false signals, I mailed MLaden about it and he too was not sure, he jsut knew that if you chose the wrong settings it would produce false signals)

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers
StaticX

StaticX

I would just like to add, that when I finally figure out the Elliot wave way of trading the only indicator that I would use would be the one attached to this post... but for now, Mr Elliot is speaking Klingon and I am still trying to locate my universal translator ....

(It's the same indicator from here )

Attachments

Joy22

Hi Joy22,

What are your settings for that indicator. I use to use it when it first came out, but could never get the settings right. (with wrong settings for smoothing it would give me too many false signals, I mailed MLaden about it and he too was not sure, he jsut knew that if you chose the wrong settings it would produce false signals)

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers
StaticX
Eur/usd TF5

K=14
D=14

Slow period=3
Slowperiod Phase =1

color ma Bd =20
Buy Color ma green and cross up stock
Sell Color ma red and cross down stok

in attach Eur/USD TF5:
ok= profit
er= loss

joy22

P.S. TF30 TFH1 TH 4H good

Attachments

goeland

Hello,

I tried STC Plot as main indicator on a EURUSD M1 chart and it is working relatively well for scalping.
I will try it on M5 chart but it would be interesting to add a SOUND Alert on this indicator.
Maybe, someone can do it?
Thanks in advance,

MP

goeland

Can you make your decision based only on stock jurich smooth correct indi?

PS I think your indi it's the same as schaff trend cycle
Hello,

I tried STC Plot on the EURUSD M5 chart and it is working relatively well for scalping.
Now, I will try it on EURUSD M5 TF but it should be interesting to add a SOUND Alert on this indicator.
Maybe, someone can do it?
Thanks in advance,

MP

Attachments

Knez

One indicator that I will use is for sure IMACD.

I am using it on 5min and 15min time frame on EU, EJ, and GU.

Simply apply to your chart with default settings ... under Levels add only 0 level.

When yellow line cross 0 line it is a signal to enter trade.

This cannot be used as only indicator, but this thread is dedicated to "ONLY ONE" indicator, so I post my favorite.

Knez.

Attachments

lerxst

@Joy22,

Which indicator is showing the aqua arrows on your last pic? I thought it was the color one indicator attached, but seems to be something else. Thanks.

oxbuck

schaff trend cycle

schaff trend cycle

Can u please put an alert on the mt4 version of the STC when color/data higher or lower changes

forex-std

I'm using Leledc-SsrcForceFinal. It's a good indicator for detecting changes in direction. I have it on H1 with Cycle_Point_KROUFR_version_MTF and use both with default settings. Good results so far.
Leledc-SsrcForceFinal is based on Snake, which repaints! However, if the thread were titled "Your TWO favorite indicators" then it may have some potential and a conformation indicator.

fscrp

One indicator, but placed twice on a chart :D

Moving Average: period 5, apply to high
Moving Average: period 5, apply to low

Don't do anything while price is in the channel, go long or short when candle closes outside the channel

H

hermes

Is it 5 EMA? I like also the 5 EMA / shift 5 or 3 EMA / shift 3. You can plot them both on chart.
Hermes

oxbuck

can someone put alert on this when trend passes above 15 and below 85?

can someone put alert on this when trend passes above 15 and below 85?

Stovedued, can you put an alert on the schaff trend cycle?

oxbuck

can Stovedude or someone put an alert on the STC_plot_dcec indicator?

can Stovedude or someone put an alert on the STC_plot_dcec indicator?

Sell alert when trend cycle goes below 85 and Buy alert when trend cycle goes above 15.

one to one coaching