one to one coaching

Best strategy

Tinojazz

Professional Trader Since 2007
VIP Member
I open this thread to invite all members to show us the best strategy what they use in last time. We can be stronger together.
I have great wining strategy, but i will post when i see some your ideas.
Lets start somebody!

C

cfanfx

A set track

A set track

to me the best strategy channels around the perfect use of bollinger band + ichiomoku cloud and 80 sma set to close and simple.

with a tone of stochastic to measure overbought and oversold state.

the attached can speak.

Attachments

H

hermes

Tina Maria, I found simple and straight forward system Web Trading System (WTS) just added Stochastic 5,3,3, ADX14 an Market zones like cream on coffee. Works best on begin of transition from Asian to European session. Lot of trades indicated!
Bollinger is always welcome but the way it is given in FX Maximizer it is unique: Triple Bollinger!
Hermes

Attachments

C

cfanfx

waoooo

waoooo

i wish i can have a real taste of herme's cream and coffee

Thanks

Tinojazz

VIP Member
Tina Maria, I found simple and straight forward system Web Trading System (WTS) just added Stochastic 5,3,3, ADX14 an Market zones like cream on coffee. Works best on begin of transition from Asian to European session. Lot of trades indicated!
Bollinger is always welcome but the way it is given in FX Maximizer it is unique: Triple Bollinger!
Hermes
Hi Carolina :), what a coincidence,i am all day testing same dynamic price chanels. Thay work perfect for entries and exits.

radicaltour

VIP Member
talking about price channels, i find the pitchfork very easy to create and is a consistent way to get accurate channels and trendlines.
Here's a sample of GBPUSD recently, you can see only 2 pitchforks are needed and yet it gave us 5 points to anticipate price.
Even though the pitchfork looks simple to implement, but the application is really powerful because you're really incorporating other ideas into one:
median line, channels, dominant angles, trendlines with Semaphores, transgressing (projecting) wave structure, (magic) Balance points....

I love symmetry (geometry) and so i've seen this method works so often when i scrolled through hundreds of charts.

Attachments

H

hermes

From the commercials, "Starbucks" coffee schmeckt best. I don't put any cream in coffee, use honey, maple syrup or brown sugar and the cream replace with excellent brandy like Sokolova or Dujardin. I like the taste of Columbian coffee and always "Turkish" style. That's coffee to live for!
I like this friendly forum, wish we could go all together for coffee, I pay for the coffee and cake!
Radicaltour we have something in common, I like symmetrical women.
Cheers Hermes - Coffeelogy :)

MJ2008

Platinum Member
VIP Member
Hi

one from the best I know broken trend , so easy and profitable .

Thanks
MJ

stjohn

Hi

For someone like myself who's very new to fx I think that this thread is a great idea. There are so many different systems out there with new ones appearing what seems like every five minutes. In no time at all I've collected dozens and I have to admit that I find it pretty mind boggling and confusing. So anyway I think that anything to help concentrate and put the emphasis on proven and profitable strategies can only help and benefit everybody.
Thanks to everyone for providing such a great forum.

radicaltour

VIP Member
i totally agree with stjohn.
Please also give credit to cfanfx because he's been asking for a thread like this for a long time now! :)

It just takes some time for everyone to finally decide to "open up" on Tino's thread. hahahha

H

hermes

We build FX team where more brains means more experience and knowledge and less mistakes.
I am always looking for simple and effective systems and it is not difficult to find it when I focus on it.
We should work together like 3 (4) musketeers one for all, all for one.
In unity is power that's a universal law we should follow.
Hermes

stovedude

I've been developing this strategy. Almost complete so far (part of it is in our EA) with 3 indicators. With this strategy, we will be mainly watching when the indicators turn on the current candle (not waiting for the close, although it is safer, but will miss most of the moves sometimes). We will use OB/OS areas to some degree, but only for strength of the signal.

I'm trying this on E/U H4 (where the big money is). Use default indicator values that I've chosen (or change as you see fit).

Long trades:
A. Any 2 of the 3 indicators agree in direction (do not wait for all 3, but if all 3 agree at the same time, it will usually be a bigger move). Optional - wait for the StochRSI and/or DoubleStoch to move out of the OS area.
B. If the PolyVelocity crosses above 0, this will override the other 2 completely and signal the long trade.
C. Optional - wait for price to break the previous candle's high.
D. StopLoss - 40-50 pips. (I'm testing out SL at previous candle's low minus 2 pips and minus spread.) Optional - at each new candle's open, reset SL to the Open of previous 2nd candle (or the Low - your preference). Also optional - reset SL at each new lower fractal (support level)-2pips-spread.
E. Takeprofit - exit at opposite sell signal or hit last SL level.

Short trades.
A. Any 2 of the 3 indicators agree in direction (do not wait for all 3, but if all 3 agree at the same time, it will usually be a bigger move). Optional - wait for the StochRSI and/or DoubleStoch to move out of the OB area.
B. If the PolyVelocity crosses below 0, this will override the other 2 completely and signal the short trade.
C. Optional - wait for price to break the previous candle's low.
D. StopLoss - 40-50 pips. (I'm testing out SL at previous candle's high plus 2 pips and plus spread.) Optional - at each new candle's open, reset SL to the Open of previous 2nd candle (or the High - your preference). Also optional - reset SL at each new upper fractal (resistance level)+2pips+spread.
E. Takeprofit - exit at opposite long signal or hit last SL level.

Note: if only 2 indicators agree (or all 3 if you wish), you should set a breakeven level after 10-20 pips, and lock in a couple of pips profit to pay for your kids' lunch money. Also beware of dojis, friday's close, and black cats that cross your path.

Now if you trade the current candle (which means you will be glued to your screen sometimes, even on H4), you will be practically trading from support level to resistance level very effectively. News will not be a problem. In fact, you can switch to a smaller TF for trading news. Note: if you try on a smaller TF, you might pick up more pips, but the breakeven function will be harder to implement, because spread will be more of a factor when the market consolidates. If you use a bollinger band, you will see the market consolidate as the bands squeeze the life out of price action and the dojis start to form. Better to wait till the bollinger starts to expand a little.

The reason behind these 3 indicators is that the Double Stochastic lags a little sometimes and be exact at other times, while the StochRSI and the PolyVelocity will lead, but the last 2 have divergence problems by nature. Therefore I have found that taking 2 (minimum) out of 3 is sufficient, unless the Poly crosses 0, which is a very reliable signal, except it can lag a little and trigger only a breakeven situation. The signal line of the PolyVelocity can be ignored.

I hope everything is clear.:D This strategy is subject to your scrutiny, and could use further development, but on visual backtest, it kicks major butt and gets you into the trade far faster than most methods. Please demo test it first (try visual backtest when you have time). You will probably be in a trade most of the time. Again, beware of dreadful dojis.

I will be implementing all of this into the EA in the next couple of days to see how it works. Feel free to PM, and please please please don't think I'm the master of the universe or anything. This strategy is still in its infancy stage (only theory), and may be in need of major overhaul (or garbage recycling). We could also implement channels for confirmation (I have some MTF SHI channels that work great on the same chart).

BTW, I think this thread has better ideas than any commercial system we have found. We can go far working together for the same goal.

Edit: Sorry, the PolyVelocity should have settings 0,1,8,2,1
DoubleStoch should have settings of 10,5
StochRSI at default
(EA will optimize all settings anyway)

Attachments

goeland

Hello everybody,

Since 2 weeks, I experiment manual trading on GBPUSD on a demo account.
The strategy is simple:
- I use the 1 minute TF, with Bollinger Bands (I added the Stochastic indicator, but I am not sure of the settings)
- having a look on the trend with the 5 minutes TF
- always knowing the last news (fundamental)
I use BestCFD broker (similar to ODL securities) with a spread of 3,1.
If my strategy is OK, I will open an real account with an other broker to get a better spread (for example, Alpari UK - spread of 1,1).
My 1st rule is to stay the least time possible on the market, it means from 1 to 15 minutes maximum for a trade.
Why? Because I think that the general and present situation is uncertain and dangerous (Volatility, violent breakouts...etc).
You can see the results on the Excel sheet I added in annex.
Why Excel? Because I am studying the best lot size, stoploss and take profit in function of my initial deposit.
I hope to help this forum to get results in the future.
Regards,

MP

sreesimha

I am unable to see your files/strategies at all. Would you mind loading them in different format please?
A screen shot of your strat/template and a .doc on your strategy and excel performance sheet(.xls) would be a good idea I guess. Looks like you have latest office which may not be compatible to maybe many of us here. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your patience.

Thanks,

Sree.

radicaltour

VIP Member
edit: i wrote this post on another thread...i copied it here so that we capture all of these strategies/methods in one place. :)

We were all taught to sell on double tops and buy on double bottoms. There is nothing wrong with that, but i think we should remember to be extra cautious, because often times these patterns don't stop the main (major) trend. However, they usually end a Medium to Minor trend.

one of the lessons i learned from watching many videos is this phrase:
"double tops will hardly end an uptrend. Double bottoms will hardly end a downtrend"

I think there is some truth to that statement, as we can see this by looking at many charts. So i think the compromise is to:
(1) sell on double tops
(2) buy on double bottoms
(3) be ready to take profit quickly
(4) exit and reverse position if you feel like the main trend is continuing...this move will usually be fast and profitable because it will catch many other traders by surprise.

Attachments

H

hermes

When the trend is flat horizontal (sideways) double tops and bottom means nothing. It must have a healthy slop (30/45). It could be traded as quick scalping with small SL for good RR.
Hermes

Tinojazz

VIP Member
GU M1 scalping

GU M1 scalping

Here is some nice scalping system what is working everytime on M1TF.
Very simple: I-Trend(rsi filter 14) showing the trend,and Bolinger Bands are here for entering and exits. If I-Trend is red colored(short trend) we are waiting for price bar to come to the higher line of Bolinger Bands( settings 30/3) and we enter a sell order with small SL, and take profit expecting to lower BB line. and oportunity for long trades(blue I-TREND to buy from low BBline...)You will have about 2 win positions and 1 loss.Try it is great.
M1 TF...
Enjoy

goeland

Here is some nice scalping system what is working everytime on M1TF.
Very simple: I-Trend(rsi filter 14) showing the trend,and Bolinger Bands are here for entering and exits. If I-Trend is red colored(short trend) we are waiting for price bar to come to the higher line of Bolinger Bands( settings 30/3) and we enter a sell order with small SL, and take profit expecting to lower BB line. and oportunity for long trades(blue I-TREND to buy from low BBline...)You will have about 2 win positions and 1 loss.Try it is great.
M1 TF...
Enjoy
It is similar to my method except the i-trend.
I will try it. Thanks.
MP

H

hermes

Tinojazz, why on payed forum and not here? Are you anarchist?
All the attachments are nice but only for my eyes. You can see another guy sreesimha cannot download the stuff properly. Something stinks.
Hermes

H

hermes

Oh, I am patient. We have to be patient when in trading and gambling profession!
I wish you positive results from testings.
Hermes

H

hermes

Don't forget the underestimated simple and effective 4 WEEKS RULE. Don't have to have the computer switch on like with all the robots. I tweaked it to 1 WEEK RULE (see jpg).
The rules are the same like 4 WR but more flexible if sideways trends. I average between $50 - $100 / week without work. Just Friday evening adjustment. Like milking cow. That's all. Pays small overhead expenses like tips, fuel, coffee and so on... Makes life easier.

Friday Evening Rules:

Close SELL trade and enter BUY trade whenever price exceeds highs of the previous week.
Close BUY trade and enter SELL trade whenever price falls below lows of the previous week.

I added Bollinger, ADX, RSI and EMA 5/10. Best on GBPUSD, Weekly TF. Check also Daily TF for catching changing trends! Trends reverse in direction from smaller TFs to higher TFs.
Lot of fun.
Hermes

Attachments

Tinojazz

VIP Member
MM

MM

Whatever what strategy we use, success is result from you Money Menagment. I am against martingall trading, but here is some idea with multiple.

Trade 1:4 ratio

Example: SL- 50 pips , TP 200.

1st order 0.1 lot ( loser) = -5 $
2nd order 0.1 (loser) = -10
3rd 0.1 (loser) = -15
4th 0.1 (loser) = -20
5th 0.2 lot (loser) = -30
6th 0.2 lot (winner)= +10( totaly)

another example:

0.1 L = -5
0.1 L = -10
0.1 L = -15
0.1 L = -20
0.2 L = -30
0.2 L = -40
0.3 W= +20 (totaly)

and lets how many loosing positions you may support from 1000$ mini account.

0.1 L = -5
0.1 L = -10
0.1 L = -15
0.1 L = -20
0.2 L = -30
0.2 L = -40
0.3 L = -55
0.4 L = -75
0.5 L = -100
0.7 L = -135
0.8 L = -175
1 L = -225
1.2 L = -285
1.5 L = -360
2 L = -460
2.5 L = - 575
3 L= - 720$
and that was the last order, becouse you have not margin any more for open 3.5 lot. So you have right to miss 16 positions before last order.
Every order from 1st to 17th is in profit.
Regards

one to one coaching