Aurix Exchange

Best strategy

Tinojazz

Professional Trader Since 2007
VIP Member
Whatever what strategy we use, success is result from you Money Menagment. I am against martingall trading, but here is some idea with multiple.

Trade 1:4 ratio

Example: SL- 50 pips , TP 200.

1st order 0.1 lot ( loser) = -5 $
2nd order 0.1 (loser) = -10
3rd 0.1 (loser) = -15
4th 0.1 (loser) = -20
5th 0.2 lot (loser) = -30
6th 0.2 lot (winner)= +10( totaly)

another example:

0.1 L = -5
0.1 L = -10
0.1 L = -15
0.1 L = -20
0.2 L = -30
0.2 L = -40
0.3 W= +20 (totaly)

and lets how many loosing positions you may support from 1000$ mini account.

0.1 L = -5
0.1 L = -10
0.1 L = -15
0.1 L = -20
0.2 L = -30
0.2 L = -40
0.3 L = -55
0.4 L = -75
0.5 L = -100
0.7 L = -135
0.8 L = -175
1 L = -225
1.2 L = -285
1.5 L = -360
2 L = -460
2.5 L = - 575
3 L= - 720$
and that was the last order, becouse you have not margin any more for open 3.5 lot. So you have right to miss 16 positions before last order.
Every order from 1st to 17th is in profit.
Regards
Here is some results without any indicator. Just take orders random on naked chart. GBP-JPY SL 100 TP 400
Try on demo or tester.
Enjoy

Tinojazz

VIP Member
I AM MORE THAN SURE THAT YOU WILL NEVER LOOSE YOUR MONEY.
Another test GBP-JPY SL 200 TP 800
When profit comes for long order we are opening sell orders to the next profit, and again buy orders after sell's win;)
Enjoy

radicaltour

VIP Member
Hi TinoJazz,
I have very similar ideas. Although I think there are many variations of money management all depending on the strengths and weaknesses of the system.
For example, if my system produces 50% accuracy rate, then i would increase lot sizes like what you've demonstrated above.
But if my system produces 70% accuracy rate, then i may increase lot sizes faster, like after the 2nd trade.
But since this is trading forex and nothing is certain, we may want to compromise with a very basic approach. If we have a favorite setup that we feel is 70% accurate, then start with bigger lot size (bet bigger). Any other trade would use our normal lot size. Hence, it comes back to the idea of positive expectancy (in game theory).
All of this is of course based on the personality (risk appetite) of the trader too. :)

By the way TinoJazz, when you run your backtest, what happens if you increase your lot size and reverse your position everytime you lose? I know you don't like the martingale idea, but i have a feeling you would do pretty well too, because our systems usually get us in an explosive move...and so regardless if we are right or wrong, price will eventually move for hundreds of pips in one direction. So with that information i would like to try the "stop and reverse" strategy. :)

Tinojazz

VIP Member
Hi TinoJazz,
I have very similar ideas. Although I think there are many variations of money management all depending on the strengths and weaknesses of the system.
For example, if my system produces 50% accuracy rate, then i would increase lot sizes like what you've demonstrated above.
But if my system produces 70% accuracy rate, then i may increase lot sizes faster, like after the 2nd trade.
But since this is trading forex and nothing is certain, we may want to compromise with a very basic approach. If we have a favorite setup that we feel is 70% accurate, then start with bigger lot size (bet bigger). Any other trade would use our normal lot size. Hence, it comes back to the idea of positive expectancy (in game theory).
All of this is of course based on the personality (risk appetite) of the trader too. :)

By the way TinoJazz, when you run your backtest, what happens if you increase your lot size and reverse your position everytime you lose? I know you don't like the martingale idea, but i have a feeling you would do pretty well too, because our systems usually get us in an explosive move...and so regardless if we are right or wrong, price usually moves for hundreds of pips. So with that information i would love to try the "stop and reverse" strategy. :)
Lets make EA and we can test and modify the best:)

H

hermes

OK the martingale looks good but what trading strategy do you suggest? Just buying or selling from the belly button? Or do you have a specific strategy for it?
I think that the 1 Week Rule could hold even steeper martingale. I didn't lose 3 times in row! Only I cannot predict the 1:4 ratio. The ratio is too high. Only swing or long term strategy can make 1:4 but then SL must go at least to 150 pips. The system would be a first Holy Grail (or holy molly?). Or at least winner in long run how we say it in gambling profession.
I didn't think that far before your excellent MM idea.
Now we have to tailor a strategy around the MM. Make a martingale for 1:2 ratio. Maximum 1:2,5.
Thanks Hermes

Tinojazz

VIP Member
OK the martingale looks good but what trading strategy do you suggest? Just buying or selling from the belly button? Or do you have a specific strategy for it?
I think that the 1 Week Rule could hold even steeper martingale. I didn't lose 3 times in row! Only I cannot predict the 1:4 ratio. The ratio is too high. Only swing or long term strategy can make 1:4 but then SL must go at least to 150 pips. The system would be a first Holy Grail (or holy molly?). Or at least winner in long run how we say it in gambling profession.
I didn't think that far before your excellent MM idea.
Now we have to tailor a strategy around the MM. Make a martingale for 1:2 ratio. Maximum 1:2,5.
Thanks Hermes
Use your best strategy, and my second test weas from naked chart, when the price is down at the chat i am buying, and the high chart- selling. For 1:2 here are exmpls.

1st 0.1
2 0.1
3 0.15
4 0.2
5 0.3
6 0.5
7 0.7
8 1.1
9 1.6
10 2.4
11 3.6

If you want to play with smal SL and TP lets say SL 20 TP 40, my sugest is to play from pivot to pivot EUR-USD only. I have testef EUR-USD 1:4 ratio SL 20 TP 80 and i survive all 2009. I've open one time 3.5 order that was critical. But in luck he wins. So we must know that the profits are small, like ex. you ply with 1, 2, 3 lots to win 10 or 5 $.

H

hermes

I almost got heart attack! I checked the Silver EA in the morning on demo and it was $500 up. I checked it now 3:45 EST and it is $1,500 up!
If we could make this EA more secure it would be money laundry machine! I don't understand programing. Does somebody know a good programmer to refurbish the Silver EA? It is a gold behind the corner.
Thanks Hermes

H

hermes

That's not the whole story! 7:00 pm it was +$2,135 and now 0:39 EST it is +$998 but it was down already to +$594. The stupid robots never close the trades when optimal conditions! They are greedy and stupid like their programmers. Every robot must be closed manually by the trader when the trader feels like enough. Never wait for its own intelligence to do it! I would close it at $2,000 for sure (and say a prayer to God for that free holiday) but for testing the stupidity of the robots (no exception!) I let it close by itself (probably in minus!). I never saw a robot which closed on its peak! And I tested 100's.
The entries are not so bad but exits (closings) are catastrophic!
Hermes

Joy22

I open this thread to invite all members to show us the best strategy what they use in last time. We can be stronger together.
I have great wining strategy, but i will post when i see some your ideas.
Lets start somebody!

strategy MJ

interpretation by Joy22:

1 only trend;
2 trend against the upper edges of the channel only confirmed by two filters;
3 No trade medium channel.

Joy22

Attachments

• mj strategia modifica.jpg
    mj strategia modifica.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 0

Joy22

indicatori

indicatori

strategy MJ

interpretation by Joy22:

1 only trend;
2 trend against the upper edges of the channel only confirmed by two filters;
3 No trade medium channel.

Joy22

Indicators:

Mj template up an down
Trend: directional chanell
Filters; Snaiper A Snaiper B
SEFC Bull and Bear, RSI TC
plus 1 indicators for stop.

Joy 22

Tinojazz

VIP Member
indicators for day trade or scalp:
entry:1 minimum
filter entry minimum 1

exit: stop 1, target 2 (fixed, and pivot-target)

total minimum five indicators.

joy22
Can you make template?
thanks

H

hermes

Final Western Story of the Silver EA. Wednesday 6:00 EST -$203!!! Didn't I predicted it? From +$2,135 to -$203 what a magarac programmers? All EAs have this disease in common! No vaccination found. When you trade EAs you have to close the trades when satisfying amount, manually - always.
Cheers Hermes
P.S.
00:04 EST - $ 93 (what an improvement!)

Joy22

Template joy22 for scalp

Template joy22 for scalp

Can you make template?
thanks

work in trend
the trend is defined by trend enveloppes mtf

entry: 2
signal 1 or signal 2
Filter: 3
snaiper A, snaiper B and, forex trends.
For entry minimum 2 filter the same color

exit stop loss (nd2stop), take profit 9 pips (Eur USD) o pivot murrey.

Joy 22

H

hermes

Here is a Breakout strategy, quasi holy grail. Similar progression like by Tinojazz. If it is not FX HG yet I will make it HG. It doesn't need too much.
Cheers Hermes

radicaltour

VIP Member
funny, i came up with the same strategy that i wrote back in this thread: [/URL]
Though i don't do 3x lots sizes, i just make sure each new buy/sell side has 2x the amount of the other side.
I wrote an EA for this but i'm still working out bugs.
Trading london breakout with GBPJPY and EURJPY is almost a guarantee price will move up or down more than 100 pips. However, there will be times (sundays and mondays) when these pairs range within 100 pips and you may get hit 5 times. So you're bound to hit your margin limit if you don't be careful with the initial lot size.
The other twist i wanted to look into is the (math) statistical aspect. I think 80% of the time price will either move straight in one direction or it will give you a fake out and move to the opposite direction. So knowing this why don't we close the losing orders and stop hedging after the 2nd trade? Which means, if price already faked us out 2 times, what is the likelyhood it'll fake us out again? Maybe 20% of the time? But the other 80% of the time we'll make a lot more $ and quicker (by not hedging after the 2nd trade). I'm i crazy to think this? lol

H

hermes

Radicaltour I would appreciate sophisticated Breakout EA with that progression a lot. Less work, less headache, more security.
Cheers Hermes

H

hermes

Guys, what is in your opinion the best real time (no lagging) momentum indicator? We need one for the FX HG system.
Hermes
P.S.
What do you think about the CCI indicator? Has somebody experience with it?

H

hermes

Go to:

there are plenty robots and systems for the whole kindergarten!
For everybody something. Another weakness of the forum: scews up links!
Hermes

radicaltour

VIP Member
hi hermes,
when you are creating a post, there's 2 check boxes that "screws up" the links. Just uncheck them and it'll leave your links alone. :)

Attachments

• links.jpg
    links.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 0
Go to:

Hermes
Hello hermes:)

Thanks for good share!!
Hmmm, dramatic

Go to:

Hermes

Can not down load the files. Please re post them.
Barry

Aurix Exchange