Aurix Exchange

(Completed Request) Tidane EA 1.00

saxon

taju12 asked me to recode an EA for him to include hidden SL, hidden TP and reverse signalss.

I added all the usual bells and whistles like martingale and trailing stops.

Worked out quite nicely :)

Everyone test and see if you can find profitable settings.

Attachments

• TidaneEA1.00.ex4
    68 KB · Views: 3
  • Tidane exit.ex4
    6.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Tidane signal.ex4
    6.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Tidane trend.ex4
    6.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Tidanefx.ex4
    4.3 KB · Views: 3

maximo

Hi Saxon,

This looks like a good one.

Any Idea of how it operates in regard to multi-trades, like does it 'average down' trades going against it, or does it start new trades in a new trend direction 'hedge' to close a profit?

saxon

Hi Saxon,

This looks like a good one.

Any Idea of how it operates in regard to multi-trades, like does it 'average down' trades going against it, or does it start new trades in a new trend direction 'hedge' to close a profit?

Well I have coded the EA as follows:

It enters a trade when all tidane entry signals agree, and there is an MA cross in the direction of the tidane signals.

It closes a trade when any of these happens:

• A Take profit or Hidden Take profit is hit
  • A Stop loss or Hidden Stop loss is hit
  • Trailing stop is hit, hidden trailing loss is hit
  • Tidane Exit generate a signal in the opposite direction of current open trades
If there are multiple trades open in one direction, a signal in the opposite direction will close all open trades before a new trade in the opposite direction is opened (This happens when "oppositeclose" is set to true)

More often than not, the Tidane Exit or a Take Profit hit will close trades.

grood

Any recommendations for settings?

EURUSD M15 does not look good (99%, 2010-2011)

Attachments

• TesterGraph.jpg
    TesterGraph.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 0

maximo

Try H1 and settings from this report :D

Attachments

• StrategyTester Tidane Trend EA EU H1.jpg
    StrategyTester Tidane Trend EA EU H1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1

grood

Thanks maximo.

I'm using TidaneEA1.00.ex4 from #1 , it has parameters like TrendLength, TrendDeviation, which I can not see in your report?

maximo

Someone added the word 'Trend' to those parameters. Here they are from the report.

length=9; deviation=2

length2=41; deviation2=2

saxon

Someone added the word 'Trend' to those parameters. Here they are from the report.

length=9; deviation=2

length2=41; deviation2=2
I added the word Trend to them, as they are the parameters specifically for the Tidane Trend indicator :)

Good work on the settings!:eek::D

grood

I don't know that I am doing wrong here.. :( Backtest from 2010.

Attachments

• tidane.jpg
    tidane.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 0

maximo

Can you paste the settings from your backtest?

May be we can check to see any difference,
they are too small to see on that pic.

grood

I attached the settings file I used in the backtest. Strange, picture was quite big, I think this forum resizes them :(

maximo

Hi,

There are atr settings and special lot settings in the other one. Perhaps they make a difference. Back to testing.

taju12

taju12 asked me to recode an EA for him to include hidden SL, hidden TP and reverse signalss.

I added all the usual bells and whistles like martingale and trailing stops.

Worked out quite nicely :)

Everyone test and see if you can find profitable settings.
HELLO SAXON,
Thanks for your work on this EA, and every one that is contributing in any way, first you have really simplified the EA from what it used to be, BUT with a missing function which I have already mailed you about awaiting your response, The main Idea here is the reverse function take a look at the graphs of the following backtests i did and i told myself WHAT IF THESE SIGNALS ARE TAKEN IN REVERSE ORDER? I started using an account copier with a measure of success but i discover i do loose some pips due to spread like trading on double spread, so i set out to make the EA do it alone,we are going some where but not there yet.

Attachments

• EU 1M.jpg
    EU 1M.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 0
  • EU MM 15M.jpg
    EU MM 15M.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 0
  • reverse 15m.jpg
    reverse 15m.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 0

Aurix Exchange