Aurix Exchange

Could this SuperEA for real trading?

edatw

Dear All;

Many thanks for kind sharing from nice friends.

I found a EA modifed as the SuperEA_v2011.06 for backtesting. It suprises me very much. Forward trading is under going. When the result is carried out, it will be reported to you as soon as possible.

Backtest is at hxxp://www.multiupload.c@m/S08H64721I (EurUsd, GbpUsd, UsdChf M5, same setting for Year 2010)

Forward Demo Trading is at hxxp://superea01.mt4stats.c@m/

Attachments

• EurUsd-2010.jpg
    EurUsd-2010.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 1
  • GbpUsd-2010.jpg
    GbpUsd-2010.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 1
  • UsdChf-2010.jpg
    UsdChf-2010.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 0

Tinojazz

Professional Trader Since 2007
VIP Member
I saw your tester results, i think its opening scalp orders around important fibonacci leveles, 50,61.8 , 76.4 etc...
stop loss is fixed 120 pips without some trailing, and targets are using trailing stop after 2 or 3 pips in profit.
The idea is good becouse in that levels usualy price rotating always more time, but what i will dissapoint you is that on strategy tester even 99% modeling quality, candlles are mooving different then live. So with trailing stop at 2-3 pips you cant get that results in live, not even close. In tester candlles are mooving straight per every candlle from high to low or from low to high with no pip reversals.
BTW you can add My Fx book, or give us investor pasword if you want to adversting and sell your product, if realy is good then i will be first what will buy your EA.

Regards.

Capella

VIP Member
Looking at the backtests, most orders are opened and closed within 1 minute. This is called intra-minute tic-scalping and works very well on demo-accounts with low spread. I've created such EA's myself and was amazed of the results.

Now the problem: Backtests, Demo-accounts and Live-accounts behave very differently. It's never possible to get as good performance on a live-account as on a demo-account. And running on demo-accounts always shows a better result than backtests. The reason is simple. The spread are wider on live accounts than on demo-accounts, although the tic-data usually is the same. Backtests with MT4 StrategyTester does not contain real tic-data, only M1 data, so the tic-data in-between are fabricated within the High and Low for that bar. This makes it especially hard to backtesting tic-scalpers. I would say that it's pointless. Get the 99% tic-data from Ducascopy or better, set up a demo-account and let us see how the EA behaves.

lerxst

Why don't you just cut to the chase and tell us whether you want to sell it or other arrangements? You've posted this same backtest results with "testing" purposes on other forums as well. So come on, we're all adults here, just come straight.

Tk2000

Looking at the backtests, most orders are opened and closed within 1 minute. This is called intra-minute tic-scalping and works very well on demo-accounts with low spread. I've created such EA's myself and was amazed of the results.

Now the problem: Backtests, Demo-accounts and Live-accounts behave very differently. It's never possible to get as good performance on a live-account as on a demo-account. And running on demo-accounts always shows a better result than backtests. The reason is simple. The spread are wider on live accounts than on demo-accounts, although the tic-data usually is the same. Backtests with MT4 StrategyTester does not contain real tic-data, only M1 data, so the tic-data in-between are fabricated within the High and Low for that bar. This makes it especially hard to backtesting tic-scalpers. I would say that it's pointless. Get the 99% tic-data from Ducascopy or better, set up a demo-account and let us see how the EA behaves.
Thanks. good post .

Aurix Exchange