Decoding The Book of Revelation

HWSteele

I have looked around the internet more than once to see if I could find people who are decoding (or have decoded) the last book in the Bible, Revelation.

I have never found what I was looking for.

Many, many people have "decoded" the book and unfortunately gotten it VERY wrong.
Mostly Christians who look at it one dimensionally (two if really lucky) and believe that they have been given the keys to the secrets within. The problem is they try and fit what they see and read into their religious paradigm. For the most part they simply repeat what they have heard before some place else.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not think I am putting Christians down, I am not. They simply have not taken the next step (for the most part) to understanding God and His laws.

In studying and discussing Revelation in this thread I would like to (do what most religious people would think is a big time sin I do believe) keep religion out.
That's not to say that if you have and idea or opinion that has come from a religious point of view you shouldn't express it. I simply mean no preaching or putting anyone down because they do not share your point of view.
You are more than welcome to your personal point of view, and please share it after all that is part of the reason for this thread, just don't slap people over the head with it.

I have discovered many things in this book that have opened up so much more in the Bible and also Cyclically speaking.

My hope for this thread is that people will give me their opinions about parts (if not all over time) of Revelation.
I would like to accomplish this in a systematic way.
Also, I would like to control and guide the discussion to keep things in a "systematic" and organized layout.

The method that I would like to use (to start with at least) is as follows:
I will write out a part of the book.
Then ask questions about it.
People will (hopefully) give their opinions and ideas.
We can discuss and explain our ideas.
Then I will distill it down in a post and enter the basic ideas into a spread sheet.
Then upload it every so often.

Please remember that if you have an idea or belief or understanding however large or small (please keep it on subject of the current part of Revelation being talked about or what we have already talked about as I'm sure over time new people will add to the discussion) please, please, please share it!

I think that about covers it.
I truly hope more than just myself will contribute to this thread and do so in a respectful and constructive manner.

Henry

swandro

This is a fantastic idea. Gann exhorted us to study the Bible and I know that serious Gann researchers agree with him from their own findings. As you have started the thread in the Gann / Astro section, I am guessing / hoping that these are the areas you will be referencing within Revelation.

HWSteele

This is a fantastic idea. Gann exhorted us to study the Bible and I know that serious Gann researchers agree with him from their own findings. As you have started the thread in the Gann / Astro section, I am guessing / hoping that these are the areas you will be referencing within Revelation.
Well we will have to see what we find. ;)

HWSteele

First question: Which book of revelation are you going to use?
:D
Well, the one at the end of the Bible :rolleyes:

As I don't want to go as deep as the original Greek I do believe that the King James version will be the go to translation for now.

After doing some looking on my own over time I believe the translators of the time (King James Era) knew what was in the Bible (codes) and did a little more justice to them than the modern translators.

feaw

Great stuff

Im not a bible expert, so happy to be corrected or edited, but i think the most popular translations of the that time were, Cloverdale Bible (circa 1535), Tyndale (circa 1537) , Great Bible (circa 1540), Geneva (circa 1560), King James (circa 1611)

I agree with using the King James version.

Of course even this can be a little 'befuddling' (is that a word ?) As some of the newer version do have some words changed. But i think most KJV Bible 20 years or older should be ok.

I've attached a page from the KJV Bible (one of the older versions ... possible the actual 1611 version ..) - its interesting to note the Bible contained all the months Moon rise and set times, as well as Sun signs, and other astro phenomena

You must be registered for see images attach

anyway good stuff Henry

feaw

Ha ok

Im feeling a little bad already.

Sorry Henry

Ive already moved off topic - From Book of Revelations to the Bible in general.

oops

apologies.

vrahos

How cool. My new favorite topic on the internet.

People think that there is just one uniform bible, wrong! There are many different bibles and many different translations of those different bibles.
During the dark ages the catholics would not allow you to read or own a bible, you could also not interpret the bible so they came up with a book on how to interpret the bible.
Anyway, a bit off topic but here are the main differences described for one who is interested:

HWSteele

Great stuff

Im not a bible expert, so happy to be corrected or edited, but i think the most popular translations of the that time were, Cloverdale Bible (circa 1535), Tyndale (circa 1537) , Great Bible (circa 1540), Geneva (circa 1560), King James (circa 1611)

I agree with using the King James version.

Of course even this can be a little 'befuddling' (is that a word ?) As some of the newer version do have some words changed. But i think most KJV Bible 20 years or older should be ok.

I've attached a page from the KJV Bible (one of the older versions ... possible the actual 1611 version ..) - its interesting to note the Bible contained all the months Moon rise and set times, as well as Sun signs, and other astro phenomena

You must be registered for see images attach

anyway good stuff Henry
Ha ok

Im feeling a little bad already.

Sorry Henry

Ive already moved off topic - From Book of Revelations to the Bible in general.

oops

apologies.
That is a cool piece of information in that picture from the Bible there.
Shows that they gave more importance to things of a "Heavenly" nature back then.
Many of the codes that are found in the Bible can also be found in Shakespeare's works also. He was around at that same time, I find that interesting.

Moved off topic already, WELL!

That's ok.
I'm glad to see people who are at least somewhat as interested in the subject as I.

feaw

Hi Vrahos

can you explain more on this ....

.... catholics would not allow you to read or own a bible, you could also not interpret the bible so they came up with a book on how to interpret the bible.
Im particularly curious what you meant by " so they came up with a book on how to interpret the bible"

and thanks for wiki url ....

vrahos

I was referring to the catechism;

No offense, I am a catholic myself, although more of a free catholic. But that doesn't mean I cant be critical. ;)

Yes Henry, all the world is a stage....
If people only knew how many people utilized astrology back then. Nostradamus, Isaac Newton, Galileo, Kings and Queens, etc.
Anyway, very interesting all this.

vrahos

I was referring to the catechism;

No offense, I am a catholic myself, although more of a free catholic. But that doesn't mean I cant be critical. ;)

Yes Henry, all the world is a stage....
If people only knew how many people utilized astrology back then. Nostradamus, Isaac Newton, Galileo, Kings and Queens, etc.
Anyway, very interesting all this.

HWSteele

Ok, this will be the first post with part of Revelation...

Revelation 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Here are the first three verses from the first chapter of Revelation KJV.

Does any one have any understandings, observations, or revelations that they would like to share about these three verses?

I will wait for "a time" :D for any one who wishes to add their thoughts before I give my take on this, so far.

Henry

luigi

My number head only sees "3"-three paragraphs and Johns purpose seems to have three aspects....his receiving God´s word,his witnessing and the way I understand it his "distribution" of the word.

HWSteele

My number head only sees "3"-three paragraphs and Johns purpose seems to have three aspects....his receiving God´s word,his witnessing and the way I understand it his "distribution" of the word.
Very interesting...

Any one else?

vrahos

St. John the author of this book seems to be related to John the apostle the author of the Gospel of John. However scholars do argue that the book was written too late for them being the same person as the book of revelation was dates at 95 AD.
Initially the book was not part of the collection of books to which we now refer to as "the Bible". There was heavy resistance and it did not become part of the accepted scriptures until the decree in 397 AD (Anno Domini) at the council of Carthage.

St John was on the island of Patmos, now a part of Greece, where he was sent by the Romans for punishment for preaching the word of Christ. Mythology has it that Patmos was at the bottom of the sea where Zeus emerged the island from the waters and the sun gave it life. Its original name was Letois after the goddess Artemis. Her roman equivalent is Diana and she was the goddess of the hunt, wild animals, wilderness, childbirth and virginity. The deer was sacred to her. Her hunting companion was Orion.
Zeus is in astrology connected with Jupiter. Artemis is connected with the waxing crescent moon. She brings fresh starts, growth and good fortune amongst other things.

The first 2 sentences are an introduction. John received this revelation from Jesus Christ and he blesses the reader, the first of 7 blessings.
For this reason people love to read this book because it is the only book that promises a blessing to the reader. The end also has a stern warning for those who misuse it and that is probably why so few people try to explain this book for what it really is in fear of being "doomed".

John mentions time and a revelation. A revelation we will see that is of an astrological nature. Time has to do with a cycle or cycles.
In the old days astrology was considered science in the 1400's differentiation began between astrology and astronomy and by 17c astrology was limited to influences of the starts and their effect on human destiny. Before that astrologers were also astronomers and math and philosophy were always involved as with Plato, Socrates, Pythagoras, Archimedes etc. all astrologers and astronomers.

So far my contribution for these first 3 verses.

feaw

Hello

Just thought id mention there will be some lag with some of my replies (if i have any) - as I sleep while many of you are up. (geographical reasons)

anyway

1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Focusing on key words "The Revelation", "things which must shortly come to pass" and "signified it by his angel" - I take this to suggest a scenario simialar to someone sitting down infront of an astro chart, and forecasting things to come in the short term, based on the use of angles (angel).
The part i cant resolve is the use of 'Jesus Christ', 'God' and 'servant John'. I wonder if they are orbs (planets)

So that loosely translated it would read
1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ (Planet or perhaps an age / epoch) , which God (the reading of an astro chart - signs in heaven) gave unto him, to shew unto his servants (reading) things which must shortly come (forecast) to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel (angles) unto his servant John (hmm an astrologer ?)

2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
'Who bare' if linked back to John, may support that he is the astrologer who gives his opinion on the reading.

3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.
"Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy" - i take this to mean that to be blessed means you will take note of the forecast. It separates the people who do not. So really being blessed means someone accepts the astro reading, and takes advantage of the knowing what the future forecast is. Whilst others dont take advantage of this knowing. So they arent blessed, and suffer (loss of money / food / property / war etc)

Just my thoughts on those opening three paragraphs.

vrahos

Very good fauw I think.
Jesus can be taken for the planet Uranus 7x12=84 years.
God in this case can be God the God of the universe in which all exists or simply the zodiak. As uranus traces around the zodiak things come to unfold. I don't want to get ahead of what is written in these first 3 verses but later on you see that this actually the case.
The angels could be a good aspect and John the astrologer, I agree.
Furthermore we need to know that revelation is actually a place on earth. John if an apostle also represents a zodiak sign and the book of revelation explains where exactly these wars are going to take place. Finally, it speaks of the end of the age of pisces and the new age of aquarius, ruled by Uranus, or Jesus Christ.

BlackStack

I don't think you will get the true meaning without referring to the greek version. Much of the bible has been rewritten to suit the goals of religion, and those that run the religion.

HWSteele

Wow, that was interesting!

I just started to type a response and it jumped to the go advanced screen.

Well, I was going to say...

I believe for the time being that I will post a few verses in the morning (where I live) and then we can discuss it for the rest of the day. (24 hours)

If we need more time, as things could get deep at times, then I will wait to post the next verses.

I will also, post them in red so we can easily see that post as a reference point.

If this sounds good to all let me know, or just a simple click on the like/thanks button will work.