Decoding The Book of Revelation

feaw

Well fine .....

just google it. ha.

I had 2 pics side by side showing the typical Vitruvian man - one by Robert Fludd, the other by DaVinci

HWSteele

King James Version

Revelation 4

6 And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.

7 And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was like a flying eagle.

8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

9 And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to him that sat on the throne, who liveth for ever and ever,

10 The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the throne, and worship him that liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Here is the rest of the fourth chapter.

As the saying goes in the maintenance world...
"Let's knock the rust off the gears and get things going again."

At the time my thoughts about the verses in the second half of the fourth chapter were along the following lines:

Verses six and seven seemed to be speaking of the so called fixed signs of Leo, Taurus, Aquarius, and Scorpio.

Verse 8 seemed to indicate 1/4 of the twenty four elders/seats.
At this point I was not sure if the 24 were 15 degree segments of the Zodiac or celestial sphere, or something else. So I looked at some other translations.

After reading the Amplified Version of the verses I came to the following conclusion...

That the four beast were indeed the four fixed signs. Also that the eyes gave the ability to foresee the future by looking at the past.
The twenty four was a reference to the number of hours in a day.
The four beasts seemed to "own" six of the twenty four hours each.

So that was my understanding at the time.

HWSteele

King James Version

Revelation 5

And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

The first 5 verses of the Fifth Chapter of Revelation

codemt4ku

Im not a bible expert, so happy to be corrected or edited, but i think the most popular translations of the that time were, Cloverdale Bible (circa 1535), Tyndale (circa 1537) , Great Bible (circa 1540), Geneva (circa 1560), King James (circa 1611)

I agree with using the King James version

vrahos

Henry I was reading up on the zodiac and the fixed signs and how they came about.
I read a book on christian hermetics that explained that the Chaldeans were keepers of thousands of years of planetary movements
against the fixed background of the stars. However, there was no zodiac defined at least not as we know it.
The first one to define a zodiac was in fact Zoroaster. Zoroaster recognized 4 important stars:
Formalhaut, Regulus, Antares and Alerbaran.
He placed Formalhaut in the sidereal zodiac at 15 degrees Aquarius.
On the tropical zodiac Formalhaut is now at 4 degrees Pisces.
Later Ptolemy redefined that and currently we are using the definition of Bayer.

The stars signify the 4 fixed signs, Aquarius, Leo, the Eagle (Scorpio) and Taurus the bull.

It is important to know that St John was a follower of Zoroaster, and take this with you in your analysis.
Also the 3 wise men or kings were believed to come from Zoroaster.
They followed the wisdom of Hermes the great great great (trismegistus)
Who in turn was believed to be the reincarnation of Toth.

Important to know also is that one of the items the 3 wise men brought was gold.
You see John write about that. Gold is the symbol of eternity, immortality which comes from the earth or Gaia.

Later this knowledge was tought to Pythagoras. Pythagoras was a great master who knew about astrology and nummerology.
He derived his scientific theories from the Chaldeans, Egyptians, Babyloneans and Chinese.
Hermes the great is symbolic for Mercury, St John identifies himself with Mercury to show that he belongs to the Hermetic way and the teachings of Zoroaster.

Anyway, thought it would be interesting to know.

HWSteele

King James Version

Revelation 5

And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.

2 And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy to open the book, and to loose the seals thereof?

3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon.

4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.

5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

The first 5 verses of the Fifth Chapter of Revelation

Have to make this one faster as my sweetie is getting the orange chicken ready for us :D

When I read the first verse of chapter five I started thinking that maybe the one sitting on the throne was Cepheus.
Was not sure about this but after studying my star map I was starting to think that maybe the whole little/big dipper thing was off.

Verse 2 seemed to indicate a strong planet to me at first.
The more a thought about it though I started to think in another direction. The constellation Hercules it right on the other side of the Little Dipper from Cepheus.
Another one of the mental notes, yeah.

Verse 3 basically gave me the idea that opening the book was hard.
Then I started to wonder why it said man, "no man in heaven..."
I found this interesting but didn't make any firm guesses about it at this point. I figured that I would read on and see if this became more clear.

Verse 4:
I wondered if the weeping in verse four by John was really Mercury going retrograde. I remember reading some place that when "coded" works such as the Bible, speak of weeping in mean retrograde motion.
Having never proven that to my self I made another mental note.

Verse 5 seemed to maybe say, that Mercury could have stopped and returned to direct motion.

verse 5 to be continued next time...

HWSteele

King James Version

Revelation 5

6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Part 2 of the fifth chapter of the book of Revelation.
Thoughts, ideas, guesses?
Any Revelations? :confused:

vrahos

King James Version

Revelation 5

6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

8 And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

The book is with Leo. I take the book to be the zodiak with the 7 planets to be seals.
Then Aries stands up and takes the book, I read that to be rulership of some sort over the zodiak. Being the first sign of the zodiak in fact.

vrahos

King James Version

Revelation 5

The book is with Leo. I take the book to be the zodiak with the 7 planets to be seals.
Then Aries stands up and takes the book, I read that to be rulership of some sort over the zodiak. Being the first sign of the zodiak in fact.

david377

Sorry to be slightly off topic, you know about the subject a lot more than I do. I just wanted to mention that the word EZE+KIEL numerologically is: 585+2953

HWSteele

King James Version

Revelation 5

Verse 5:
Accepting that weeping really does mean retrograde motion, verse 5 seems to be saying that Mercury went retrograde and than at a specific hour of the Zodiac had its 2nd station.
Now looking at the second part of the fifth verse indicated to me that Leo was the first of seven signs. It was either the first (number 1) or the starting point (number 0) and Cancer was the first with a seal.
At this point I was leaning toward the latter.
Gann speaks of THE SEVEN ZONES OF ACTIVITY.
If you truly understand what he is speaking about then you will understand why I came to the above conclusion about the book with seven seals.
Keep in mind that when the book of Revelation was written that they did not have books. They had scrolls.

Verse 6:
Before I start talking about the verse I need to explain just a bit of back ground.
Gann's SEVEN ZONES OF ACTIVITY are in reference to his master time factor. It is not my intention to explain what that really is, but to simply explain that the idea of the seven seals and zones stretches into The Great Time Factor, or the procession of the equinox.
Understanding this before a "deep" reading of the book of Revelation helped me see it this way. As always, it doesn't mean it's the only way to understand these verses but it was my understanding of them.

Now it is really not that hard to come to the understanding that the lamb is Aries. Having been slain I understood as the ending of that Age.
The whole idea of Jesus dying on the cross as the Lamb of God is the idea of the end of the Age of Aries. (Well not the whole idea, but you get the picture.)
The seven spirits seemed to me to be the seven planets.

Verse 7:
Aries is right under Cepheus so this would be a possible indication of Cepheus being "him that sat upon the throne". I did find it interesting that no one was given a capital letter in verse seven.

Verse 8: Indicates Aries has a place of honor among the 24 hours and the four beasts or fixed signs.

HWSteele

King James Version

Revelation 5

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;

12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever.

Here is the third and last part of the fifth chapter of Revelation.

vrahos

He seems to be describing a horoscope with the 4 fixed signs or maybe MC, IC, Asc Desc and the way it moves over 24 hours, a motion that will continue forever. It describes angles that are being made and the lamb or aries is the start and end of the cycle.

vrahos

Jfk

Jfk

Something else.
Yesterday was 50 years ago since the horrible shooting of JFK.
I managed to get his horoscope at the day of the shooting.
JFK had his natal sun in the 8th house. Often these natives see a promising life terminated early. He had a triple conjunction in the 8th house as well, jupiter, mercury, mars square to uranus. Pointing at a sudden big event related to death. At the day of the shooting mars conjunct venus was inconjunct to this aspect.
Also note the big mundane saturn-neptune square which tells the story behind the assasination. Neptune always involves schemes and plots.

I thought a nice variation to this topic for people who are interested in astrology. There is much more to tell for instance about people with the sun in 8th, it seems he lived his live for this purpose. JFK is a well studied horoscope it has so many "aspects", pun intended.
You must be registered for see images attach