one to one coaching

EMA CROSS TREND indicator

checkmail

Hello friends this is checkmail and am looking for an EMA cross line/trend indicator.If anybody have it share it here please.

The idea is to get an single MA line/trend line which changes its color based on two ema/sma cross.

Its just similar to our EMA cross indicator which displays only arrows, and alerts, two ema/sma cross each other and trend is changed.

Its just like our regular trendline, do anybody have it.:)

checkmail

MA in color

MA in color

Hello friends this is checkmail and am looking for an EMA cross line/trend indicator.If anybody have it share it here please.

The idea is to get an single MA line/trend line which changes its color based on two ema/sma cross.

Its just similar to our EMA cross indicator which displays only arrows, and alerts, two ema/sma cross each other and trend is changed.

Its just like our regular trendline, do anybody have it.:)
Hello friends this is checkmail and on seaching some more got this ma in color indicator but it is having an bug in it.

Can anyone remove the bug from it.

Here is the code :

#property copyright ""
#property link ""

#property indicator_chart_window

#property indicator_buffers 3
#property indicator_color1 Green
#property indicator_color2 Red
#property indicator_color3 Yellow

extern int PeriodAv=12;
extern int PeriodAv1=24;
extern int Flat=1;
extern color ColorUp=Green;
extern color ColorDown=Red;
extern color ColorFlat=Yellow;
extern int Width=2;

double Line1[], Line2[], Line3[];
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Custom indicator initialization function |
int init()
{
//---- indicators
SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_LINE,STYLE_SOLID,Width,ColorUp);//DRAW_LINE
SetIndexBuffer(0,Line1);
SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_LINE,STYLE_SOLID,Width,ColorDown);
SetIndexBuffer(1,Line2);
SetIndexStyle(2,DRAW_LINE,STYLE_SOLID,Width,ColorFlat);//DRAW_LINE
SetIndexBuffer(2,Line3);
//----
return(0);
}
//| Custom indicator deinitialization function |
int deinit()
{
//----

//----
return(0);
}
//| Custom indicator iteration function |
int start()
{
//----
int i, Counted_bars=IndicatorCounted();

i=Bars-Counted_bars-1;

while(i>=0)
{
double MA_0=iMA(NULL,0,PeriodAv,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i),
MA_2=iMA(NULL,0,PeriodAv1,0,MODE_EMA,PRICE_CLOSE,i+1);

if(MA_0>MA_2) Line1=MA_0;
else
if(MA_0<MA_2) Line2=MA_0;
else if(MA_0==MA_2)
Line3=MA_0;
i--;
}
//----
return(0);
}

StaticX

Hi checkmail,

If you are just wanting a basic coloured MA then use the one I have attached.

For MAOptions you have a choice of:
0: SMA
1: EMA
2: SMMA
3: LWMA
4: LSMA
5: TMA
6: SINEWMA
7: VolumeWMA
8: Hma
9: NonLagMa

The indicator will also alert you if you need when the trend changes...

PS: I have also attached a histo version of the same indicator, both are identical in output, just visually different on the chart, that's all.

Cheers
StaticX

Attachments

stovedude

Checkmail, the first is your version fixed, and the second is the original indicator.

I think we are having trouble understanding what you are asking for. From some of your explanations, it seems that you are describing the MACD indy, which of course displays the 2 MA crossing (at the 0 line). The only difference is that most MACD's will not let you combine 2 different MA types (like EMA with SMA, etc.) Then again, you are also asking about trend lines, which are not based on MA's. Are you talking about trendlines calculated from the MA line curves? Can you please elaborate some more? Thx.

Attachments

checkmail

Simple line based on two ma cross

Simple line based on two ma cross

Checkmail, the first is your version fixed, and the second is the original indicator.

I think we are having trouble understanding what you are asking for. From some of your explanations, it seems that you are describing the MACD indy, which of course displays the 2 MA crossing (at the 0 line). The only difference is that most MACD's will not let you combine 2 different MA types (like EMA with SMA, etc.) Then again, you are also asking about trend lines, which are not based on MA's. Are you talking about trendlines calculated from the MA line curves? Can you please elaborate some more? Thx.
Hello stovedude this is checkmail and thanks for your attention, but am looking for an line on charts like MA line, which changes color when two ema cross each other up-down.

The logic is simple here, just like the EMACROSS indicator which draws arrows on intersection by two ema, i just want it to change the color of the line.

Means instead of arrows would like the line to change color on charts.

Hope you get mine logic.:)

checkmail

Trendline based on MA calculations

Trendline based on MA calculations

Hi checkmail,

If you are just wanting a basic coloured MA then use the one I have attached.

For MAOptions you have a choice of:
0: SMA
1: EMA
2: SMMA
3: LWMA
4: LSMA
5: TMA
6: SINEWMA
7: VolumeWMA
8: Hma
9: NonLagMa

The indicator will also alert you if you need when the trend changes...

PS: I have also attached a histo version of the same indicator, both are identical in output, just visually different on the chart, that's all.

Cheers
StaticX
Hello StaticX this is checkmail and want an simple line on chart that changes color on two ema cross, same as described by stovedude an trendline based on ema calculations.
Means trendline is suppose to change color when two ema cross occurs.

checkmail

You got mine point

You got mine point

Hello stovedude you are correct am looking for an trendline based on ema calculations, want an trendline on charts to change color on ema cross occurance.

stovedude

I can build you one that will take the average of both indicators = (MA1+MA2)/2 and then color it according to the trend direction. In other words, it will be going down and still be a buy until the MA's cross, then it will be a sell, and vice-versa. The new line will be in the middle of the two. I also have an MA Ribbon indy that will paint between the two.

checkmail

Appreciate your efforts

Appreciate your efforts

I can build you one that will take the average of both indicators = (MA1+MA2)/2 and then color it according to the trend direction. In other words, it will be going down and still be a buy until the MA's cross, then it will be a sell, and vice-versa. The new line will be in the middle of the two. I also have an MA Ribbon indy that will paint between the two.
Hello stovedude this is checkmail and thanks for your interest towards the indicator, go ahead to build it, as just require an simple line changing colors on cross, as disappeared line really creates some problems while reading, else there are two lines displayed in green and red, but missing connect while ma1 and ma2 are equal.

In the color ma indicator the cross is fine but due to lack in its contunity its looking weird and difficult to read.

Thanks in advance for the favour.:)

StaticX

Thanks Marcus, I only had v2 of this indicator. It looks really interresting.
Where on earth did you find V3?

Cheers
StaticX

StaticX

O wait... Sidus, gave up on all MA crossovers... aparantly the Forex Angel descended down from the Forex Heavens and revealed unto him the truth....

The Forex Angel said "Price is King, and f$%ck everything else" :)

I must admit, lately I am begining to start beleiving this myself. (Maybe it's one of those 10 stages of a forex development, with stages 1-5 being the search for the ultimate indicator, stage 6 denial that indicator not working like it suppose to, stage 7 considering making a deal with the devil, stage 8 considering if BlackJack could be more profitable, stage 9 Learn Price action,
and finally stage 10 - Actually realizing that Price action is the ultimate indicator and that you have waisted years and $ in persuing the ultimate indicator.

Wonder if it would be beneficial to actually start a thread here and see if this mysterious thing called Price Action with no custom indies besides the standard (Fibos, hand drawn trend lines and hand drawn support and resistance lines is worth finally embracing)

(I've completed most courses on PA, from the new Hector DeVille stuff to Nials Fuller.. but the inner geek in me keeps saying that indicators are good... then again I am a developer and technical coding to solve a problem is always my strongest emotion, guess it's time to curb that emotion)

-StaticX

checkmail

Thanks for the Indicator

Thanks for the Indicator

Is this what you're asking for?
You must be registered for see images
Hello stovedude this is checkmail and the indicator functions as was imagined by me, thanks for your help in coding.Really appreciate your efforts, keep on with your form.Mine wishes with you, good luck.:)

Price Action is the way

Price Action is the way

Static,

I give up all systems, I look at them time to time, but ever since I learn S, R, and Price Action. For the first time my account is growing 50% to 100% a month at 2$ risk. I Love it!!

Have The Best Day Ever
Shark Motor

O wait... Sidus, gave up on all MA crossovers... aparantly the Forex Angel descended down from the Forex Heavens and revealed unto him the truth....

The Forex Angel said "Price is King, and f$%ck everything else" :)

I must admit, lately I am begining to start beleiving this myself. (Maybe it's one of those 10 stages of a forex development, with stages 1-5 being the search for the ultimate indicator, stage 6 denial that indicator not working like it suppose to, stage 7 considering making a deal with the devil, stage 8 considering if BlackJack could be more profitable, stage 9 Learn Price action,
and finally stage 10 - Actually realizing that Price action is the ultimate indicator and that you have waisted years and $ in persuing the ultimate indicator.

Wonder if it would be beneficial to actually start a thread here and see if this mysterious thing called Price Action with no custom indies besides the standard (Fibos, hand drawn trend lines and hand drawn support and resistance lines is worth finally embracing)

(I've completed most courses on PA, from the new Hector DeVille stuff to Nials Fuller.. but the inner geek in me keeps saying that indicators are good... then again I am a developer and technical coding to solve a problem is always my strongest emotion, guess it's time to curb that emotion)

-StaticX

fc29

Price Action is the way

Price Action is the way

Hello and thanks Sharkmotor,

I would like also to learn more about S, R and price action. I understand that S & R could be pivots, fibonacci..., others?. But price action where can I learn?

Thanks in advance,

Fc29

Static and Shark, I have to agree with Price Action and S/R trading. I've been lately only using a great S/R indicator that I grabbed from this great forum (AXN). I've been following it's Long/Short entry signals, adding 10 pips to the recommended Stop Loss and subtracting 10 pips from the recommended Take Profit. I combined this with the SRS method of closing 80% when half of the risk is achieved, and letting the other 2% run until TP is hit or it just breaks even. I've found that it gets me into a trade 20-40 pips before Rebellion would give me a late entry point and I'm already out in profit. Totally emotion free, and avoids all those false late signals from other systems.

sreesimha

Hi Infomattik( your name syncs with astrex and obelix lol)

What TF are you using for the ccn Indi please? and your percentage success if I may ask.

thanks,

Sree.

using 30min and 1HR, probably about 75% or better. The markets usally range withing the numbers the indi gives...But like any system, it has it's losses too.

Price action

Price action

Hello,
When you learn Price action, all those system become easier to understand. You'll start to understand why did that indy say to buy but price action say sell because Price hit the R line three times!!!!

This is the best price action Ebook I've come across

There is more on Price Action in
HTML:
http://www.worldwide-invest.org/trading-systems-strategies/824-req-price-acti0n.html
Have The Best Day Ever
Shark Motor

osirisja

Hi All

I am also rapidly losing faith in indicators and am beginning, only beginning, to understand the meaning of price action! I am working my way through an excellent course - YTC Price Action Trader and it is absolutely eye opening. Trust me you will have a completely different outlook on trading, and not only that, you will want to pay the guy for the course! Get it here though :

Happy trading

Andy

Attn Sree

Attn Sree

Sree I got your PM, but for some reason it won't let me reply. I apologize that this is way off topic, but Sree asked me how I'm testing Support/Resistance trading using the ccn/axn Indicator.

Hey Sree, to be honest I'm still only testing this method. I've been using Rebellion mostly, but i'm not good at filtering out bad trades, and I noticed that most FR entry points are way late compared to what CCN would have recommended (ccn entries often would have been closed in profit by the time Rebellion signaled me). Test it on demo, I'm in no way saying that this is the way to go.

I like it because it cuts a lot of emotion out, and the market usually bounces off the support and resistance levels the indicator gives you. The way I trade it as of now, is I use the 15 minute chart (I was using 1HR but I like smaller stop loss and smaller TP's to get me out faster). CCN has small blue and red arrows at the bottom. Only set a pending order in the direction of that arrow. If it's red, set a pending sell order with the prices the indicator tells you (i.e. go short at 1.3510). I use the Support & Resistance numbers as stop loss and take profit. I add 10 pips to the stop loss, as price will often bounce off the support/resistance and then go back in the intended direction. I subtract 10 pips from my take profit for the same reason (the market usually is aware of the S/R levels so many times it won't go all the way, but usually goes within 10 pips of it).

To be even safer, I break even at half of the risk number that CCN gives. If the risk is 50, I close 80% of the trade at 25, and break the other 20% even, still with the same TP in place. Also, support and resistance numbers can change while the trade is open, so if necessary I adjust my SL or TP accordingly, moving with what the market is willing to give me.

I hope this makes sense! Again, I'm only testing this method but reaching at least the first target happens often. Once this happens the other 20% of my position is break even (free trade), and I wait for a blue arrow to catch moves going the other way.

I also use the Multi-Purpose trade management EA to break me even and close 80% at break even, so I can truly walk away from the computer and let fate have it's way.

Good luck! PS: I'm not a full time trader, I'm using mini lots on a very small live account balance. Hopefully my wins will outweigh my losses and one day make this my full-time job. Until then, just like you, I'm looking for a safe method of gaining pips.

As I'm typing this, my management EA just broke even and grabbed my partial profit, meanwhile Rebellion is telling me to wait for a buy signal, and CCN caught a nice sell move the other way.

Also What systems have worked for you, what's your favorite?

one to one coaching