Aurix Exchange

FishForexRobot Modified - Nice Equity Curve

forexweatherman

Hi Friends,

I modded this. Please note that if HolidaySafety=True, it will not trade during July and August. 99% quality backtests and .set file included.

Just started live trading.

Source:

Best Regards,

ForexWeatherman

forexweatherman

Using 99.9 % accuracy tick data in backtesting

Using 99.9 % accuracy tick data in backtesting

Hi Friends,

It is not the easiest thing to do, but if you are serious about backtesting as accurately as possible you'll want to use tick data.

It is very surprising to see results with the higher accuracy and you can save yourself a lot of money and stress by using it. It is worth the hassle.

Please see

forexweatherman

why do you think i'm not using tick data?
i set "every tick"

You can tell by the modeling quality in the strategy results. Choosing every tick without the actual tick data still lacks best accuracy. You need to download tick data from Dukascopy.

grood

quite strange. For me it stops backtesting after two trades. First trade comes in Oct 2010, and then a sudden stop (Dukascopy data).

Anyway, it increases lotsize after a loss by factor chosen, 4 in your settings. Does it also incease by 4x after another loss? Did not happend in backtest, but could happen in real life..

This might be an account killer then.

kookoo23

quite strange. For me it stops backtesting after two trades. First trade comes in Oct 2010, and then a sudden stop (Dukascopy data).

Anyway, it increases lotsize after a loss by factor chosen, 4 in your settings. Does it also increase by 4x after another loss? Did not happen in backtest, but could happen in real life..

I had tried this EA on a microcents account and it blew the account in just that way.

forexweatherman

Anyway, it increases lotsize after a loss by factor chosen, 4 in your settings. Does it also incease by 4x after another loss? Did not happend in backtest, but could happen in real life..

Might want to try on the unmodified version also to see if the same result (included with manual, no educated version needed) The time frame does not matter on this EA, so I have been using 1m time frame for testing. I have not seen large expoential martingale type trades in backtesting or in my live testing just yet. I am hoping with proper money management it will be profitable. What I like is that is using a unique strategy that I have not seen elsewhere.

lerxst

Hi forexweatherman,

Thanks for the modified EA share and the backtest as well. This EA was pretty good through 2010 in my backtest but a string of 2 losses recently in 2011 (2nd one on the 4X mode) killed roughly 50% of the account. With better trade management or lot size it might be good, but notice that the the stops is 200 which is too large for such a small target scalper.

Attachments

• StrategyTester.jpg
    StrategyTester.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 1

saambasp

hi forexweatherman,

thanks for the modified ea share and the backtest as well. This ea was pretty good through 2010 in my backtest but a string of 2 losses recently in 2011 (2nd one on the 4x mode) killed roughly 50% of the account. With better trade management or lot size it might be good, but notice that the the stops is 200 which is too large for such a small target scalper.

100 small wins = 1 big loss .
4x multiply is great to see in demo trading not for live trading.

forexweatherman

Hi forexweatherman,

Thanks for the modified EA share and the backtest as well. This EA was pretty good through 2010 in my backtest but a string of 2 losses recently in 2011 (2nd one on the 4X mode) killed roughly 50% of the account. With better trade management or lot size it might be good, but notice that the the stops is 200 which is too large for such a small target scalper.

Thanks, lerxst. I agree. I am now using the following .set file. I need to do more testing with smaller stop losses also.

ymxy

hi, weatherman, in your first post, you showed the tick data back test used M1 time frame, but in the set file you showed M15, which one I should use for the forward test? thanks.

forexweatherman

Time Frame

Time Frame

hi, weatherman, in your first post, you showed the tick data back test used M1 time frame, but in the set file you showed M15, which one I should use for the forward test? thanks.

Hi,

Either one is fine. It runs independent of timeframe.

H

hermes

I tested the last version of Fish and it lost a lot. I complained to Rita and she said to me that in the next version they will change the Martingale progression, but I don't know if they did?
Hermes

hatchsead

I tested the last version of Fish and it lost a lot. I complained to Rita and she said to me that in the next version they will change the Martingale progression, but I don't know if they did?
Hermes

Hermes, a little birdie told me that the Martingale has been taken out, would it be possible for you to get us the latest version now?

Its good to know that certain forex are doing good. And I am also happy that my chosen broker is also doing good. I have no problem using it because it has better features that suited my needs.
You must be registered for see images

Mongo1

Hello !
I'm looking for a way to remove the 10 lot stop on the progression of the mod. trade this robot makes after a loss. It will make the mod x's your rate up to 10 lots then it stops. Thanks!

Aurix Exchange