one to one coaching

Fool Proof

scali71

Here is my idea. Go to forex peace army and look at the systems they are testing. Do not look at the good ones, look at the bad ones. Lets take multi auto trader it has been testing for almost 24 weeks and has a weekly equity of almost -11%. Run this o your demo account and on yuor live account you open trades in the opposite direction. This seems pretty fool proof. Has anyone ever attempted this?

if you start with 1 k and make 11% a week and leave it there and let it compound and continue this for 52 weeks that 1k would be 204k. They have tested this system for almost half a year. At 26 weeks your acct would be 13k.

Platinum trader

This thought had crossed my mind

This thought had crossed my mind

Before I became profitable & after 4000 hours of study & testing countless indicators, trading systems & EA's, I had thought many times to try this!

I never attempted this so please let us know if this works!

On DEMO of course!

radicaltour

VIP Member
i don't want to rain on the parade, but there have been multiple attempts like this on other forums, but the result was never as good as we think.
There are many EAs that have a "Reverse" setting in which it will take the opposite trade. But people have experimented with it and it still doesn't show better performance. :-(

scali71

if you follow trade for trade and they lose 11% a week you will make 11% a week. The math seems simple to me

Trixi

Try it and post results here. I often thought the same "Find the worst EA and reverse him..." - I did some intents to misconfigure some EAs to burn my Demo-Accounts...but it as hard to loose always as to win...

My thought was the following: If 95 % people loose: Just reverse the loosers...or give it a try: Open 4 charts (EURUSD, GBPUSD, etc.) without any curves and diagrams...and let your kids or grandma decide to buy or to sell and see what happens :)...Random buying and selling without any plan, without any numbers.

I would very interested in a trial...to find the easiest way to loose. Maybe I will open a Demo at Zulutrade and add the worst signal provider...just to test it :p

techboy

Learn to manual trade successfully still the best way:

1. Proper education
2. Formulation or finding a reliable and battle tested trading strategy(one is enough)
3. Learn to consistently implement your trading rule, no ifs or buts.

Most traders focus on the potential income right away,instead of focus on step number 3. Emotions is the biggest obstacle to success, Otherwise one will never move on to the next level of their trading.

stovedude

I agree with RadicalTour and Techboy. You still have these problems: poor MM, incorrect SL and TP, and if you are manually trading, you have the added emotional human factor. I have never seen the reverse idea actually work to any profitable degree. You would have to reverse almost everything involved and still cross your fingers...

liloufx

I have done manual trading for some time

I have done manual trading for some time

but indeed I don't trust myself on the emotional side to let winner go long enough and cut the loss soon enough. That's why I turned to automatic trading (under control) to implement my strategy.
First I build my confidence in an EA with a lot of testing. On top of that I tend to think that we mainly work with probabilities. The right settings for MM, TP, SL, lot size, starting time, ... all comes down to find the right parameters for a strategy to have a success rate that allows to pay the spread of our brokers and then make some benefits. So For me simulation and testing is very important to make sure the odds are on my side. Live test cannot provide that knowledge. So I use strategy that I can backtest quite reliably.

techboy

but indeed I don't trust myself on the emotional side to let winner go long enough and cut the loss soon enough. That's why I turned to automatic trading (under control) to implement my strategy.
First I build my confidence in an EA with a lot of testing. On top of that I tend to think that we mainly work with probabilities. The right settings for MM, TP, SL, lot size, starting time, ... all comes down to find the right parameters for a strategy to have a success rate that allows to pay the spread of our brokers and then make some benefits. So For me simulation and testing is very important to make sure the odds are on my side. Live test cannot provide that knowledge. So I use strategy that I can backtest quite reliably.
Manual trading is difficult to achieve because by nature humans are governed by emotions, it's understandable that lots of traders turn their focus to EA's because it eliminate emotions, but the problem to this approach, it's hard to find profitable EA's and its take a lot of testing before it will be really profitable, plus the fact that some EA's perform well in demo, but fails in live trading.But its a matter really of choice in every trader what method they will use.

You can eliminate emotions in trading if you can be mechanical as much as you can, but again it depends on your personality. Focus and discipline is the key.

one to one coaching