Aurix Exchange

Forex Gambit

agrajag

Hi all,

Has anyone heard of a system proposed by Walter Downs in the June 2010 issue of TASC, called "Forex Gambit"? I read the article back in the summer and was intrigued by the huge successes it boasted - namely, turning a $300 account to well over $30k (in once case over $1 mill.) in about six months. Someone scanned in the article over at Forex Factory:

http://www.forexfactory.com/showthread.php?t=240958

Walter Downs has created an official site but it's in a closed beta at the moment. I've begun trading the system this past week using a daily timeframe, as suggested by the article. Four out of five successful trades, including one I have open right now.

The "secret" to the system is managing lot size - increasing the lot size as your account grows, and lowering size when suffering a loss, until you're able to increase again.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else here was familiar with the system and would care to share their thoughts.

StaticX

Sounds interesting agrajag, going to see if I can find a pdf copy of that issue to post it here for everyone (I cannot quite make out if the dude scanned or photographed those articles)

Cheers
StaticX

StaticX

I managed to find that article. Attached is the pdf of that article.

Cheers
StaticX

Attachments

• The Forex Gambit.PDF
    535.2 KB · Views: 1

Pipdaddy65

I managed to find that article. Attached is the pdf of that article.

Cheers
StaticX
StaticX,
I see that Fx Gambit got very little play here on the board. Any reason why? Was there
too much BS in it or did it in fact has a good basis to pursue.

Thanx...Pipdaddy65

Yeah I am interested in how this system played out too.
Bumping this....does anyone have the manual system. I have a couple of Ea's that were made from this system if anyone wants them let me know. One was done by Ronald Raygun, the other I got off of a russian forum. ;)

T-Wolf

Yeah I am interested in how this system played out too.
Bumping this....does anyone have the manual system. I have a couple of Ea's that were made from this system if anyone wants them let me know. One was done by Ronald Raygun, the other I got off of a russian forum. ;)
Hi Vinsonwade,

The PDF that StaticX posted describes how to trade the system manually. Hope that helps! ....T-Wolf

maximo

It's a good mechanical strategy.

The system works quite well on EU.

I haven't found any other pairs that

it works well on over 5 years, but not

changed the settings either.

Attachments

• ForexGambit_backtest.jpg
    ForexGambit_backtest.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1

Dr. House

So this meaning 84 Trades in 5 Years?

Well, Forex is not a get rich quick-system, but this is a little slow for me - including if this is working...

Aurix Exchange