forex rebellion

iqofgenius

Rebellion Secrets

Rebellion Secrets

Look at the Eur/Usd chart for today 1/20/11 and use the 5 and 8 settings onthe EMA crosses. You will notice that after the major move down it called for a long entry. All indicators concurred on this move however if you had done 1 hour S/R lines and run a Fib you would have seen major lines at the entry level which had to be considered. Use your own discretion and happy trading. This will make you many pips.

fscrp

Traders Dynamic Index. Check it out on CompassFX.com
Here it is just in case.
CompassFX has a bunch of free videos posted under the archives - here is one about the Traders Dynamic Index:

Code:
http://www.compassfx.com/video/flash/60910/60910.html

StaticX

Hi Guys,

Forex Rebellion is still one of my top favorite mechanical systems.
Iqofgenius addition of the TDI is a most welcome enhancement and it does help filter out a lot of bad trades.

I must offer a big thanks to Fscrp for providing us with those compassFX videos. Understanding the TDI is something I never quite understood, but after those videos I now know, and wow, what a powerful indicator!

And finally thanks to Marcuss for letting me know about the update to Forex Rebellion from "Forex Tool Shed" called "Rebellion Plus"
Code:
[URL="http://www.forextoolshed.com/rebel/rebel.htm"]Rebellion Plus[/URL]
This update offers a multi time frame aware Forex Rebellion. Creating a additional level of confidence.

When you add all these together you actually have a very impressive mechanical forex trading system.

I would highly recommend this system with its enhancements to any new comer to the world of forex trading!

Cheers
StaticX

kubo207

Hi,

for everybody using Rebellion I would recommend to try this add-on.

Jakub

Code:
http://www.forexnirvana.com/f60/forex-rebellion-1078/index57.html#post19516

greenpips

I purchased this Rebellion since it first came out but I don't use it anymore coz it gave a lot of false signals.

What time frames you guys use that FR give accurate readings?

StaticX

Hi Greenpips,

I use FR with the Rebellion Plus addon and the TDI. (I also remove the Rebellion Plus Stochastics.)

By default Rebellion plus is setup to trade the 15M timeframe with an alternative confirmation set to the 1H timeframe. (You can change this combonation in the RebellionPlus indicator.)

I find that it works quite well on the 1H timeframe with the alternate timeframe set to the 4H.

The TDI indicator provides an additional level of filtering to help with trades. I would definately advise watching the video that fscrp posted about the ABC's of the Traders Dynamic Index (very informative)

Cheers
StaticX

grood

StatiX, thanks for the hint. I used rebellion plus today in M15, together with TDI visual confirmation indicator - trades only if rebellion and TDI agreed in one direction. TDI seems to act as good additional filter.

I also confirmed some trades with Woodies CCI, but that's not necessary. In the end it's all the same, just a different way of presentation.

Anyway I made effortless and relaxed 30 pips (with some drawdowns in between, had 8 long trades in EURUSD only), no position management = 1 order at a time only. That could have been a lot better by trading more signals and/or stacking of orders (i.e. taking partial profits).

Man thanks guys for making me aware of Rebellion Plus, that makes a world of difference in confidence. I bought Rebellion when it first came out and almost ditched it (that was before Russ even added the Trade Assistant EA). But it's all I've been using since late 2010 and with this add-on, it's all that I'll be using. I never even used to check the higher timeframe, but getting an alert only when the H1 and H4 line up is a great confidence booster. And when m5 through D1 all light up it's really a relief.

The main thing I like is that I can have all my charts horizontal and see all timeframe and signal confirmations, along with my trust currency meter. Truly is a birdseye view of the markets. Plus being able to add different management EA's using different stop loss jumps in relation to the stoploss of that pair's trade is so much easier.

Kudos to whoever created Rebellion Plus, although it's pretty disrespectful that he didn't keep the name "Forex Rebellion" anywhere on the chart.

PS: Please don't laugh at my $100 equity, rebuilding an account that was blown out down to $50 takes time on 50:1 leverage lol. :eek:

Attachments

fscrp

Please don't laugh at my $100 equity, rebuilding an account that was blown out down to $50 takes time on 50:1 leverage lol.
I'm not laughing - I started with $350, doubled it in a few months, got greedy, took too many risks and crashed down to $100. At least I got part of it right by only starting with a small amount. I figure once I bring the account back to my initial investment, I'll be ready to go in with a larger deposit.

StaticX

Hi Infomattik,

No laughing here, we're all big boys and stupid mistakes are all part of the game.
Believe me I know. I blew $3500 because I got arrogant and cocky and felt I could trade a NFP one Friday... Nothing like loosing that much in literally 15 seconds..... I was like a deer caught in the headlights of a truck... couldn't move... before my brain registered what was going on... bang I was down $3500.

Anyway lesson learn't, I now eat humble pie and respect the market.
Joe DiNapoli has a very famous quote he has pinned up in his office, something which I am going to do as well.

"Your are just one trade away from humility"

Cheers
StaticX

xard777

Hi Infomattik,

No laughing here, we're all big boys and stupid mistakes are all part of the game.
Believe me I know. I blew $3500 because I got arrogant and cocky and felt I could trade a NFP one Friday... Nothing like loosing that much in literally 15 seconds..... I was like a deer caught in the headlights of a truck... couldn't move... before my brain registered what was going on... bang I was down $3500.

Anyway lesson learn't, I now eat humble pie and respect the market.
Joe DiNapoli has a very famous quote he has pinned up in his office, something which I am going to do as well.

Cheers
StaticX
My sticky note reads....

"If I had a Dollar for every account I blew - I would be rich"

Xard777

Cheers
StaticX
My sticky note reads....

"If I had a Dollar for every account I blew - I would be rich"

Xard777
Thanks guys, glad to know we've all been through it and learned from it! This is the third account I've managed to get greedy and impatient with, but I plan on recouping all my losses and one day getting ahead...One trade at a time, patiently.

Both of those quotes are indeed words to live by, I think I'll post both of those near my trading station.

marcuss

Be very carefull with Rebelion Plus! If you let this indi on your chart a long period of time and than you load again the template you will see that new arrows appear when you load the template

folpips

Be very carefull with Rebelion Plus! If you let this indi on your chart a long period of time and than you load again the template you will see that new arrows appear when you load the template

i have noticed that too,i think with time of inactivity the arrow dissapears,so before use i reload template each time,so as i dont miss anything out.

francisfinley

are we saying this is repainting the arrows?

does the graphic on the right hand side still give the correct signal (smileyface/short/long)

im not too concerned about past arrows repainting as long as the current arrow is correct.

ive only downloaded it today so cant comment on forward paints and their validity.

if it is repainting then its another too good to be true indicator?

ravenflight

Hi Guys,

I have a decompiler that may work, PM me with your details and I'll mail it to you as it exceeds the attachement size allowed by the forum. I trade FR and have added 2 additional QQE's that helps to filter a lot of noise. If you trade the M5, M15 or M30 then load an additional QQE for M30 and another for H1. For LONG trades BOTH QQE's have to be > 50 and for SHORT trades BOTH < 50. I've attached a screenshot. I use some additional filters such as the TRIX from FF where the M30 trix is my main filter, unfortunately not an MTF version so you'll need to flip to M30 to confirm. For LONG trades TRIX M30 Fast has to be = or > 0 (rising) and > Slow. For SHORT trades TRIX M30 fast = or < 0 and declining and Fast < Slow. The best signals are normally found when you have a FRESH QQE M30 cross and all the other rules comply, when using Rebellion PLUS I want to see M15, M30 and H1 all confirm the direction of the trade. For shorter timeframes use EMA50 and trade LONG only when price > EMA50 and SHORT only when price < EMA50. Hope this helps, be patient and wait for trades, best to take trades close to EMA50, if price too far away wait for a retrace or best wait for a FRESH signal from FR.

Attachments