Aurix Exchange

Gonzo 2

stovedude

Here is the URL of the original FXGrowthBot indicator source code (mq4). It is an earlier version by the original developer but it gives the same signals if you adjust its settings. Can someone incorporate it into the current FXGrowthBot and post the code? Enjoy and thank you in advance.

Here is a separate EA for that indy. The indy had to be changed to be used in the EA, so make sure you have this version. Please post your best settings.
BTW, no Trial Reset or dll is required.

Attachments

• ELabunskyVolaPresser1.1.mq4
    3.3 KB · Views: 5
  • GonzoEA2.0.mq4
    43.4 KB · Views: 3

grood

Struggling to find a profitable setting for backtesting. Any hints about the indicator values? Backtest is very slow, so optimization of all relevant parameters could take weeks...

stovedude

Struggling to find a profitable setting for backtesting. Any hints about the indicator values? Backtest is very slow, so optimization of all relevant parameters could take weeks...
Might be easier to place the indy on a chart and experiment to see how the settings affect it.

grood

Didn't think about the indy, thanks.

Now I'm getting somewhere, for a start you can try values around:

MainFilterSpeed=8
MainFilterSlow=20
SmallFilterSpeed=8
SmallFilterSlow=11

I've now decided to still optimize all values, should be finished in 150 hours :D

Stovedude, is the basket close option in pips or account equity?

jarnod

Grood,

You could do a raw optimization by use open prices option. After that you can use the better and 99% backtest quality.

stovedude

Didn't think about the indy, thanks.

Now I'm getting somewhere, for a start you can try values around:

MainFilterSpeed=8
MainFilterSlow=20
SmallFilterSpeed=8
SmallFilterSlow=11

I've now decided to still optimize all values, should be finished in 150 hours :D

Stovedude, is the basket close option in pips or account equity?
Basket profit is in money only and not pips.

grood

Grood,

You could do a raw optimization by use open prices option. After that you can use the better and 99% backtest quality.

Strange enough, using the tickdata it just bails out with "file not open", it only accepts tick by tick backtest. So I would need to download metaquotes data for that. Quite a hassle, think I'll keep this running now until it's finished :D (120h left)

stovedude

I'm getting tons of profitable settings on opto. Should be done this weekend and then we can refine the best one a little. So far, the best setting gains 20% in the last month with 3% DD. At least we can have a starting point for some long term optos.

grood

Similar results here, too.

Optimization is a bit problematic, if I try settings that were optimized for the last 3 months (quite nice, PF > 3), they fail completly until i.e. mid 2010. So the indicator is heavily market dependent. I'm trying to find settings that survive changing market conditions...

stovedude

Here are the settings I have so far. However, it's still only for the last month. I find pass #1756 (9th from the top) to be one of the best. Maybe try some of these for long-term. I'm going to let it finish before trying some more stuff.

Attachments

• gonzo2.txt
    960.5 KB · Views: 2

sreesimha

HI SD,

Any changes to be done for 4/5 digits please?would be great if lot size vs account size is suggested. I believe this is to be used on EU 15 mins preferrably??
Have a great day. Want to try out on SIG demo leverage 1:200

Cheers,

Sree.

stovedude

No changes needed. I am optimizing on e/u m15. So far good with these settings:

MainFilterSpeed-15
MainFilterSlow-17
SmallFilterSpeed-9
SmallFilterSlow-23
MaxTrades-3

All others default for now. It is at 50% for one month, 6.5% DD (still need to check long-term). As usually, frequent optimizing will yield the best results for any indicator-based EA. We should accept that fact and post these settings weekly. The W@llStr e e t EA does that and has been successful.

krish

here is a separate ea for that indy. The indy had to be changed to be used in the ea, so make sure you have this version. Please post your best settings.
Btw, no trial reset or dll is required.
i tried to copy the ea to my expert folder but when open the terminal it automatically disappears .. May i know whats the problem dude..

stovedude

i tried to copy the ea to my expert folder but when open the terminal it automatically disappears .. May i know whats the problem dude..
You mean the EA disappears from the list inside the platform or it disappears from the folder? If it doesn't appear in the platform list, it didn't compile correctly for some reason. You will need to open MetaEditor and compile it. If from the folder, this would be some other pc-related problem. Try updating your platform to build 399 or later if possible. To do this, sometimes you have to right-click on the platform icon and choose Run as Administrator.

leprechan

When i'm backtesting, I only get buy trades, no sell. I have it set to long and short trades. Where am I going wrong?

stovedude

Hi stovedue..I've read about EA's that auto-optimize.. Is that possible?
Yes it is possible by just incorporating a few functions to simulate the BT (recording buy and sell entry levels and profit through past history). However, it should only be done periodically and not on every tick of course. That would eat up a lot of CPU.

stovedude

When i'm backtesting, I only get buy trades, no sell. I have it set to long and short trades. Where am I going wrong?
If your indicator settings are adjusted to a certain point, it can do only one or the other. I have noticed the indy sometimes will show only buys or only sells in certain areas if I change the settings. It is a strange indy, and does repaint by deleting arrows if refreshed. The EA also suffers because of this. I'm pondering the idea of modifying the indy to post a global variable when the arrow appears, so the EA doesn't have to call it anymore. This might help create better entry points. If you visually look at the indy, even with default settings, it just looks almost impossible to not make profit with it, but with an EA calling it, the signals are many times elusive to catch.
Even though backtesting seems to be profitable on many settings, the area that concerns me is 90% of the profit comes from a small handful of lucky trades. We need to look into it further.

Hey Stovedude, thanks again for your efforts. Have a question with gonzo, i have set the BE to 15 and lock in 5. Which part of the set up can we use the trailing stop to move the SL when the price moves beyond this point. By the way am testing it live and demo to see what is the best set. I beleive the trailing stop will improve the sets. Thanks

stovedude

Hey Stovedude, thanks again for your efforts. Have a question with gonzo, i have set the BE to 15 and lock in 5. Which part of the set up can we use the trailing stop to move the SL when the price moves beyond this point. By the way am testing it live and demo to see what is the best set. I beleive the trailing stop will improve the sets. Thanks
All the trailstops will do it. It all depends on the strength of the move. Candle Trail will use the last X number of candles. PsarTrail will use the parabolic SAR, which can be good for staying in longer. MoveSL_TP will move both SL and TP the same amount as price progresses. Each one has a advantage and a disadvantage.

Thanks STovedude, i will use a BE when price hits 14 and lock in 5, take profit at 15 and 50% then will test which trailer works best. Also, not sure which is the best entry use closed candle or open. I am using volatility at 8, 16, 3, 12

Im a manual trader buddy and will run this on my live account. Will keep u informed

Aurix Exchange