Aurix Exchange

Gonzo EA

stovedude

This one is dedicated to our good friend EZ Business, who started this idea. We all hope and pray his health will turn around very quickly.

Now this one uses a dll that expires, so it will need to be reset often (each weekend) to fully work. I don't want anybody asking where it came from. You can PM me for details. The fact of the matter is that there is a time limit that will need to be attended to, but it's very easy. I have found some profitable settings. The default (also in the .set file) are the best I found, but that will vary with the broker and data feed. These settings generated 100% wins on 90% BT with 4% DD, but it can be improved substantially.

This EA is definitely not the holy grail and will not be my ultimate creation of course. It is just a work in progress. The entries are pretty good, and I've included a bunch of different TS options, but I'm thinking about adding a BBandStop or similar to hang on longer to the trend. Maybe together we can find the best setup and settings.

It was tested on E/U m15, but other pairs and TF's might work as well. As far as the main settings, the FastEMA and SlowEMA will determine how often and safe the EA will trade. At 5 and 65 respectively, the EA will not trade often, maybe every day or two. At 12 and 35, the EA traded more often with about the same profit, but had small losses and about the same DD. If you attach the EA and/or indicator to the chart, you may have an error stating "Incorrect Start Position #### for ArrayCopy..." If this happens, you will need to set the MaxBars parameter in the EA and/or indy to a value lower than the one in the error. If you are not attaching the indicator, this is not necessary to change it in the indy of course. The FirstSignalOnly will make only one trade per direction and ignore the additional signals. Most of the other settings are explained in post 1 of the Wish List EA programming section. In the next post, I can discuss other settings.

The dll must be reset every weekend using the Trial Reset program. The best way to do this is run the Reset .exe file, go to the bottom left corner (expand the window to see everything) and hit the All button. Let it finish scanning, and then hit the All down arrow, click Backup (just in case) and then click Clear. This will reset the expiration until the next weekend. This is a pain sometimes, and I need to investigate further to see if we can gain a longer time period somehow.

Attachments

• FFCal.mq4
    24.3 KB · Views: 3

dazers

Thanks for the EA SD. Been hanging out for this one. Can I ask what date the tests were ran over so I can compare results.

saambasp

HI SD,
when i try to back test this ea i get an error mesaage.
'invalid floting point operation' when i click ok button mt4 crashed[closed]
can you tell me what is the problem

stovedude

HI SD,
when i try to back test this ea i get an error mesaage.
'invalid floting point operation' when i click ok button mt4 crashed[closed]
can you tell me what is the problem

This is an internal error with the dll. Until we get a better version, this can happen. I tested it from Jan 1 to last week with these settings, but every broker will be different unfortunately.

dazers

The error wont always come up. If you repeat the test sometimes it seems to work.

However, if it is tested on a disconnected 'testing dedicated' terminal, the error doesn't seem to come up at all.

The error doesnt seem to be related to the date period, timeframe or currency pair being tested.

grood

just to show some potential :D

Edit: don't know what's wrong with the forum, but all pictures attachments disappear for me as soon as my mouse hits them. Same for thanks button, so I can not thank anyone anymore... using chrome browser.

Attachments

• 1.1mio.jpg
    1.1mio.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0

grood

Sure. Tried to optimize for low DD and big profit. Good luck, please share if you can still improve it.

grood

Another backtest, without MM. Looks very promising.

Please try and help improving, I did not much try to optimize BE and TS settings.

Attachments

• noMM_8x0.1lot.jpg
    noMM_8x0.1lot.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 2

grood

You can see the settings I used for the backtest in the html file. Not sure if I still have this set I used lying around as a file.

F

fifi

Regards
Expert Advisor was working correctly
But now is not working and show me this message
2011.03.08 23:51:43 Gonzo Indi 2 EURUSD, M15: incorrect start position 2345 for ArrayCopy function

stovedude

You will need to adjust the MaxBars parameter in the EA to a smaller number like 2000 or something. This is an original bug (not mine) that needs to be fixed sometime.

stovedude

I don't know, but I suspect it uses a MA channel of some kind and volatility parameter widens this channel probably.

Tinojazz

Professional Trader Since 2007
VIP Member
This have great potencial, Stovedude. When you fix all bugs and make it ready please notice me , i will be happy to test on Demo on 4-5 diferent brokers with different settings.

grood

Hi SD,

after looking how gonzo trades, I got another idea.

What about a "basket close" option, meaning: if floating PL reaches e.g. n% of account size, close the basket and start again with new sequence of trades.

During demo trading I notice several nice overall trades, which go negative or into SL after some time again. Such a basket close might be a way to get a smoother profit curve.

What do you think about that?

stovedude

Hi SD,

after looking how gonzo trades, I got another idea.

What about a "basket close" option, meaning: if floating PL reaches e.g. n% of account size, close the basket and start again with new sequence of trades.

During demo trading I notice several nice overall trades, which go negative or into SL after some time again. Such a basket close might be a way to get a smoother profit curve.

What do you think about that?
I have thought about improving Gonzo, but my new strategy I think will blow it out of the water and will not require some suspicious dll garbage or lagging indys, only PA with exact entries and exits.

Aurix Exchange