one to one coaching

Greatest Forex Robot (Need to Modify)

Hello,

I wanted to share this highly sought after EA but It seems to need a little work. According to developer it needs to avoid news events. I was hoping that one of the developers in our forum could possibly add a news filter like FFCal to be able to backtest with more accurate results. Programers have done this to Primeval, EA Boss, Shocker and MegaDroid. I will attach a copy of one of these to see if someone could add this feature to this EA.

Thanks in advance

EzBusiness

Attachments

saxon

I will try, but it will be difficult to get accurate test results.

I will post it if I can get it to work :)

I will try, but it will be difficult to get accurate test results.

I will post it if I can get it to work :)
Thank You for your help, I will also be forward testing it to see what kind of results it can get over the next few weeks. Today I put it on my live Fig acct and it made 11 pips profit using default 20 pip sl. I think this EA has potential or I wouldn't have asked for your help.

Regards,
EzBusiness

Here we go :)

Backtest may have problems. I suggest you rename robot to something more sense

Thank you very much for coding the EA so quickly. I already try it on backtest and I put it on live demo and news filter working good with no errors. I will keep forum updated with results.

Best Regards
EzBusiness

Hello Indian Forex,

The start and end times are based on Insta Forex platform gmt+3 so adjust according to your gmt time. It would seem that the developer claims the Ea works best with this Broker. I also noticed that by optimizing the Start and End times, SL and TP (4-6 pips) I was able to get pretty good backtest results. When it's all said and done we'll know in the coming days as I forward test and see the results and update it here in the forum.

EzBusiness

Hello Indian Forex,

The start and end times are based on Insta Forex platform gmt+3 so adjust according to your gmt time. It would seem that the developer claims the Ea works best with this Broker. I also noticed that by optimizing the Start and End times, SL and TP (4-6 pips) I was able to get pretty good backtest results. When it's all said and done we'll know in the coming days as I forward test and see the results and update it here in the forum.

EzBusiness
ok..I am also using a broker (SIG) which has +3 offset. I ran some backtests but all of them failed with a big DD... Not sure if it was because of FFCAL or soemthing else. Will fwd test and see how it performs. In the meatime, if you get a good settings, please share.

saxon

For everyone to know, I disable FFCal in backtest, as it only look on website for news times that are now, not at tester time.

The news avoider is always off during testing for this reason.

saxon

can u pls post ur backtest results..
What I mean is that in the coding for EA I disable the news filter in backtest, as the FFCal indicator is not compatible in backtest.

Here is one of my tests so far

USDCHF

10PM GMT - 12AM GMT

2009-01-01 -------> 2010/08/30 (Test take too long if more time)

The drawdown is not resonable. At least we know robot have potential :)

Attachments

What I mean is that in the coding for EA I disable the news filter in backtest, as the FFCal indicator is not compatible in backtest.

USDCHF

10PM GMT - 12AM GMT

For some reason, am not getting the same curve with my broker (SIG). I will test with Prime4x and check. Was there anything else you changed in the settings other than Starting ending hours

Hello Saxon,

You are doing a great job with this EA, I was curious if you had noticed in the code any other name for Ea because I find it curious that the comment it shows (eurgbp_1 eurgbo_2 etc) Just seems weird that the developer would put wrong currency on the comment.

EzBusiness

USDCHF

10PM GMT - 12AM GMT

can you share the data on which you are testing this. I am not able to get a smooth curve at all.

Please share the data.

thanks,

saxon

Here is Prime4x USDCHF data

Yes I keep all setting default except for time. Prime4x is GMT+2, so you can adjust your timing purposefully. Remember we are in daylight savings now, all broker are 1 hour fast.

My backtest for 2010 showed a straight line down to zero.

This Robot has big potential, that is true.
It will find itself in the recycle-bin very fast.

My backtest for 2010 showed a straight line down to zero.

This Robot has big potential, that is true.
It will find itself in the recycle-bin very fast.
Even I faced a similar result before. Its all because of the bad data quality for these cross pairs. Try to run it in demo for some days and then see the result. I used the data which was posted 2 post before and it gave a similar results which was published earlier.

So this really has a potentional but when to turn it on and when to off is s big question. FFCal might help but we need to do fwd test and then see the results.

Keep it running for few days in demo and then lets see the results.

Regards,
Prakash

Ok I have tested the EA for a full week with three brokers:

FXDD: CEK 5000, start 23, stop 2, tp 4, Beg bal $100 ending bal $105.40 CEK is set to conservative low risk.

Insta Forex: CEK 200, start 23, stop 7, tp 4, Beg bal $100 ending $88.19,

FigFx: CEK 2000, start 22, stop 7, tp 4, Beg bal $300 ending $632.31,

all other settings not specified here are set to default.

I will leave these same settings for one more week then I might lower the stop time by 2hrs as I can see the only losing trades happen in the last couple hrs. I will update next week on all three brokers.

EzBusiness

H

hermes

I heard that it is a tweak of Dragonpips! Nothing new under Forex sun.
Hermes

I heard that it is a tweak of Dragonpips! Nothing new under Forex sun.
Hermes
You might be right, i don't know how to read code but I have used Dragonpips in the past. I see a difference in the way it closes the trades, it is more patient in closing and doesn't settle for small losses. Now that is just a small observation in just a few days of testing. Ultimately it doesn't really matter what name is on the EA as long as it is profitable in the long run.

EzBusiness

plss12

Hello,

I wanted to share this highly sought after EA but It seems to need a little work. According to developer it needs to avoid news events. I was hoping that one of the developers in our forum could possibly add a news filter like FFCal to be able to backtest with more accurate results. Programers have done this to Primeval, EA Boss, Shocker and MegaDroid. I will attach a copy of one of these to see if someone could add this feature to this EA.

Thanks in advance

EzBusiness

Hi. I'm new here so I'm not so familiar with the forum. However Megadroid with news filter sounds really great, especially if it is 1.21 or older. Can somebody please tell me where can I find a mod like this?

Thanks!

Updated forward test for GFR

Figfx profit is now since i began two weeks ago =$912.58 open 22 close 5
Insta Profit is now since i began two weeks ago =$-69.92 open 23 close 5
FXDD Profit is now since i began two weeks ago =$-5.48 open 23 close 2

Just for further insight; I been trying it on my live figfx acct on and off and it doesn't quite trades as on demo, it trades alot less but I dont have enough info to determine if it is profitable on live acct yet.

ExBusiness

one to one coaching