one to one coaching

GUBILIA Strategy

Hi Everyone,

I love this forum. It is the only one I invest any time in reading.

Unless I have an epiphany in the next couple of weeks, I will be implimenting the UBILIA Strategy: GIVE IT UP BEFORE I LOSE IT ALL Strategy.

I want it, BAD. I have worked at it for over 3 years, fulltime for the past 11 months. I read, study, impliment things, keep records, have lengthy huge success, followed by just as lengthy huge failures. My pet peave...people (don't care who you are) who say trading forex "is really easy...." or "it's all about psychology"... Trading forex is the hardest thing I have ever tried to do and pretty much the first thing I have set my mind to do and failed at. As far as the psychology, I am like a machine....I am a mother to 6 for goodness sakes!!!! Give me a set of rules that I can understand and a projected outcome that is motivating, and I can do anything....NOT when it comes to Forex.

I have been a medical transcriptionist for 16 years, secretary on and off. The pay sucks and the job consists of biting my tongue 7 hrs 59 minuts of every work day and basically being a slave for less than minimum wage, all while I could be investing in my 6 kids or husband. BUT, having such a large family makes it almost a necessity that I earn an income. We only have 3 at home now, just finished a nursing degree for one, have a new grandson, have a daughter that just announced an upcoming wedding, a son with a talent for baseball that is costing us a fortune, and still 2 daughters in cheerleading which is the most expensive underappreciated sport of all.

If you are one of the ones who says trading FOREX is easy, then I challenge you to give me your strategy and a chance to prove you wrong. Seriously, give me your strategy, even email it to me , and be very clear and concise, and I will follow your rules almost perfectly. I am down to $499.97 in my account, so lot size will need to be very small, but I challenge you to give me a proven successful system that I can trade with that size account and double it in 1 month, and I will either prove your strategy is NOT easy and a winner or give up my GUBILIA strategy for yours.

...and don't even dare discount my post because my screen name is mommytrades. Yes, I am female, and as smart and capable as most any of you.

eggzactly

Hi Everyone,

Unless I have an epiphany in the next couple of weeks, I will be implimenting the UBILIA Strategy: GIVE IT UP BEFORE I LOSE IT ALL Strategy.

I want it, BAD. I have worked at it for over 3 years, fulltime for the past 11 months. I read, study, impliment things, keep records, have lengthy huge success, followed by just as lengthy huge failures. My pet peave...people (don't care who you are) who say trading forex "is really easy...." or "it's all about psychology"... Trading forex is the hardest thing I have ever tried to do and pretty much the first thing I have set my mind to do and failed at. As far as the psychology, I am like a machine....I am a mother to 6 for goodness sakes!!!! Give me a set of rules that I can understand and a projected outcome that is motivating, and I can do anything....NOT when it comes to Forex.

I have been a medical transcriptionist for 16 years, secretary on and off. The pay sucks and the job consists of biting my tongue 7 hrs 59 minuts of every work day and basically being a slave for less than minimum wage, all while I could be investing in my 6 kids or husband. BUT, having such a large family makes it almost a necessity that I earn an income. We only have 3 at home now, just finished a nursing degree for one, have a new grandson, have a daughter that just announced an upcoming wedding, a son with a talent for baseball that is costing us a fortune, and still 2 daughters in cheerleading which is the most expensive underappreciated sport of all.

If you are one of the ones who says trading FOREX is easy, then I challenge you to give me your strategy and a chance to prove you wrong. Seriously, give me your strategy, even email it to me , and be very clear and concise, and I will follow your rules almost perfectly. I am down to $499.97 in my account, so lot size will need to be very small, but I challenge you to give me a proven successful system that I can trade with that size account and double it in 1 month, and I will either prove your strategy is NOT easy and a winner or give up my GUBILIA strategy for yours.

...and don't even dare discount my post because my screen name is mommytrades. Yes, I am female, and as smart and capable as most any of you.

Who said trading is easy is not a trader at all. Trading must be enjoyable and stress free, at least for me i see this way. If trading is not enjoyable and not stress free, you are doing something wrong.

The action you are thinking - winning or losing all - is a waste of time, keep your money, is best thing to do.

Rethink in your system, and don?t try to be millionaire overnight - Seems you have done one thing that most of people who try trading doesn?t even care, done your homework.

Every system have it?s failures, is on this periods that investor/trader take most stupid actions, most of them move to another, because think that this is the one, this is the so called holy grail, this will transform my 1k to 100k in one night, forget it, that not exist at all.

Trading to be sucessfull must be a compound "game" - compounding is really important for this business - reinvest the earned money, and if lose, lower the % allocated to that system.

If a system have DD times ? off course, all have, in that times, don?t move to another, just think in what can be improved to perform better, and if nothing can be done, just stick with it, better times will come - assuming that system is profitable on the long run,with correct Money Management you can improve a average system by 20/30%.

I have struggled like you, when i begin trading, more then 15 years ago, i blow my account in 1 month, on e-mini futures, i blame all, the broker, the markets, the all world, all except me off course, because i thought i was right and all others were wrong. After that i hold an account for 1 year, then blow again, with over confidence and over trading completely, and since then step by step i build my wealth. I trade for living about 8 years now, and still today i have some failures , when i put my emotions into play.

I think you are passing a bad time and your emotions are all up and can?t allow you think clearly, you need to calm down, if you had success with your system, why now is different ?
- Are you doing something wrong ?
- Are the markets so different that your system can?t adapt to current conditions ?
- Are you struggling in your trading because you need to make money and not following the correct money management ?

Please think in this, and enjoy your trading journey. I wish you a profitable one.

regards,

The compassion and encouragment in your words is very appreciated. You took time to read and reply to me... thank you.

The only thing that keeps "haunting me" as far as going over what is different is that most everything I have read and studied ALL says close up shop beginning Nov through mid Feb, but I didn't. I didn't have much of an account, but I had built it back to almost $4000 from my initial losses. Slowly but surely, have lost down to only just less than $500.

I dunno... some times I think after being disinherited by an extremely wealthy father for reasons unknown to me, other than I am not as needy as everyone else in his life, i want too bady to prove myself. But, day by day, I approach trading just as any other job...if this, then that, so I can't say that I believe I am allowing emotion to control me. My expectation is to steadily earn enough each day ($75-100) to make up for my transcription income. I don't think that is overshooting. Of course after 2 months of almost all loses, I can only trade about a 25-cent pip not so I guess it is too much to expect. I should just close up shop for a spell I am thinking. Go back to slave labor. See what happens.

My daddy says my trading is gambling. The past 2 months has me thinking he is probably right.

Sorry, trying to shake this negativity so I can watch my charts and tweak things, but I have had a hard time trading the past 8 days or so because I am so aware of the losses over the years and can't get my hope back.

eggzactly

The compassion and encouragment in your words is very appreciated. You took time to read and replay to me... thank you.

The only thing that keeps "haunting me" as far as going over what is different is that most everything I have read and studied ALL said close up shop beginning Nov through mid Feb, but I didn't. I didn't have much of an account, but I had built it back to almost $4000 from my initial losses. Slowly but surely, have lost down to only just less than $500.

I dunno... some times I think after being disinherited by an extremely wealthy father for reasons unknown to me, other than I am not as needy as everyone else in his life, i want too bady to prove myself. But, day by day, I approach trading just as any other job...if this, then that, so I can't say that I believe I am allowing emotion to control me. My expectation is to steadily earn enough each day ($75-100) to make up for my transcription income. I don't think that is overshooting. Of course after 2 months of almost all loses, I can only trade about a 25-cent pip not so I guess it is too much to expect. I should just close up shop for a spell I am thinking. Go back to slave labor. See what happens.

My daddy says my trading is gambling. The past 2 months has me thinking he is probably right.

Sorry, trying to shake this negativity so I can watch my charts and tweak things, but I have had a hard time trading the past 8 days or so because I am so aware of the losses over the years and can't get my hope back.
You don?t need to thank at all, we are here to help each others, at least is my purpose to spend some time in this forums.

If you put your tgt to x profit each day, when you lose double of your tgt, turn off computer and go away, only turn on computer next day. The main problem i see in forex, and i struglled with it everyday is a 24 hours market. If you are a swing/breakout trader, like me, you can have a alert in the middle of the night and bumm, you day begins right away. Usually from monday to tuesday i have this alerts - market from monday / tuesday overnight seems to be particular active and this have an explanation - is the real beginning of trading week, when banks need to take action for week ahead,see the reaction for weekend and put the strategies of money exchange in action.

Regarding you trading, i can?t tell you to stick with your system, to move to another, but what i can tell you, and from your words is, you are right now with too much emotions into play, and when you get in front of computer to trade you must switch them off, if you doesn?t do that, you will probably going into trouble.

Past week was complicated one - i trade mostly the eurusd, and market was bumping like hell, and in complete stupid range, more i had problems on my 2 net connections - primary and backup one, due to a hell of a storm in my country, wich cause a huge DD in my account, but i face it and can say today i?m almost 25% up from last week, this to say that i know the limitations of my system, and you off course knows the limitations of your system. In my humble opinion, you are trading with emotions and not with your head, or you need revise completely your system, because it can?t adapt of market changes and you need, like you said TWEAK things. Tweak doesn?t mean optimize, be really carefull with optimizations, the lead to the past. I have tested and tested neural systems and my conclusions were always the same, we can?t trade a past optimization over a current one.

and please, keep your head up,positive thinking is good, can attract good things, good moods. IF your father telling that you are gambling, accept that and prove to YOURSELF that you are treating trading as a business.

Face that every business have failures and bumping rides.

Being a consistently profitable trader at a high level is as easy as pushing a mouse button at the right moment. The trick is knowing when that moment has arrived

regards,

mtuppers

Trading may be hard. give u some info

1. check higher time frame to see what is current trend is.
2. using smaller time frame trade only the direction of higher time frame.

Paranoid

If you wish to enter using higher timeframe confirmation I personally would only look to the next higher one. Ideally you need 4-6 times the trading chart. So, if you are trading 5 min then 15 or 30 and if on 15min then 1hr etc.
Personally, I trade mainly 5, 10 and 15 and alternate between them on 8 instruments. What I am looking for are classic candlestick patterns, 1-2-3's, double tops and bottoms etc in the area of support resistance, pivots, BRN. I trade what I see on the timeframe I'm looking at.

vadimt

Hi Mommy,

sorry to wander off the subject., but is this a strategy GUBILIA.., you are using? Never found any info on it anywhere (was trying to see why it failed in your case that is all).

Coming to the subject...,

Eggzactly knows what he is talking.., just read his post a couple of times.., maybe something will spark inside of you that will take you on the road to success. All the best.

techboy

I say trading is easy to 5% on winners circle, In my own experience I will say that in my early days of trading, its a psychological struggle, the most difficult part on my trading experience is that I cannot implement my trading rule religiously, I been jumping from one strategy to another, still I am a losing trader, I repetitiously violate my trading rule,One day I realize that my biggest enemy in trading is myself, so I started to study self control. Right now I am being able to follow my trading rule religiously and I slowly rake some profits.

I observed also in the forum that there are lots of strategy posted here day in and day out,but to be successful in forex you only need one or two strategy that you really master. Jumping from one strategy to another will only add a lot of confusion in your trading.

Also a trader must choose or design a trading strategy that fits his personality, a successful strategy on Trader A, may not work on Trader B, so I think one must customize his or her own strategy.

I always say this to myself, Forex trading is 90% psychology, try to look back those losing trades and think, how many times did you violate your trading rule? how many time you smash your keyboard when the price goes against your trade? etc... etc...., if you are in this state it means that you are still trading with your emotions.

Emotions has no room in FOREX! If you can't contained your emotions you won't become a successful trader.

eggzactly

I say trading is easy to 5% on winners circle, In my own experience I will say that in my early days of trading, its a psychological struggle, the most difficult part on my trading experience is that I cannot implement my trading rule religiously, I been jumping from one strategy to another, still I am a losing trader, I repetitiously violate my trading rule,One day I realize that my biggest enemy in trading is myself, so I started to study self control. Right now I am being able to follow my trading rule religiously and I slowly rake some profits.

I observed also in the forum that there are lots of strategy posted here day in and day out,but to be successful in forex you only need one or two strategy that you really master. Jumping from one strategy to another will only add a lot of confusion in your trading.

Also a trader must choose or design a trading strategy that fits his personality, a successful strategy on Trader A, may not work on Trader B, so I think one must customize his or her own strategy.

I always say this to myself, Forex trading is 90% psychology, try to look back those losing trades and think, how many times did you violate your trading rule? how many time you smash your keyboard when the price goes against your trade? etc... etc...., if you are in this state it means that you are still trading with your emotions.

Emotions has no room in FOREX! If you can't contained your emotions you won't become a successful trader.
Agree 100% with you, i even had some theater lessons to help me control my emotions because of my nervous problem, i was born during a civil war at angola, and the sound of bombs, fights, etc change my nervous system completely, i had to reshape it, it was not easy i even was a stammerer.So control your emotions, smile for losses the way you smile for gains, sometimes is not easy at all, i smile sometimes but what i really want is scream. After that you have 90% of your trading controlled, the other 10% is trading system and money management, don?t forget the latest one, is really important.One thing really important is : when you are in a trade don?t think by others head. You can think like, well this trader is a pro, he made 1000000 pips last month, if he says is a top is a top, let me out, and then bumm market explode and you think, why the hell i get out...this happened too me so many times until i could read and ignore what others are saying. You need to trust 100% in your system, if you don?t trust who will trust ?Today and yesterday we have a great example on this, most of the so called professional traders, market gurus, etc... are saying that eurusd is at the top, i heard this since yesterday when ECN and Market Makers bid difference was about 10 or more pips - at 1.3680 area, then market break and went to 1.37 area, now is at 1.3730 area, for me preparing for a test of 1.3750 possible break to 1.3770 then 1.3790 and if all confirmed, possible 1.3920 area later week, or next week before NFP - this will make a perfect bearish butterfly pattern, wich can lead eurusd back to 1.32/1.3090 - DO I TRADE BASED ON THIS ? NO, this is only information i held in my head, but what i trade is what i see, my system that prove me over time that can make consistent profit, even during bad times i trust in it, i know that later we will recover and make new equity high for me. How i handle this bad periods, same as i handle good periods, good money management prevent me to stress out or have a hard Drawdown.I have shared a really good software on the forum, that help me everyday to be a better trader...enjoyregards,

fscrp

Hi Mommytrades, I dare to say that many on this forum have a similar story and frustration as you, and yep, I do too. One day I am flying high and the next I doubt I will ever be able to be a full-time trader. Just yesterday I entered into a hasty trade just to have some activity and boy was it the wrong call. Psychology really is a key element. Instead of risking your remaining equity, I suggest opening a cents account* for $5-$10 dollars. In MetaTrader the $5 looks like $500, but you are still trading with real money. After you take a little time to clear your mind, get back to it. *If you are in the US, I just opened a cents account with LiteForex.org last week.

eggzactly

Trade 1$ same way you trade 1M

Trade 1$ same way you trade 1M

Hi Mommytrades, I dare to say that many on this forum have a similar story and frustration as you, and yep, I do too. One day I am flying high and the next I doubt I will ever be able to be a full-time trader. Just yesterday I entered into a hasty trade just to have some activity and boy was it the wrong call. Psychology really is a key element. Instead of risking your remaining equity, I suggest opening a cents account* for $5-$10 dollars. In MetaTrader the $5 looks like $500, but you are still trading with real money. After you take a little time to clear your mind, get back to it. *If you are in the US, I just opened a cents account with LiteForex.org last week.
I can?t agree at all with you regarding the cents account. You need to trade 1$ the same way you trade 1M, the only difference is the allocated money. If you can trade 1$ you can trade 1M. the only difference you will see is the $ you win/loss, but the % is the same.Best way to clear mind, is really clear mind, get away from markets, trading cents account because you only lose 5$ ?is that reason to you become profitable trader, not at all... regards,

fscrp

I can?t agree at all with you regarding the cents account. You need to trade 1$ the same way you trade 1M, the only difference is the allocated money. If you can trade 1$ you can trade 1M. the only difference you will see is the $ you win/loss, but the % is the same.Best way to clear mind, is really clear mind, get away from markets, trading cents account because you only lose 5$ ?is that reason to you become profitable trader, not at all... regards,
We are all experts in our own opinions. ;) Everyone does not learn the same way; I offered a suggestion for Mommytrades' consideration to rebuild her confidence.

eggzactly

We are all experts in our own opinions. ;) Everyone does not learn the same way; I offered a suggestion for Mommytrades' consideration to rebuild her confidence.
sure, we are only offer suggestions, but with my experience, i really don?t think trading a cents account makes us better traders, but like you said - we are all experts in our own opinions -
regards,

saxon

Hi Everyone,

If you are one of the ones who says trading FOREX is easy, then I challenge you to give me your strategy and a chance to prove you wrong. Seriously, give me your strategy, even email it to me typing4doctors@bellsouth.net, and be very clear and concise, and I will follow your rules almost perfectly. I am down to $499.97 in my account, so lot size will need to be very small, but I challenge you to give me a proven successful system that I can trade with that size account and double it in 1 month, and I will either prove your strategy is NOT easy and a winner or give up my GUBILIA strategy for yours.

Buy gold on H4 Ichimoku break-out. Close if price re-enters cloud. Never sell gold. You will get 4000-12000 pips per month.

You can learn Ichimoku here at under Ichimoku Analysis.

wow....now see, this is GOD! About 10 days ago I for the first time studied the Ischimoku indicator (actually, it seems like a complete system to me). I read for a couple of days, watched some video instruction, and set a template to study the EURUSD. At the end of last week, I paper traded a 2 trades, both of which not only won but my stop was less than 40 pips on each and unlike usually, I knew exactly when to get out of both trades. The total pips = 112 ...paper traded remember but sure would have been nice if I'd had the confidence to take the trades for real. Just now, your advice on this very indicator plus GOLD which my dad said during Christmas he was thinking of trading...well, I see all this as so much more than just the power of suggestion. Someone else sent me an e-book that I have read on and off all day today.

Saxon, I'm going to take a look at your H4 Gold strategy using Ischimoku. Thanks!!

vadimt

VADIMT,

LOL...no, GUBILIA was my sarcastic acronym for get-out-before-i-lose-it-all... sorry for the confusion :eek:
Grrrr.., u used ur MT knowledge to create this and i was all over the net trying to find it.., at least it made u laugh.:). To add to the fun.., i was like "GUBILIA" "GU BILIA".., maybe this is related to trading only GU (ha ha), "bilia" (maybe mommy used it for trading gu ;) )

one to one coaching