Hedging EA

stovedude

Another SD creation requested by saambasp. My best optimization so far yielded $2500 profit on $10K account for just this year with 12% DD. I found these settings so far:

PipGap = 90
BasketProfit = 40
LotMultiplier = 4.25 (I know-scary)
ChannelReductionPips = 20

Basically, the EA will trade a range with hedging (saambasp's idea), and if ChannelReductionPips > 0, it will reduce this range as price keeps hitting hedge orders in an attempt to chase and corral price in until a breakout, even a small one, will produce profit (this was my idea:D). Test, optimize, and enjoy!

Oh and BTW, you can use any small spread pair with plenty of volatility and any TF will do.

Attachments

• HedgeMaster1.0.mq4
    8.8 KB · Views: 3

Another SD creation requested by saambasp. My best optimization so far yielded $2500 profit on $10K account for just this year with 12% DD. I found these settings so far:

PipGap = 90
BasketProfit = 40
LotMultiplier = 4.25 (I know-scary)
ChannelReductionPips = 20

Basically, the EA will trade a range with hedging (saambasp's idea), and if ChannelReductionPips > 0, it will reduce this range as price keeps hitting hedge orders in an attempt to chase and corral price in until a breakout, even a small one, will produce profit (this was my idea:D). Test, optimize, and enjoy!

Oh and BTW, you can use any small spread pair with plenty of volatility and any TF will do.

Thanks for sharing this ea! :)

....Can you explain better how does it works? and what is "ChannelReductionPips"?

....LotMultiplier = 4.25 is too much!
....which settings can survive from 1999 to 2011 using 0.01 lots in a 50'000 eur account using lotMultiplier= 2 max?

thanks

stovedude

ChannelReductionPips reduces the hedging range. At the start, it will place 2 opposite pendings that are so many pips apart (PipGap). If one triggers, the other will be replaced with another PO with a higher lot value (LotMultiplier) at a closer distance (ChannelReductionPips). Eventually, price will finally break out and all trades will close when profit is reached (if no MC of course). I see there is still a order error when I tried to BT for last year and this year, so I'll have to look into that.

ChannelReductionPips reduces the hedging range. At the start, it will place 2 opposite pendings that are so many pips apart (PipGap). If one triggers, the other will be replaced with another PO with a higher lot value (LotMultiplier) at a closer distance (ChannelReductionPips). Eventually, price will finally break out and all trades will close when profit is reached (if no MC of course). I see there is still a order error when I tried to BT for last year and this year, so I'll have to look into that.

ok I wait your mod on this your ea.

I had discovered that the ea you've built for me is very similar to this strategy that I found now on the web, isn't it?

....anyway with these eas It's very hard to have good results on BT. :rolleyes:

Sarab

Hi stovedude,

Thanks for the EA...

Yes, it is kind of scary martingale system since the next double lot multiplied by 4.25 !!! :confused:

I think testing it only on low range pair would make it safe and profitable,

what do you think?

Cheers,

stovedude

This one should fix the error, but the same question of "will it work?" remains. I got some profit on BT for last year and this year, but not enough to write home about (when coupled with the DD).

Attachments

• HedgeMaster1.0.mq4
    9.2 KB · Views: 3

saambasp

This one should fix the error, but the same question of "will it work?" remains. I got some profit on BT for last year and this year, but not enough to write home about (when coupled with the DD).

with multiply 2
default settings
dont bother drawdown it followed by profit trade.
hereis my back test from 2010 jan to till now

Aurix Exchange