Aurix Exchange

[Help] 4 digi and 5 digi brokers

ymxy

Hi, all

Since i'm new about EAs, I got a trouble to use the same EA to 4 digi and 5 digi brokers.

My question is how to adjust the parameters in a EA to fit different brokers.

Some examples here:
- slippage
If a EA's default setting = 5 for 4 digi brokers, I think the the parameter should be change to 50 for 5 digi brokers, am I right?

Please give your opinions here once you get any idea, thanks.

I uploaded an example EA for you to check, and here is the link I refereed:

ymxy

Yes, slippage should be adjusted, as well as spread, TP, SL, TS values.

Thanks, Stov.

Do you know how to judge a EA is a 4 digi/5 digi self-adapted? Or how to back-test or forward-test?

By the way, I'm not familiar with programmings.

stovedude

The easiest way is to look at the code, if available. Usually, the init() function will check for the digits and assign a 1 or a 10 value to something. This is a good clue. For backtesting, you will need to open the Strategy Tester (the magnifying glass), load the EA, currency and TF, and adjust the parameters and From and To dates. The Every Tick model is usually best, and you can choose Visual, which will show the chart and how the EA trades as well (you can attach indicators to this chart and watch everything move).

Sarab

easy way

easy way

Hi,

There is an easy way to do that,

if the broker is 4 digit, everything is going to be normal; means if take profit is 10 pips so it is 10 pips and so on for other parameters,

if the broker is 5 digit, then you just need to change for example take profit if 10 pips, it will be 100 pips where actually the exra 0 is fractional pip

you can add a code in the start() function to identify whether the broker is 4 or 5 and then change some variable from Point to point after adding the 4/ 5 digit identifier code so things will be ok for both 4/5 ones.

Cheers,

S

ymxy

Hi,

There is an easy way to do that,

if the broker is 4 digit, everything is going to be normal; means if take profit is 10 pips so it is 10 pips and so on for other parameters,

if the broker is 5 digit, then you just need to change for example take profit if 10 pips, it will be 100 pips where actually the exra 0 is fractional pip

you can add a code in the start() function to identify whether the broker is 4 or 5 and then change some variable from Point to point after adding the 4/ 5 digit identifier code so things will be ok for both 4/5 ones.

Cheers,

S

Thanks to Sarab and Stov.

Sorry, I don't know the MT4 source codes.
I find my way that I just open a 5-digit demo account and test the EA, then check the result and try to modify some parameters of the EA to get an expected result.

Aurix Exchange