one to one coaching

How do I make an EA?

bonnie1234

I have an idea for an EA that I wish to be able to program in mql4 language.

Can anyone offer some advice or people / websites they know to be reputable for programming services or have any help regarding programming so I can go it alone?

Thanks in advance!

maven

The Metatrader site mql4.com is a good place to start if you want to do it yourself. In particular:-

sliffy

i have the forex ea generator program... with this tool you can build your ea as a flowchart and compile it to .ex4
send me p.m. with your email address if you are interested

huuu

You can either post your strategy here and we can build it together, or email me at stovedude@q.com and I can walk you through it.
hey stovedude, just wonder if this one is possible:

The EA should be able to recognize horizontal lines that our manually inputed on the chart.

If the lines are above current price they have to be designated as ?resistance? lines and if they are below the current price they have to be designated as ?support? lines.

The EA should simply place a buy stop at a ?support? line and place a sell stop at the ?resistance? line.

TP and SL should be inputed as an external variable.

There will also have to be a sleep function built in, so that the EA does not repeatedly place stop orders if the price keeps bouncing off the line.

That is all. Is coding such an EA possible?

stovedude

Huuu, it's possible, but the lines should be named as special names so the EA can find them. I know an EA has already been made before to trade these lines. It was very popular on FF I believe until people got lazy and wanted the EA to do everything for them. I can't remember the name of the EA, but I'm sure it's in my folder.

Bud, I'm sure it can be automated, but I can't seem to translate the web page. My wife can understand it perfectly, but usually wives aren't interested in this stuff, so I'm sure the translation wouldn't go past a few lines. Can you make a document with all the rules?

bonnie1234

You can either post your strategy here and we can build it together, or email me at stovedude@q.com and I can walk you through it.
Hi Stovedude,

Will start a new thread on this strategy and see where we go from there.

It would be good to get an EA to do what I do on a daily basis...and even better if it works so many others can benefit from it

one to one coaching