Aurix Exchange

How would *you* turn $250 into $1000?

agrajag

We have a varied group of traders here, ranging from newbies to pros, and I'm curious as to how you'll each answer this challenge:

You have 250 dollars and you need to turn it into 1000 dollars. First of all, how quickly do you think you could do it, and secondly, what method would you use?

Your method would need to be realistic - that is, no outrageous lots in the hopes that you'd triple your balance in a few pips.

I hope we can view this as a good starting point for a conversation on how to grow a bankroll, as well as discussing the merits of various systems.

saxon

We have a varied group of traders here, ranging from newbies to pros, and I'm curious as to how you'll each answer this challenge:

You have 250 dollars and you need to turn it into 1000 dollars. First of all, how quickly do you think you could do it, and secondly, what method would you use?

Your method would need to be realistic - that is, no outrageous lots in the hopes that you'd triple your balance in a few pips.

I hope we can view this as a good starting point for a conversation on how to grow a bankroll, as well as discussing the merits of various systems.

This is possible. I have just done this recently. I have taken a real life account from 1000 USD, to 221.52 USD, back up to a balance of 1183.40 USD and an equity balance of 1443.60 USD.

Forex newbies will hear from every successful trader that trading is all in the mind - I have only recently learned this and you can see my profits have exploded in the last 3 months.

I have difficult news for newbies to accept, but this is the truth.

You will not have success in the market. You have to lose first. Every successful trader in history will tell you that you must lose before you win. The most difficult part of trading is not losing - I guarantee you that you will lose most of your money - it is controlling how you lose that is the most difficult part.

We traders are like children. We try everything we can, and we learn when we are doing bad when we are reprimanded by our parents. The most painful, and most effective form of scolding a child is psychological.

Let me explain: when I was still in school (not many years ago :cool:) I saw children that came from different families. Living in South Africa has tought me many lessons - many of which is how people live, think, and what their circumstances are. My class had many "bad" children in them. These bad children were punished physically by their parents. When they were young, they were hit by parents - something I respect their parents for doing, stopping before blood is drawn, just sharp quick pain without damage - and they continued doing "bad". My parents punished me psychologically. They send me to my room, deny me access to friends (take away cell phone :p) and remove my favorite foods. But as I grow into teenager, I realise that punnishment was for my own protection. My parents teach me lessons that I learn by myself. Today I grow into very successful student, studying Chemical Engineering - one day I hope to solve world's energy problems.

The market is your parent in trading. You can not learn from your friends (other people), you must learn pure knowledge from your parents (the market). Only after then, will you learn.

The market must punish you to teach you lessons, and you must lose most of your money to learn the most important lessons.

I only have three pieces of advice that you can follow to one day be successful.

1. Forget demo accounts. You learn nothing from them. Get a real account, and only use the real account. Fund the account with your money that you have worked for - but fund it with money that you can continue to live your current life style with after you lose most of it. This must be enough money that it hurts you when you lose, but it must not affect your life tasks like; food of the quality you are currently eating; fuel to get to and from work/study ; money for unexpected situations like car break down or natural disaster. But this must be enough money that you feel terrible when you lose a trade, and you lose sleep thinking about what you did wrong.
  2. Close losing trades. Open new trades to add to a winning position. It is vital that you follow this - if you are losing a trade, then you chose wrong direction. Close the trade. Think about the choice you made to trade in that direction. Did you just "feel it?", or did a non-event happen? If you are winning a trade, and you think you will win more on it - add to your position. You are already in profit, so you need to capitalize on correct decision.
  3. Most importantly: God owns the market. It is His world, we are His creation, it is His market. You are just an small part of the game. You must learn that if you win, it is because God intends you to be a winner of that trade.
It does not matter if you believe in God or not - I can assure you with my life, and the experiences that I have had that God is real. My living is a m[FONT=&quot]iracle[/FONT] that attests to that. It is his market. If you win, you win, if you lose, you lose. God's will overpowers all. If you do not believe in God, than He will not believe in you either, and will take all the money you think you won, and give it to someone else - eventually to be used for His plan.

If people wish to learn more of my experiences with God, please feel free to ask. I will give a full testimony to every person that asks me.

But for now read my account statement. It is most certainly possible for everybody else to do the same.

Attachments

• agentrfr 220 to 1135.67 in 13.6 months.jpg
    agentrfr 220 to 1135.67 in 13.6 months.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 1

eggzactly

Trading Journey...

Trading Journey...

Completely Possible but is a HARD JOURNEY... First you have to ask if you are willing to take that journey, then you need to think again, and then think again...and one more time think on the journey YOU ARE ABOUT TO BEGIN.

I saw in many forums that people looking always to the holy grail EA that with no work put money on the bank and build wealth...FORGET IT, is a death end road.

1 : Know your investor profile - scalper, swing, etc...

2 : Try with all available indicators, build your own trading system - is not so difficult, you need a TREND DIRECTOR and TRADE ACTIVATOR.
Don?t put zillions of indicators in charts, keep it simple - the indicator can be a simple trendline.

3 : MONEY MANAGEMENT - DON?T TRY TO BE MILLIONAIRE OVERNIGHT - Define a money management that adapts to your system. But not risk more then 3% max on a single trade.

4 - Practice and be a ROBOT - when you are driving a car, you don?t think that you need to put gears, you automatically put gears...This must happen with your trading, you don?t think, you just trade.

5 - All Systems have Drawdows, just stick with it and in tuff times learn with the losses. Don?t blame market, broker, etc... and DON?T JUMP FROM ONE TO ANOTHER...

Just few tips that i think are good to be a profitable trader...After more then 15 years of trading i still struggling sometimes to be a robot,and to finish i lost a lot of money before i begin see some light at end of the tunnel and begin build my wealth and consistent results...

Develop a System, see if it suits your trading style, follow it and you are on your journey...

Don?t want making any publicity at all neither going against any rule of the forum, just if you want follow my current trading campaign at

regards,

agrajag

Thanks for the post Saxon. Although I disagree with you on a theological level (I'm an atheist), I certainly agree with you about the psychological aspect of trading.

I also agree that demo accounts only work so far - I think they're useful to try out a new strategy, especially one in which the rules may be a bit fuzzy. You need to feel a sense of jeopardy when trading, and that only comes with real money.

Back to the main topic though - I wonder if a grid system is the fastest type of system to get you from $250 to $1000? I certainly wouldn't use it for an extended period of time, as I've learned this lesson the hard way. Still, they can be effective for rapid account growth.

peldoman

This is possible. I have just done this recently. I have taken a real life account from 1000 USD, to 221.52 USD, back up to a balance of 1183.40 USD and an equity balance of 1443.60 USD.

Forex newbies will hear from every successful trader that trading is all in the mind - I have only recently learned this and you can see my profits have exploded in the last 3 months.

I have difficult news for newbies to accept, but this is the truth.

You will not have success in the market. You have to lose first. Every successful trader in history will tell you that you must lose before you win. The most difficult part of trading is not losing - I guarantee you that you will lose most of your money - it is controlling how you lose that is the most difficult part.

We traders are like children. We try everything we can, and we learn when we are doing bad when we are reprimanded by our parents. The most painful, and most effective form of scolding a child is psychological.

Let me explain: when I was still in school (not many years ago :cool:) I saw children that came from different families. Living in South Africa has tought me many lessons - many of which is how people live, think, and what their circumstances are. My class had many "bad" children in them. These bad children were punished physically by their parents. When they were young, they were hit by parents - something I respect their parents for doing, stopping before blood is drawn, just sharp quick pain without damage - and they continued doing "bad". My parents punished me psychologically. They send me to my room, deny me access to friends (take away cell phone :p) and remove my favorite foods. But as I grow into teenager, I realise that punnishment was for my own protection. My parents teach me lessons that I learn by myself. Today I grow into very successful student, studying Chemical Engineering - one day I hope to solve world's energy problems.

The market is your parent in trading. You can not learn from your friends (other people), you must learn pure knowledge from your parents (the market). Only after then, will you learn.

The market must punish you to teach you lessons, and you must lose most of your money to learn the most important lessons.

I only have three pieces of advice that you can follow to one day be successful.

1. Forget demo accounts. You learn nothing from them. Get a real account, and only use the real account. Fund the account with your money that you have worked for - but fund it with money that you can continue to live your current life style with after you lose most of it. This must be enough money that it hurts you when you lose, but it must not affect your life tasks like; food of the quality you are currently eating; fuel to get to and from work/study ; money for unexpected situations like car break down or natural disaster. But this must be enough money that you feel terrible when you lose a trade, and you lose sleep thinking about what you did wrong.
  2. Close losing trades. Open new trades to add to a winning position. It is vital that you follow this - if you are losing a trade, then you chose wrong direction. Close the trade. Think about the choice you made to trade in that direction. Did you just "feel it?", or did a non-event happen? If you are winning a trade, and you think you will win more on it - add to your position. You are already in profit, so you need to capitalize on correct decision.
  3. Most importantly: God owns the market. It is His world, we are His creation, it is His market. You are just an small part of the game. You must learn that if you win, it is because God intends you to be a winner of that trade.
It does not matter if you believe in God or not - I can assure you with my life, and the experiences that I have had that God is real. My living is a m[FONT=&quot]iracle[/FONT] that attests to that. It is his market. If you win, you win, if you lose, you lose. God's will overpowers all. If you do not believe in God, than He will not believe in you either, and will take all the money you think you won, and give it to someone else - eventually to be used for His plan.

If people wish to learn more of my experiences with God, please feel free to ask. I will give a full testimony to every person that asks me.

But for now read my account statement. It is most certainly possible for everybody else to do the same.

Saxon! I respect everybody ont their religion but what you are saying now in complete BS!!
So people who don,t believe in God can never be a good trader?
God owns the market your are saying, since when?? I thought it,s Karll Dittman!
I respect you religion but keep God from this forum please.
In the UK they made a investigation with traders, the one who don,t believe make more money with trading then the people who believe, this because off religion and emotionel feelings.
But neverthenless i wish you Plenty of pips!

mrworld

Since u are winning, u praise the god...
In case (sorry) if u wash out one day..your mouth cannot spell this...
Winning or losing is not given by god...
Think that u buy a currency n another sell it n both of u believe god to favor your direction..what god will do.
Even i believe god, i lost...
It's all your time..lucky time...
Happy trading n winning winning...;)

saxon

I cannot force you to believe in God, but I can offer my testimony. It is your right to chose to accept it as truth or not :)

I am not trying to insult anybody, I am explaining my philosophy on what I consider essential to my trading.

eggzactly

God and Trading !

God and Trading !

Please let?s be serious about this. What God have to do with Trading ? Completely Nothing. A professional trader must be a robot - no felling, beliefs or emotions when trading. In life it depends on each and every one to believe or not in God.

regards,

Paranoid

To turn $250 into $1000 is easy to achieve. All you need is to harness what Albert Einstein described as the most powerful force on earth - compounding. Couple it with a knowledge of candlestick reversal patterns around support and resistance and pivots and you'll do it without even breaking sweat.

agrajag

Interesting, Paranoid. Are you referring to adding to winning positions, or simply by trading larger lots as your bankroll increases?

Paranoid

You just compound using a fixed % you feel comfortable with. 2-3% risk per trade and just aim to take 5-10 pips per trade on 5 or 15 min timeframe is all you need. Don't get greedy. These trades are extremely reliable when looking for small pip totals.

eggzactly

You just compound using a fixed % you feel comfortable with. 2-3% risk per trade and just aim to take 5-10 pips per trade on 5 or 15 min timeframe is all you need. Don't get greedy. These trades are extremely reliable when looking for small pip totals.

In my opinion, and experience, compound should be done in steps, taking in count the possible DD that system can have. Let me example :

Account 10k, lot 0.1, DD is 3% or 300 usd. Until you get 10.500 usd in account you will not increase the lot. This way you are completely sure that when you increase your lot, even in worst scenario, you can go with previous lot and handle a DD without risking your investment money and have a solid and consistent profit curve.

Off course if you are more aggressive you can compound in every new trade, but don?t forget that you need lower you entry if trade is a losing one, if this is not done, you are doing wrong and the word is not compounding, but gambling.

regards,

Paranoid

Yes, nothing wrong with that money management method.

If one is lazy and couldn't be bothered putting in hours of screentime (there's no substitute for it if you really want to learn to be a stand-alone trader) you can just trade 1-2-3's off daily charts. Be aware of major support and resistance and just look for 40-80 pips. You can run through 15 pairs each evening in around 5 minutes. Use technical stops. Get rich while you sleep. Compound using the method you feel most comfortable with.

-Saxon

I want to hear your testimony, PM me please. Also i have a question. Maybe someone who doesn't believe in God can help answer this. If i was to say Santa Claus is real, (for example) most of you probably wouldn't believe me, but you certainly wouldn't be mad either...as a matter of fact you probably wouldn't even care. But, if i say GOD is real (for example)...then everyone is upset! So heres the question...What's the difference between non believing in Santa Claus, and non believing in GOD? If you don't believe in either, then should saying GOD is real really even bother you? Unless maybe its what God represents, that makes you upset?? Even so...if a trader said he's been successful b/c of GOD and has proved it....then who are we to judge that? Anyway i want to be a successful trader and i'm willing to do whatever it takes...and its not like i have sell my soul to the devil. Giving it to GOD seems a whole lot more reasonable to me, real or not.

eggzactly

-Saxon

I want to hear your testimony, PM me please. Also i have a question. Maybe someone who doesn't believe in God can help answer this. If i was to say Santa Claus is real, (for example) most of you probably wouldn't believe me, but you certainly wouldn't be mad either...as a matter of fact you probably wouldn't even care. But, if i say GOD is real (for example)...then everyone is upset! So heres the question...What's the difference between non believing in Santa Claus, and non believing in GOD? If you don't believe in either, then should saying GOD is real really even bother you? Unless maybe its what God represents, that makes you upset?? Even so...if a trader said he's been successful b/c of GOD and has proved it....then who are we to judge that? Anyway i want to be a successful trader and i'm willing to do whatever it takes...and its not like i have sell my soul to the devil. Giving it to GOD seems a whole lot more reasonable to me, real or not.

If God had a name, what would it be
And would you call it to his face
If you were faced with him in all his glory
What would you ask if you had just one question
And yeah yeah God is great yeah yeah God is goodyeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home
If God had a face what would it look like
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe
In things like heaven and in jesus and the saints and all the prophets
And yeah yeah god is great yeah yeah god is good
yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah
What if God was one of us
Just a slob like one of us
Just a stranger on the bus
Trying to make his way home
He's trying to make his way home
Back up to heaven all alone
Nobody calling on the phone
Except for the pope maybe in rome

to relax, i never mixed religion with business, is not a good strategie in my opinion.....regards

peldoman

??

??

On this forum God does not exist!! neither the Devil!!!
Lets make money!!
2 trades today 55 pips thanks ??? to myself!!!

peldoman

??

??

Thake your profit now, because homesales figures are comming now.

again 10 pips ,thanks to myself!!
I have reach my target for today, lets relax now.

eggzactly

i am more a swing/breakout trader, have closed all my partial profits, account is now with more 40% then last week, but think eurusd will go higher, so until my system tells me to get out i?m still in all 3 cycles - minor, medium and major one.good work Peldoman.Market handles all type of traders.regards,

peldoman

??

??

These days i use breakout TF 1 hour
Did you see what happen after the home-sale figures came out?

Only need confirmation from TF4 and i,am switching back and forwards to the
other time frames, I,am Henny the switcher!!
I can not put more then 1 chart on my screen, need a bigger screen, maybe 50 inch or so (lol) my TV is only 32 inch.

eggzactly

breakout indicator

breakout indicator

if you like breakout this indicator is a must in my opinion ,
regards,

Aurix Exchange