one to one coaching

Indicators to an EA - Stovedude Project?

bonnie1234

Hi all,

I use many trading methods during the day and this one is quite a simple one compared to my more than overly complicated ones ;)

I use a system to manually trade on a daily basis (D1 Chart and H4 Chart) and would like to know if this can be made into an EA.

It should not be too difficult as it only uses 3 indicators. I have attached a picture to explain further and the indicators to be used with the EA.

1. Indicators to be used : nonlagma nrp, TD2 and TD3 (using all of their default settings in respective code)

2. To be able to work in any timeframe...but will be using it on H4 and D1 Charts only because of TD2 & 3 Repaint.

3. Must be able to run on multiple charts on same account.

4. TD2 and TD3 do repaint on lower TFs but in general the signal I get from H4 and D1 mainly are very good - so I do not use lower TFs for this strategy.

Also not sure about which bar it should signal from.....with this repainting previous bars then this could be good for entries because we are using the nonlagma as the main checking signal.....but.....if used on H4 and D1 (of which I prefer) it would need to act upon the current Bar and not previous bars, because when this turns to the colour required the EA should place the order if all 3 conditions are met? (see entry conditions) Having watched it in Strategy tester on MT4 it does repaint previous bars on H4 so maybe this is the best option to use previous bars?

5. Must be able to run with other EAs on same account so it must identify its own trades and have a customizable magic number so it does not close other EA trades or manual trades in play.

6. Must have customizable "Take profit" and "stop loss" feature

7. Must be able to set lot sizes from 0.01 upwards and be able to have an input for auto money management as a percent of risk from FREE MARGIN. Must be able to go from 0.01% risk and upwards. (Not overly important but would be nice feature)

8. Must be able to work on 4 and 5 digit accounts

9. Must be able to set maximum number of buy and sell trades to be opened so that I can choose to have only one buy or sell at a time or have 10+ at a time.

10. Buy entry conditions: nonlagma nrp (when it turns Blue) is the signal to check if TD2 and TD3 are both blue. If they are not then it is to keep checking until all 3 are blue and enter the buy trade. When buy trade is opened the EA should place a 300pip TP and 300pip SL (which should be able to customize). The EA is to constantly check for the 3 blues and open additional buy trades as it finds them.

11. Sell entry conditions: nonlagma nrp (when it turns Red) is the signal to check if TD2 and TD3 are both Red. If they are not then it is to keep checking until all 3 are Red and enter the sell trade. When sell trade is opened the EA should place a 300pip TP and 300pip SL (which should be able to customize). The EA is to constantly check for the 3 reds and open additional sell trades as it finds them.

12. Exit conditions for ALL BUY trades opened by the EA

a. When own TP or SL is hit OR
b. When nonlagma nrp IS red AND TD2 IS red AND TD3 IS red

All of the above equals an instant SELL order to be opened

13. Exit conditions for ALL SELL trades opened by the EA

b. When nonlagma nrp IS blue AND TD2 IS blue AND TD3 IS blue

All of the above equals an instant BUY order to be opened

14. Must use a "retry on error" function for slippage (set at 3 pip) and requotes.

15. No need to protect from decompiling as this will become a free source on completion

16. Maybe the EA is to check on every "next" bar because of Repaint feature of TD2 & 3?

A normal EA would check for trades/actions on every tick. Would you suggest that we wait for the indicator candle (red or blue) to be completed in the chosen timeframe?

Meaning that if there are conditions to enter a trade, it will wait for the candle to close red or blue before taking that trade. That is because i have tested the indicator and it flickers. This means that the indicator would do something like this : up down / up down / up down before stabilizing. While this is not very important for an indicator, when it is transformed into an EA it will keep on taking trades (buy sell / buy sell / buy sell ...) until it stabilizes?

17. Would you suggest to add one more variable that will be responsible for the red/blue bar that the signals will be taken off? So, for example, if this variable is be set to 0, then the current closed bar will be the signal bar. If to 1, then the previous closed bar will be the signal bar. So I can set it manually for entry and exit conditions. This could maybe help because I watch trades in play so having this I could tweak to the markets?

What do you think?

Hope I have given enough detail for you to be able to make a start!:eek:

Attachments

bonnie1234

bonnie1234- For what pairs-EURUSD EURJPY GBPUSD?

When I manually trade it ...it runs on any pair if you use H4 timeframe and above. All I do at the start of the day is look at all pairs and see which ones do not match colours.

I.E.

Look for pairs with an opposing red/blue signal. So we are looking for a red in TD2 and blue in TD3 for instance or vice versa. When you find this write the pair down on your "watch list" as it now becomes a waiting game...

Look at nonlagma colour and wait for nonlagma and both TD bars to indicate all the same then trade...

Simples...

You must be registered for see images

stovedude

Here we go. The mystery parameters are as follows:

UseCandleTrail = EA will trail the SL according to the high/low of the last few candles (see next parameter).

TrailCandlesBack = how many candles back to trail the SL.

UseClosedCandle = true if you want to wait for the candle to close first.

LookBack = how many candles to lookback for the NLMA to change direction (just in case it changes before the TD's).

News filter and time filter are added.

I haven't tested it yet.

Edit: BTW, I'm moving this thread to the EA section now...

Attachments

bonnie1234

Here we go. The mystery parameters are as follows:

UseCandleTrail = EA will trail the SL according to the high/low of the last few candles (see next parameter).

TrailCandlesBack = how many candles back to trail the SL.

UseClosedCandle = true if you want to wait for the candle to close first.

LookBack = how many candles to lookback for the NLMA to change direction (just in case it changes before the TD's).

News filter and time filter are added.

I haven't tested it yet.

Edit: BTW, I'm moving this thread to the EA section now...
Thanks Stovedude!

Will give it a whirl and see what happens and report back...

bonnie1234

Hi Stovedude,

First point noted is when run with all defaults it is opening and closing trades on every tick because the trades are being closed out and a new one is placed each time.

Second point to note is the parameter : when all 3 = same color it is to close the opposing trade

ie ... If buy in play and all 3 signals turns red = exit buy trade and place a sell trade ... vice versa....

It is not doing that at the moment ;)

This is on H4 with "close candle" to true

...Just some feedback to start in your v busy schedule :)

smokey22

Hi Stovedude,

First point noted is when run with all defaults it is opening and closing trades on every tick because the trades are being closed out and a new one is placed each time.

Second point to note is the parameter : when all 3 = same color it is to close the opposing trade

ie ... If buy in play and all 3 signals turns red = exit buy trade and place a sell trade ... vice versa....

It is not doing that at the moment ;)

This is on H4 with "close candle" to true

...Just some feedback to start in your v busy schedule :)
TD2 TD3 Nonlagma how can you go wrong...

Gravey train just rolled into the station ... fix these small issues and you will have a dam fine EA.....

smokey22

bonnie1234

TD2 TD3 Nonlagma how can you go wrong...

Gravey train just rolled into the station ... fix these small issues and you will have a dam fine EA.....

smokey22
Totally agree Smokey!

You simply cant go wrong with this method...

With a few bugs ironed out it could be an absolute winner!

Whats best is that it will trade whilst you sleep and when you wake up you can even call the shots on exiting positions which are going the wrong way...

I would not let it run on its own but would like it to be a "tool" so that you don't have to wait for the signals as it will do it for you...pretty much like all the other EAs I run...

Personally I will still monitor trades if this does become operational and it will be used as a semi automatic EA in which you can control...

If you can control a "winning EA" then you can control your own destiny...even by doing this system manually you will earn from it...

smokey22

Totally agree Smokey!

You simply cant go wrong with this method...

With a few bugs ironed out it could be an absolute winner!

Whats best is that it will trade whilst you sleep and when you wake up you can even call the shots on exiting positions which are going the wrong way...

I would not let it run on its own but would like it to be a "tool" so that you don't have to wait for the signals as it will do it for you...pretty much like all the other EAs I run...

Personally I will still monitor trades if this does become operational and it will be used as a semi automatic EA in which you can control...

Like all things ... some will see... most will not... for those who can see the light ... will be richly rewarded with this EA ... Semi auto is the winning key..
Manual trading this method is brillant ... so interesting days ahead for this little gem. " If you can control a winning EA then you can control your own destiny...even by doing this system manually you will earn from it" .... very wise words indeed... :)

smokey22

Bud22

Hi all,

I use many trading methods during the day and this one is quite a simple one compared to my more than overly complicated ones ;)

I use a system to manually trade on a daily basis (D1 Chart and H4 Chart) and would like to know if this can be made into an EA.

It should not be too difficult as it only uses 3 indicators. I have attached a picture to explain further and the indicators to be used with the EA.

1. Indicators to be used : nonlagma nrp, TD2 and TD3 (using all of their default settings in respective code)

2. To be able to work in any timeframe...but will be using it on H4 and D1 Charts only because of TD2 & 3 Repaint.

3. Must be able to run on multiple charts on same account.

4. TD2 and TD3 do repaint on lower TFs but in general the signal I get from H4 and D1 mainly are very good - so I do not use lower TFs for this strategy.

Also not sure about which bar it should signal from.....with this repainting previous bars then this could be good for entries because we are using the nonlagma as the main checking signal.....but.....if used on H4 and D1 (of which I prefer) it would need to act upon the current Bar and not previous bars, because when this turns to the colour required the EA should place the order if all 3 conditions are met? (see entry conditions) Having watched it in Strategy tester on MT4 it does repaint previous bars on H4 so maybe this is the best option to use previous bars?

5. Must be able to run with other EAs on same account so it must identify its own trades and have a customizable magic number so it does not close other EA trades or manual trades in play.

6. Must have customizable "Take profit" and "stop loss" feature

7. Must be able to set lot sizes from 0.01 upwards and be able to have an input for auto money management as a percent of risk from FREE MARGIN. Must be able to go from 0.01% risk and upwards. (Not overly important but would be nice feature)

8. Must be able to work on 4 and 5 digit accounts

9. Must be able to set maximum number of buy and sell trades to be opened so that I can choose to have only one buy or sell at a time or have 10+ at a time.

10. Buy entry conditions: nonlagma nrp (when it turns Blue) is the signal to check if TD2 and TD3 are both blue. If they are not then it is to keep checking until all 3 are blue and enter the buy trade. When buy trade is opened the EA should place a 300pip TP and 300pip SL (which should be able to customize). The EA is to constantly check for the 3 blues and open additional buy trades as it finds them.

11. Sell entry conditions: nonlagma nrp (when it turns Red) is the signal to check if TD2 and TD3 are both Red. If they are not then it is to keep checking until all 3 are Red and enter the sell trade. When sell trade is opened the EA should place a 300pip TP and 300pip SL (which should be able to customize). The EA is to constantly check for the 3 reds and open additional sell trades as it finds them.

12. Exit conditions for ALL BUY trades opened by the EA

b. When nonlagma nrp IS red AND TD2 IS red AND TD3 IS red

All of the above equals an instant SELL order to be opened

13. Exit conditions for ALL SELL trades opened by the EA

b. When nonlagma nrp IS blue AND TD2 IS blue AND TD3 IS blue

All of the above equals an instant BUY order to be opened

14. Must use a "retry on error" function for slippage (set at 3 pip) and requotes.

15. No need to protect from decompiling as this will become a free source on completion

16. Maybe the EA is to check on every "next" bar because of Repaint feature of TD2 & 3?

A normal EA would check for trades/actions on every tick. Would you suggest that we wait for the indicator candle (red or blue) to be completed in the chosen timeframe?

Meaning that if there are conditions to enter a trade, it will wait for the candle to close red or blue before taking that trade. That is because i have tested the indicator and it flickers. This means that the indicator would do something like this : up down / up down / up down before stabilizing. While this is not very important for an indicator, when it is transformed into an EA it will keep on taking trades (buy sell / buy sell / buy sell ...) until it stabilizes?

17. Would you suggest to add one more variable that will be responsible for the red/blue bar that the signals will be taken off? So, for example, if this variable is be set to 0, then the current closed bar will be the signal bar. If to 1, then the previous closed bar will be the signal bar. So I can set it manually for entry and exit conditions. This could maybe help because I watch trades in play so having this I could tweak to the markets?

What do you think?

Hope I have given enough detail for you to be able to make a start!:eek:
Your system is similar to this ( )

bonnie1234

Your system is similar to this ( )

Hi Bud,

The theory is the same but I do not use lower TFs for trading, especially with Goldminer as it repaints worse than TD2/3 on smaller TFs...personal opinion obviously...but each to their own!

...If you can find a system that works for you then totally abuse it! ;) LOL

agentrfr

Hi Bud,

The theory is the same but I do not use lower TFs for trading, especially with Goldminer as it repaints worse than TD2/3 on smaller TFs...personal opinion obviously...but each to their own!

...If you can find a system that works for you then totally abuse it! ;) LOL
Do you have live account or demo account manual trading statement we can view? I will spend the time making proper EA if it look good :cool:

bonnie1234

Do you have live account or demo account manual trading statement we can view? I will spend the time making proper EA if it look good :cool:
Unfortunately no.

I trade many systems and strategies so it would be impossible to figure out which system is which...sorry

bonnie1234

This should fix the closing issue and the TD3 problem (I forgot that the indies in this thread are named "Trend - TD2/3").

Thanks Stovedude...If it makes your life any easier rename them back to originals?

I only renamed them because I like to be anal about what indicator does what!:eek:

IE...Trend - for trend indys, Signal - for signal indys, Fib - for Fib indys etc etc etc...

Will get back to you after testing ...

bonnie1234

This should fix the closing issue and the TD3 problem (I forgot that the indies in this thread are named "Trend - TD2/3").

Next Troubleshoot!

D1 shows nonlagma blue and both TD2 and 3 Red

It places a "sell" but should not as we need nonlagma to be same colour as TD2/3 before the trade is taken.

------------

Just switched from D1 to M1 to see the reaction...

With nonlagma blue and TD2/3 both blue it should recognize the candles have changed and close the sell trade and open a buy trade?

Also it is placing buys and sells on and off as if looking for next tick on M1?

Even though it will not be used on M1, the M1 chart is a good way to spot everything straight away...

stovedude

Let's cross our fingers. I made some changes. I checked it on M1. At first, it was going good, then it started opening and closing trades quickly like you described. Hopefully it's fixed now. Seems to be working normally anyway. Now it has a little comment about the 3 different indicator trade signals (1 for buy, -1 for sell). This is only for debugging. Also, the LookBack for the NLMA will be important to determine, because we will need to figure out how long it usually takes for the TD's to repaint. I only added this option so the EA will not open a trade at the last part of the move, but I see that it takes a few candles sometimes before the TD's start to move. As you can see, it's hard to define the beginning of the move for the EA.

Also, I renamed the TD2 and 3 back to the original (attached). Let's see what happens...

Attachments

bonnie1234

Let's cross our fingers. I made some changes. I checked it on M1. At first, it was going good, then it started opening and closing trades quickly like you described. Hopefully it's fixed now. Seems to be working normally anyway. Now it has a little comment about the 3 different indicator trade signals (1 for buy, -1 for sell). This is only for debugging. Also, the LookBack for the NLMA will be important to determine, because we will need to figure out how long it usually takes for the TD's to repaint. I only added this option so the EA will not open a trade at the last part of the move, but I see that it takes a few candles sometimes before the TD's start to move. As you can see, it's hard to define the beginning of the move for the EA.

Also, I renamed the TD2 and 3 back to the original (attached). Let's see what happens...

Thanks Stovedude.

Some feedback...on M1

Noticed that nlma, TD2, TD3 can be 0, 1, 1 but the nlma line is Blue from 10 bars back?

When this happened everything was blue but did not exit sell trade and place buy trade

On a positive note - NLMAbreakeven Trailing works btw

Flipping TF to H4 when nonlagma is red, TD2 is Red and TD3 is Red - NLMA reads 0, -1, -1

This is approx 7 candles back where it should exit the Buy and entered a Sell

Attachments

one to one coaching