one to one coaching

Interesting Strategy 80-90% Win rate

StaticX

Hi Guys,

I stumble unto this guys thread over at Forex-TSD. He has shared quite an incredible system. All the thread followers are confirming the awesomeness of this really simple little system.

I have gone ahead and made a slight modification. He currently makes use of that news indicator called "! IN10TION NewsReader v09.99e lite" and I really do not like this indicator. It's way to overkill and CPU intensive for a simple news alerter.
He also makes use the Fibo's that this news indicator does. So by removing it I had to replace it with a better or equivalent fibo indicator. I used one of my favorite indicators called Pivots.mq4 from MLaden over at Forex-TSD. It allows you to plot Fibos. (as well as the normal pivots and it's MTF)

The other Modification I made is that I replaced his NonLagMA_7.1 to a much better version also from Mladen. By using this indicator I found that I was able to get much earlier signals (at least 2 or 3 bars) ahead of of his supplied indicator.
Other than that the other indicator and EA (which is used for exits only) is all still his)
The creator of this system is DarkOnix

ps: My handle on Forex-TSD is "Codex". You will see my post where I tell him about this updated NonlagMa - NRP.

NOTE: At the moment this system is optimized for the EURUSD pair on a 15 min time frame. I am following this thread in the hope that other followers will post newer settings for other pairs)

Code:
http://www.forex-tsd.com/manual-trading-systems/28016-money-making-manual-trading-system.html
And attached is my enhancements with template (you may want to change the colors, I did it a little quickly.)

Cheers
StaticX

StaticX

Here is something interesting.

Apparently the one indicator that he uses called "SSL_fast_sBar_alert_mtf"

is actually the "MEGATREND SiteLite III" indicator. Well to be more truthful "MEGATREND SiteLite III" IS actually "SSL_fast_sBar_alert_mtf" :)

Cheers
StaticX

I can't remember my password for FxTsd and even though it says it has emailed my reset info, I have no email... :( ...are you allowed to post his stuff on our forum?

StaticX

Sure, here are the indicators as he posted them on his thread. All I have done is place them in a folder called "DarkOnix System" and zipped it.

Here is his first post: His name is Darkonix.

Dear All,

As this is my first post on this forum you may think that i am a newbie which i am for sure in comparing with some forex gurus like Igorad, but after spending couple of years in losing money, researching, losing money, researching and finally earning money i don't feel like one.

I wish to express my gratitude to all great coders (which i am not) by sharing with all of you one simple but above all profitable trading system which is using some very well known indicators.

There were couple of guidelines for me while i was searching for best combination that will not require constant monitoring like many other manual trading systems but that is not fully automated like an most of EA`s. (I still believe that trading experience is irreplaceable and non of the EA's can have that.)

1. Indicators does not repaint the past
2. To have email alert function
3. MTF option for filtering
4. To be suitable for 15min time frame (personally believe the best for intraday trading)

This system is mainly configured for EUR/USD 15min and Its made from following indicators:

IN10NTION news reader
NonLagMA v7.1_emailalert (length 40 , Pct filter 0.5)
SSL_fast_sBar_alert_mtf (lb 10 , time frame 240) *will act as filter for NonLagma

and in a addition StepStopExpert_v1.1 EA for exits.

In order to understand better the system i am attaching the screenshoot together with the following guidelines:

How to use it:

Go Short :

When NonLagMA send the signal for changing the direction to down trend (red color) and SSL is red (on 4h time frame will act as filter)

Go Long :

The opposite from short (everything should be green)

Trading rules

1. Follow the signals received only in between 6h00 GMT - 21h00GMT
2. Option "AlertAfterBarClose" in SSL fast sBar should be "true"!
3. Never trade against SSL fast sBar indicator color!
4. For exits use following choice's:
-StepStopExpert EA
-manually set TP60 and SL30
-IN10NTION news reader TdFibo lines
-NonLagMA color change

To wrap up, as any other system it has its pluses and minuses and it does not represent holy grail but if system is used properly and all rules are followed can have winning rate of 80-90% with very low draw down in pips.

I am looking forward for your suggestions for improvement, or anyone brave who can create EA based on this strategy by combining this indicators.

Happy trading to all!

StaticX

Errrrm, is it me or has this guy just discovered the cup that was placed next to the Holy Grail?

(Not quite the HG, but it is dam consistent as you watch your SR areas and use those Pivots or Fibo lines it's a pretty solid strategy)

StaticX,

I agree, and I am often encouraged by your enthusiasm. I am watching this system now and it is very psychologically simple (can't think of a better way to say that), which is a relief for me because I need simple. Right now I have added the Fx Sniper CCI set to 89 as someone suggested, with overlying EMA 14 set to first indicator's data.

Looks like this setup on the 15m, waiting on an open AND close of each candle above/below the 40 MA has a very accurate entry, 89 CCI above/below the zero line very accurate exit. Also, if you change to a line chart, I notice the pivots REALLY show accurate with a flat price line often.

I do wish I understood the indicators more, like you and other seem to. For now I just have to go with what looks good...? lol

...and your template colors are very easy on the eyes BTW.

radicaltour

VIP Member
i agree this system is pretty good.
Doing some backtesting showed me that it's best to trade it manually. An EA would suffer a lot whipsaws because the entries are usually after a strong up move and so the next few bars you'll be in drawdowns (or get stopped out prematurely). Using the MA for exits seems worst than setting a hard TP of 50-60 pips.

So the next thing to do i guess, is to try this system on our range bar chart (if we can) and also compare to the woodies-cci.

StaticX

Hi radicaltour,

You should have a look at applying a zerolag macd to the range bar charts.

Play around with the settings a bit, I tried 12, 24, 9 but needs tweaking, but there is definitely something there.... especially when you watch where the signal line crosses into / out of the cloud.

I have attached a very good zero lag macd, just go into it's parameters and where is says "MACDType" choose 1.

(Other values for this parameter are:
0 - regular'MACD
1 - ZeroLag MACD
2 - MACDofRSI
3 - MACDofMomentum
4 - MACDofCCI)

Cheers
StaticX

Attachments

sreesimha

Hi StaticX,

Was wondering if you have the updated "SSL_fast_sBar_alert_mtf" so that it did not repaint. indis you have mentioned in the other forum(where you got this strategy from) by any chance?

Thanks,

Sree.

StaticX

Yip here they are: Chart version and Histo version.

The "SSL...." indicator is actually the GANN High Low indi. This version was coded by Mladen (who's indicators are much sort after in this industry, as he really puts his heart and soul into them. He is extremely knowledgable about all types of technical indicators and sometimes even creates new ones based on articles he reads. All of his indicators do not repaint and they are all multi time frame)

With regards to the repainting, if any, Mladen usually specifically tells the guys the reason for the repaint etc.. he often explains that the nature of the indicator sometimes requires it to repaint.

Anyway the attached indis do not repaint. I personally like using the histo versions. Keeps my charts clean.

Cheers
StaticX

Attachments

StaticX

This is a really fun little strategy. I love Mommytrades enhancements (very nice indeed :) ) Especially since it's a 15 min chart, nice action.

I am trading this strategy as a filler to the other strategy that I posted about the 2 CCI indicators. (Which is a 4 hour strategy)

I am a little bit a of a "fan boy" when it comes to anything that makes use of the CCI indicator (hence woodies) When I first got into trading it was one of the first indicators that I had learnt to trade with. Since then I have discovered that it is a leading indicator and not a lagging indicator and that it really does help with determining the mindset of the "herd". http://dynamicdrive.com/

My very first strategy that I created for myself made use of a default CCI and support and resistance areas, that was it.... back then I fell into the correlation trap as I had no clue that various currency pairs had either negative or positive correlation with each other.
(Please if anyone does not know this I will gladly post about it, I lost a lot of $$$ because I was doubling my risk etc... at the moment when I am unsure I use Hector's correlation indicator, it's really raw and basic, but it helps)

As for the simplistic nature of this strategy it's definitely one that I will be keeping around. I love simplicity. The less cluttered my charts are the better.

ps: Try this little enhancement out.
So you would have already added the first SSL indicator and set it to a 4H timeframe. Now added a 2nd SSL and this time set it to the 1H.
It now appears that you can trade the "retracements" as well :)

Cheers
StaticX

xard777

This is a really fun little strategy. I love Mommytrades enhancements (very nice indeed :) ) Especially since it's a 15 min chart, nice action.

Cheers
StaticX
Hi StaticX,

Based on what I have read on this thread I have put together a trading package for you to try out - based on 30m, 15 & 5m Tfs

The Gannline 104 controls the main intraday trend for the 30m TF
which is set as mtf for 15m & 5m chart TFs

All the best

Xard777

H

hermes

StaticX you broke for sure a record in Danke Schon!
Congratulation
Hermes

StaticX

Thanks Hermes :)

Xard777, I am going to try your trading pack out. That "blue" and "pinkish" wave indicator at the bottom of your chart looks interesting.

Cheers
StaticX

StaticX

Scwon, here is XARD777 thread over at Forex-TSD.

Code:
[URL="http://www.forex-tsd.com/suggestions-trading-systems/21030-trading-system-xard777.html"]XARD777 Thread[/URL]
Cheers
StaticX

jdsim1

I am trading this strategy as a filler to the other strategy that I posted about the 2 CCI indicators. (Which is a 4 hour strategy)

I am a little bit a of a "fan boy" when it comes to anything that makes use of the CCI indicator (hence woodies) When I first got into trading it was one of the first indicators that I had learnt to trade with. Since then I have discovered that it is a leading indicator and not a lagging indicator and that it really does help with determining the mindset of the "herd".

My very first strategy that I created for myself made use of a default CCI and support and resistance areas, that was it.... back then I fell into the correlation trap as I had no clue that various currency pairs had either negative or positive correlation with each other.
(Please if anyone does not know this I will gladly post about it, I lost a lot of $$$ because I was doubling my risk etc... at the moment when I am unsure I use Hector's correlation indicator, it's really raw and basic, but it helps)

As for the simplistic nature of this strategy it's definitely one that I will be keeping around. I love simplicity. The less cluttered my charts are the better.

ps: Try this little enhancement out.
So you would have already added the first SSL indicator and set it to a 4H timeframe. Now added a 2nd SSL and this time set it to the 1H.
It now appears that you can trade the "retracements" as well :)

Cheers
StaticX

can you point me to your 4hr (2 CCI) strategy? Ive been tooling around with something like that and I am interested in your perspective

christian

recovery password via special form in the site

recovery password via special form in the site

I can't remember my password for FxTsd and even though it says it has emailed my reset info, I have no email... :( ...are you allowed to post his stuff on our forum?
You can recovery password via special form on their site

devonfgu

hello StaticX!

hello StaticX!

Hello StaticX,

I am sorry for about are you still using this system on your trading ? :confused:

Best Regard !

maybe this might help some traders

maybe this might help some traders

i found this thread quite helpful and i tweaked it a bit for daily charts and i also modified one of my indicators i added a TD2 andTD3 indicator and changed the nonlagMA-v7.1 to 10 in the inputs section and it looks quite promising really enjoyed reading this entire thread and thanks to everyone that contributed

one to one coaching