one to one coaching

modification to MFI

vadimt

Hi,

I need a modification to MFI indicator.., with alerts popping up when there is a combination of these colors in the MFI indicator "pink-green" "pink-blue". Please someone with the knowledge of mql4 help me with this. thanks a lot in advance.

vadimt

Hi Stovedude,

i should say you are a saviour and people of your kind who are willing to help are rare to come by.., thanks a lot. I've attached the indicator. thanks again.

Attachments

vadimt

Hi,

an alert (popup) showing when "pink-green" in the order given come up., like pink bar followed by green.., and pink followed by blue..,

stovedude

I'll try to do that tomorrow. Do you want special wording, such as "level one alert" for pink-green, or just "Pink-green alert"?

vadimt

HI,

Nothing special.., just if it can pop up with which currency pair that combination has occured would be great. thanks a lot again.

vadimt

Hi Stovedude..,

I also would like one more addition.., which would be like.., i should be able to choose these options.., say.., i should be able to choose the indicator for a currency to show only "pink-green" and not the other ..is it possible?

vadimt

Hi Stovedude,

u just told what was on my mind.., i thought oh.., maybe Stovedude forgot it somehow :confused:.,. but i should say i'm really thankful from the bottom of my heart to God for giving us such a lovely person and to Stovedude for being such a lovely person.

stovedude

I see that the BWMFI can sometimes change the last closed bar's color (reasonably sure anyway), and the alert may change.

vadimt

Hi Stovedude..,

yes.., this is really some strange thing.., since mfi starts out with a blue bar whenever a candle starts forming..,and only changes to the concerned color after the candle is over.., is there a possibility that this can be fixed?

vadimt

Hello Vadimt,
do you mind sharing your ideas on how to use MFI for entry/exit?
Thank you very much.
Hi Radicaltour..,

It is nothing special.., it is just a subjective thing and i use others to confirm my entry.., but somehow i've gotten adjusted to this mfi thing that is all...,

Green=shows more participation
blue = fake moves
pink = both bulls and bears are tied
brown = no interest in any movement.

stovedude

Each bar starts out blue because volume is low. As volume increases it will get shorter, and if volume exceeds the previous candle, it will change color. If MFI and volume is more than the previous candle, it will turn green. If MFI and volume is less than previous, it will be saddle-brown. If MFI decreases and volume increases, it will be pink. Now MFI is calculated by (High-Low)/Volume, so MFI will be inversely related to volume.

one to one coaching