one to one coaching

MQL Question

eggzactly

Hi all,

Let me put this simple :

I have an indicator that i put 2 times on same window with different scales ( fixed minimum & fixed maximum ), then i have moving averages, all with shift values. Is possible to create an EA on crosses of this indicator and moving averages ?

Thanks in advance

regards,

eggzactly

Attachments

stovedude

If the indicators plot different ranges, it can be hard. There are some special computations you can make, but the final outcome may be different. In other words, if you scroll the chart to the left and right, and if the crossing areas change positions slightly, it will be very difficult.

eggzactly

If the indicators plot different ranges, it can be hard. There are some special computations you can make, but the final outcome may be different. In other words, if you scroll the chart to the left and right, and if the crossing areas change positions slightly, it will be very difficult.
Hi stovedude,

No that?s why i always stick with fixed minimum and maximum for indicator, that way we scroll the chart and the areas don?t move.
So you think is possible ?

regards,

saxon

If it can be shown on screen, it can be programmed to be understood by the computer. The only problem is repainting :)

Post indicators and I'm sure I could have a look if Stovedude does not beat me to it :D

eggzactly

Unfortunately i am not allowed to put indicator code to public. If you can give me a way i can code this i apprecciate a lot.

Indicators does not repaint so that is not a problem at all.

How i define the EA to identify the different scales ( maximum/minimum ) of indicator ?

The shift moving averages i have done already and is ok, but due to the maximum / minimum scales the signals are not correct.

Thanks for the help.

regards,

stovedude

Here is some code to put into it. Should work. Unfortunately, I couldn't attach it (for some crazy reason the Manage Attachment button was missing), so here it is.

one to one coaching