My trade closing by itself

fio

I traded long gbp/usd pair last thursday and the trade closed out on me by itself on friday. It did not hit the sl and neither was there a margin call. I chatted with the live support from the broker and they made me fill up a dealing claim form. Am i going to be compensated for the loss or will they reopen my closed trade? Or is there nothing that I can do about it? Pls I need your input and advice. Thnx.

stovedude

I traded long gbp/usd pair last thursday and the trade closed out on me by itself on friday. It did not hit the sl and neither was there a margin call. I chatted with the live support from the broker and they made me fill up a dealing claim form. Am i going to be compensated for the loss or will they reopen my closed trade? Or is there nothing that I can do about it? Pls I need your input and advice. Thnx.

A good reputable broker would investigate the reason. They can determine what closed it. However, they may not share the true reason, and may try to place the blame elsewhere. The reasonable solution for everybody is to return the loss and reopen the trade (actually, it will be a little more complicated than that). That way, fair is fair, and that's probably what they will do.

fio

Thanks stovedude for ur reply. What are the chances that they will reopen my trade or even compensate me for the losses? I lost $3.6k plus usd on that closed trade. Now the market is recovering. And when i turned on my mt4 yesterday, there was an update. Could it be that the previous version had a glitch that caused my trade to close? ps I also have another mt4 broker but on a demo account trading the same pair but it did not close out on me.

Tinojazz

Professional Trader Since 2007
VIP Member
Thanks stovedude for ur reply. What are the chances that they will reopen my trade or even compensate me for the losses? I lost $3.6k plus usd on that closed trade. Now the market is recovering. And when i turned on my mt4 yesterday, there was an update. Could it be that the previous version had a glitch that caused my trade to close? ps I also have another mt4 broker but on a demo account trading the same pair but it did not close out on me.
Can you please give me detail which broker is it, what type of account and leverage you have, what was your balance and equity in that time when order was closed from broker and what exactly agent tells you on live chat?

fio

I don't think that it will be fair to name the broker as they are still pending investigation. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Mine is a standard account with a leverage of 1:200 or 1:300. I am not sure cos I wasn't given an option to choose. But it is definetly more than 1:100. I was left with about $633 when my trade was closed. The live chat agent just told me to fill in a claim form and their representative called me yesterday to submit my trading log report which I did. From my trading report, there was no indication log that my trade was even closed at all. Yet mysteriously my trade closed on my mt4 account. If you need any more enquiries, feel free to ask me and I can email it to you.

Tinojazz

VIP Member
I don't think that it will be fair to name the broker as they are still pending investigation. I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Mine is a standard account with a leverage of 1:200 or 1:300. I am not sure cos I wasn't given an option to choose. But it is definetly more than 1:100. I was left with about $633 when my trade was closed. The live chat agent just told me to fill in a claim form and their representative called me yesterday to submit my trading log report which I did. From my trading report, there was no indication log that my trade was even closed at all. Yet mysteriously my trade closed on my mt4 account. If you need any more enquiries, feel free to ask me and I can email it to you.
I am sorry to hear that, but you are sure that was no margin call before they cut your position?

fio

Absolutely sure. The market went even lower before it was closed without any margin call warning. It only closed when the market was going up slightly. Then yesterday, the market recovered drastically. It would have hit my tp if my trade wasn't prematurely closed.

fio

Could it be caused by a bad tick? Cos this was what it indicated on my trading log report.

22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF43200 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF10080 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF1440 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF240 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF60 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF30 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF15 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF5 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF1 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:28 '11512347': modify order #386225 buy 2.00 GBPUSD at 1.62280 sl: 1.60176 tp: 1.62282 -> sl: 1.59966 tp: 1.62282
22:48:28 '11512347': request was accepted by server

My trade closed at 22:48, the same time I modified my sl.
If I were to closed my trade manually or if any open trade were to hit the tp or sl, they will indicate it on the trading log report. My trade just mysteriuosly dissapeared.

Tinojazz

VIP Member
Could it be caused by a bad tick? Cos this was what it indicated on my trading log report.

22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF43200 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF10080 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF1440 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF240 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF60 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF30 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF15 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF5 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:27 Old tick GBPCHF1 1.49378/1.49435
22:48:28 '11512347': modify order #386225 buy 2.00 GBPUSD at 1.62280 sl: 1.60176 tp: 1.62282 -> sl: 1.59966 tp: 1.62282
22:48:28 '11512347': request was accepted by server

My trade closed at 22:48, the same time I modified my sl.
If I were to closed my trade manually or if any open trade were to hit the tp or sl, they will indicate it on the trading log report. My trade just mysteriuosly dissapeared.

Ohh dear, that is becouse spreads at 23.00h are much bigger becouse roll overm calculating swaps. Spread have kill your position, specialy on that kind of pairs like GBP-CHF spread could be more than 20 in this time, depence of broker.....

fio

I traded gbp/usd. And if any trade were to ever close, it will be logged into the trading log. Mine did not.

fio

There was no log report at all of my trade closing on my trade report, yet it was closed out by itself on my mt4 account. And my trade was closed when the market was slowly recovering.

radicaltour

VIP Member
This sounds like a market manipulation by the broker. Do you know if the broker guarantees that they don't have a dealing desk?
I've had this happen before but it's usually based on a bad spike (of 30 pips or more) in price...and the broker usually refund my loss.

fio

That was what they claimed, that they are an ecn broker. But from my understanding an ecn broker can't accept swap free account or islamic account cos you are dealing straight with the bank and not through them. But somehow they accept a swap free account. They just emailed me today claiming that my trade hit the sl which I swear that it did not. I was there to witness my account being closed out by itself.

fio

Could modifying your sl caused a trade to close? Cos that was what happened to mine. I modified my sl and my trade just closed out on me, though I never heard or know of any such thing ever occured before. I really need to get to the bottom of this matter. If it is a broker manipulation, then I am going to launch an all out war with them but if its my fault then I have got nothing to say but to just accept my losses and move on.

radicaltour

VIP Member
i'm not sure what else you can do, but i do suggest that you let the Broker know you'll be posting your issue to forums and review sites everywhere.
This may be your last move to get some of your money back.
Can you take a screenshot of your chart on the exact time that you got stopped out? If the chart shows a candle that is 30 pips away from your stop loss then that is one of the proof you have.
Can you please post the screenshot here too if you don't mind?

fio

This is the screenshot. I would like to emphasize that my margin call never once reached below 100%. If it did, I would have deposited more money into my account to ride out the trend. I erased the broker's name and logo cos I do not want to expose them till I get to the bottom of this matter. One bad review can kill a Forex broker company and I do not want to do that. Everyone is innocent till proven guilty.

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 0

fio

Just a quick update, I live chat with 2 other brokers and they told me that every opened and closed trades will be logged into the trading log report. My trade that was closed out on me did not. I am still awaiting an answer from my broker regarding this matter.

radicaltour

VIP Member
i'm sorry i couldn't read the screenshot due to the re-sizing.
So how many pips away was Price when your order got stopped out?
Was it 20 pips away from your stop loss?

fio

This sounds like a market manipulation by the broker. Do you know if the broker guarantees that they don't have a dealing desk?
I've had this happen before but it's usually based on a bad spike (of 30 pips or more) in price...and the broker usually refund my loss.

How much did they refund you?

Tinojazz

VIP Member
How much did they refund you?
When you say : is not fair to tell the broker name in one of your posts, and do they are fair with your case? So when you see the reality every broker is the trader enemy , in this case you should talk with general mennager, not on live chat with agents. Anyway if they dont want to look your problem, just shoot with last "weapon": and that is: you must to blackmail somehow. Examplle say to them that you will share to all forums the true...
Show to them this link to see that you are steel fair and you dont discover their company. They will think twice then.... I wish you luck

fio

Like I said, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt till I get to the root of this matter. I am still awaiting for their answer and explaination about why my trade got closed out and it wasn't even reflected in my trading log report. Till then I am holding out on revealing the broker's identity.

radicaltour

VIP Member
my losses were in the hundreds and not thousands like yours.
But 200 pips away from your SL is such a strong case for you.
The broker can't possibly deny this.
Is there any chance you accidentally closed it out or an EA maybe?

Aurix Exchange