my trade journal fx-pips

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fx-pips

My Trade Diary.
This is not a signal service. Neither a place to discuss my trades nor system. This is me putting my thoughts and actions in a journal. I am talking to myself, when you see notes other than trades. It is a way to keep track of what I did and what I have to do.

I will take trade at a price where I really can't lose. That's the KEY in my setup.

I will edit post#1 as I take new trades.
I watch the chart when I get alerted by email.
Since the signal is based on higher TF, it will take a while to hit TP.
I don't sit at terminal and monitor constantly. I only do sporadic monitoring.
Best of all, I don't worry about news as it will only push the trade towards target.

I don't set STOPs as I know my trades; next signal is my exit.
If you want, use your own STOPs and manage the trade as you wish.

Week Starts
11/12/2012 12:00am EST
Short AU at 1.04188; SL 1.04285+spread; TP1 1.0370; TP2 1.0340
TP1 got hit and did not wait for TP2 to hit; closed at 1.0350.

11/12/2012 2:00am EST
Short XAUUSD at 1734.00; SL 1736; TP1 1725 TP2 1715
TP1 got hit and had set BE. since it came close to the original entry level again, took reentries.
TP2 also got hit.

11/12/2012 11:00pm EST
Scale-In Entry
Short EURUSD 1.2683; TP 1.2650
This one was closed at few pips gain along with other EU shorts.

11/13/2012 4.30am EST
Short GBPUSD at 5892 and 5900; TP1 5800 TP2 5765
Both trades are set to BE now.
closed both the trades manually at 5830.

that's all the trades for this week; Good night people.

Adding one more trade this week.
11/15/2012 10.00am EST
Long AUDUSD 1.0325 TP 50pips or so.
Closed one trade at 1.0347; set BE and TP 1.0375 for the second one.
TP 1.0375 got hit(11/18).

Let me end this week with a prayer.

Dear Lord, Thank you for this great opportunity. I was not successful during my initial days and all my money were going to drain. You showed me right people at the right time. With that I had acquired knowledge and then learned how to apply that knowledge to trade successfully. I believe in my heart that WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE; in that all, the Fx Trading is also there. Thank you Lord, for being kind and forgiving and also for making this journey as pleasant as it could. Thank you again.

Om.

That's all this week.
Have a joyful weekend people!!!

Week Ends
Week Starts
11/18/2012
took a trade in USDJPY; went in with nice sized lot. even 50pips will make few grands. lets see

fx-pips

Though, I posted the trades with SL, personally I am not using any STOPs. All I know is price will get to the TP levels. may be if someone can help to establish good stops, that will be a good addition.

I will keep posting my trades.

long setup is forming in Gold.

Good luck. Where is your stop?

Brumby

Though, I posted the trades with SL, personally I am not using any STOPs. All I know is price will get to the TP levels. may be if someone can help to establish good stops, that will be a good addition.
Stop is an integral part of your trade plan. The trade journal is no more than a diarize record of how you intend to execute, manage and eventually close your position. A good stop is only as good as your trade plan - not someone else view of where your stop should be.

You said that you don't use stops because price will get to your TP levels. What happens if it doesn't and it continues to go against you - at what point do you say your view is wrong? If you don't determine that up front, the decision making process becomes more clouded if and when the position starts to go against you. This pathway has been taken by many traders who have blown accounts. It is called not cutting your losses but letting it run.

fx-pips

Refer first post.

Stop is an integral part of your trade plan. The trade journal is no more than a diarize record of how you intend to execute, manage and eventually close your position. A good stop is only as good as your trade plan - not someone else view of where your stop should be.

You said that you don't use stops because price will get to your TP levels. What happens if it doesn't and it continues to go against you - at what point do you say your view is wrong? If you don't determine that up front, the decision making process becomes more clouded if and when the position starts to go against you. This pathway has been taken by many traders who have blown accounts. It is called not cutting your losses but letting it run.

fx-pips

enough pips and money for this week. I guess I spent total 4hours or less in these trades that also includes time spent in this thread. lol

fx-pips

there is no excitement in trading after knowing that the trade will turn as expected. what a difference from early days... those were exciting as I was looking for profit and even few pips made me so excited. now its a boring activity...just another waiting game...huh...

fx-pips

I converted my system into mq4 file. I am also writing that in c++ to make that as dll file.
anyway, it is really nice to see the indicator in action.
Do I make that as Expert Advisor, probably not. I like to trade manually; I also have the setup on the side to see if the indicator misreads any data.
glad I spent the weekend on this mq4 file; now I have to do minimal check only. just check with higher TF...really cool...
oh...this system still needs a repainting indicator on the chart...but that's ok; don't want add that condition in my code.

good night people; time to sleep. :)

fx-pips

If you are looking for any system or indicator, back off... this is NOT a place...

I am sharing my activities, just to give confidence to the traders who are having no success yet. not to sell/share any of my methods.

that's the reason I have this thread in Journal section.

To be successful in any field, all I have to know is, there is one person who made it....same here...I had fails in the past...now things changed...same with you or any person who is reading this thread, just keep working, you will get what you deserve, not what you need.

so are you gonna share the indicator ?

congrats

lff75

My Trade Diary.
This is not a signal service. Neither a place to discuss my trades nor system. This is me putting my thoughts and actions in a journal. I am talking to myself, when you see notes other than trades. It is a way to keep track of what I did and what I have to do.

I will take trade at a price where I really can't lose. That's the KEY in my setup.

Let me end this week with a prayer.

Dear Lord, Thank you for this great opportunity. I was not successful during my initial days and all my money were going to drain. You showed me right people at the right time. With that I had acquired knowledge and then learned how to apply that knowledge to trade successfully. I believe in my heart that WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE; in that all, the Fx Trading is also there. Thank you Lord, for being kind and forgiving and also for making this journey as pleasant as it could. Thank you again.

Hello Fx-pips,

although I understand very well that you do not want to "give" your system that works for you,
I think you could enlighten our community giving, who are the people that God has put you on your way,
and what is this "knowledge" (studies, systems' books, threads ...) that allowed you to become a profitable trader.

Thank your God with prayer, is certainly honorable,
but thank the people who helped you, some in this forum, I suppose, is not bad either.

Some links to this "knowledge" would be welcome.

Thank you in advance.

fx-pips

The Sell and Share requests won't be honored, End of discussion.

I was in search of knowledge and I found people with His help.

I paid heavily to those people, most just wanted the dollars...lol...that's human nature and it was ok as I know there will be couple of people who will exchange knowledge for the price I paid. There is no free meal; you have to pay the price. Don't expect someone to give either free food or free ride.

All that knowledge led me to one place. And from there I devised my own and things started getting better and better.

I don't respond anymore for this kind of system/setup/indicator requests. I shut that door.

Trades and activities will be posted as usual in post#1.

And again I remind you people, this is my Trade and Activity Diary; not a place for anything else;

Hello Fx-pips,

although I understand very well that you do not want to "give" your system that works for you,
I think you could enlighten our community giving, who are the people that God has put you on your way,
and what is this "knowledge" (studies, systems' books, threads ...) that allowed you to become a profitable trader.

Thank your God with prayer, is certainly honorable,
but thank the people who helped you, some in this forum, I suppose, is not bad either.

Some links to this "knowledge" would be welcome.

Thank you in advance.

lff75

The Sell and Share requests won't be honored, End of discussion.

I was in search of knowledge and I found people with His help.

I paid heavily to those people, most just wanted the dollars...lol...that's human nature and it was ok as I know there will be couple of people who will exchange knowledge for the price I paid. There is no free meal; you have to pay the price. Don't expect someone to give either free food or free ride.

All that knowledge led me to one place. And from there I devised my own and things started getting better and better.

I don't respond anymore for this kind of system/setup/indicator requests. I shut that door.

Trades and activities will be posted as usual in post#1.

And again I remind you people, this is my Trade and Activity Diary; not a place for anything else;

Waoouh, I do not think I have been discourteous in my first post with you.

You do not seem to understand, I've not asked your system, I do not care.

But if you can not give links to threads or people that you have found interesting, you should not post on this forum, which is a forum for support and sharing.
In some of your previous posts, you asked for help and links of systems.

Your religious fervor is really fun and seems inconsistent with your narrow-minded attitude.
I leave you to your intellectual masturbation.

fx-pips

First of all, if you don't care you should not be posting in this thread at all.

All the people were personally contacted; those were all one to one talk which lasted for several days, either in their place or over Skype. I traveled to meet them regardless of distance.

I challenge you to do the same and see if you can find people and ask them around. You need good resources as well; it is not easy to travel London, Singapore, Shanghai and quite a few other places and spending days away from home.

I guess, you are trying to send something to me in your last post....
I am not accepting your words and sending them back to you.
I am not asking mods to remove this either as this will reveal you to others.
and my last suggestion to you is just GROW UP.

Waoouh, I do not think I have been discourteous in my first post with you.

You do not seem to understand, I've not asked your system, I do not care.

But if you can not give links to threads or people that you have found interesting, you should not post on this forum, which is a forum for support and sharing.
In some of your previous posts, you asked for help and links of systems.

Your religious fervor is really fun and seems inconsistent with your narrow-minded attitude.
I leave you to your intellectual masturbation.

fx-pips

I will post my journal somewhere else; it is common sense to know that this thread is posted in Journal section, not in Trading systems section; still people think they have the right to know what others are using; it seems really odd to me. I am not critical about people asking systems in the section where systems are shared. when someone comes to journal and still have nerve to ask the system or any info, I don't know what to say.

good bye everyone.

one to one coaching