Aurix Exchange

NEED HELP with BULLETPROOF 450$ restriction

barton

Hi :)
I like to start new micro account (about 150$) with high risk settings using bulletproof.
Unfortunately EA refuse to trade eur/usd under 450$ and eur/jpy under 4000$. Can anyone unlock it?
Stovedude ? :D

Please :)

H

hermes

Do you have some link to the WS of FX BulletProof? It could be a Martingale madness when it ask for big account.
Thanks hermes

Capella

VIP Member
Hi :)
I like to start new micro account (about 150$) with high risk settings using bulletproof.
Unfortunately EA refuse to trade eur/usd under 450$ and eur/jpy under 4000$. Can anyone unlock it?
Stovedude ? :D

Please :)

Here it is...

Enjoy :)

Ps. I did a quick test in StrategyTester, and noticed that it used 2 as the Martingale increasing factor, which means that it doubles the lot size. This is madness, and can only be used on very big accounts using the lowest possible lotsize. I strongly advice to ***NOT*** use this EA on a live account.

barton

Ps. I did a quick test in StrategyTester, and noticed that it used 2 as the Martingale increasing factor, which means that it doubles the lot size. This is madness, and can only be used on very big accounts using the lowest possible lotsize. I strongly advice to ***NOT*** use this EA on a live account.

Thank you ever so much!
I use bulletproof about one year now on life accounts, and I had just one big drop.
She is so reliable its almost boring... :). I have about 5% every month - not so much but almost stress free. Now its time to do some crazy trading :cool:

barton

It doesn't work. Still ask for 450$ regardless change in settings to 1$. I think something have to be hard coded in dll file. I used dll from my previous edu version.
Please advice

Capella

VIP Member
It doesn't work. Still ask for 450$ regardless change in settings to 1$. I think something have to be hard coded in dll file. I used dll from my previous edu version.
Please advice

I only changed the two variables to externals, so the settings 4000 and 450 could be changed. Looking through the code, I'm quite sure that this is NOT calculated form the DLL-file but within the program code as such. And they are used as limits for when to switch from mini lots to micro-lots. And for this reason, I don't think it's a good idea to change any of these external variables to 1. If your account is $250 then change the 450 and/or 4000 to 200 instead, but not to a too low value. But understand, that doing so also means that you trade with a much higher risk to crash your account.

You can try and compare with a demo-account, or in StrategyTester, where you can use larger amounts.

Finally. Even though BulletProof works well in StrategyTester, it's a fact that it uses 2 as the multiplying factor for its Martingale calculation. There's nothing wrong the Martingale strategy - if one fully understand what it mean. But it's very dangerous with 2 as multiplying factor if the starting lot size is too large.

Compare a micro lot size that multiplies 10 times (which is possible)...

0.01 becomes 0.02 -> 0.04 -> 0.08 -> 0.16 -> 0.32 -> 0.64 -> 1.28 -> 2.56 -> 5.12 -> 10.24

...with a mini-lot that multiplies the same 10 times.

0.1 becomes -> 0.2 -> 0.4 -> 0.8 -> 1.6 -> 3.2 -> 6.4 -> 12.8 -> 25.6 -> 51.2 -> 102.4

Starting from a micro-lot could hopefully result in that your account survies a huge drawdown, but using a mini-lot will certainly wipe out the account.

barton

Bulletproof trades martingale with ~7 pips step and always long 5-8 pm GMT (eur/usd retracement ). It doubles lot size only if price go down. If price continue to go down the step become larger about 20 pips (after 5th trade). then another 20 pips which is very very rare, and then if price continue to go down it close all trades. Each trade is closed with 7 pips in profit.
I would like to trade it on small account with 10 times bigger risk because I'm convinced that this EA is very smart and reliable.

Capella

VIP Member
Any chance some one could take off 450$ restriction please

I did. I changed gd_124 and gd_140 to externals. The program code look like this...

---------------------------------------------------------------
extern double gd_100 = 0.01;
extern double EURUSDLots = 0.09;
extern double USDJPYLots = 0.01;
extern string MinimumEURJPY = "--- Minimum $ for EUR/JPY --- ";
extern double gd_124 = 4000.0;
extern string MinimumEURUSD = "--- Minimum $ for EUR/USD ---";
extern double gd_140 = 450.0;
extern double EURUSDLiteLots = 0.01;
if (AdaptLots)
{
if (AccountBalance() >= gd_124)​
ld_12 = GetLotsToBid(gd_100, gd_124);​
else
ld_12 = GetLotsToBid(EURUSDLiteLots, gd_140);​
}
-------------------------------------------------------------------

This means that you can change the values for gd_124 and gd_140 to whatever you want from the Expert property -> Input section. But I don't recommend that you change them too much.

The program check to see if the account balance is higher or equal to the value of gd_124 (4000 by default), if so then it uses the value of gd_124 to calculate the size of the new lot. Otherwise it uses the value of gd_140 to calculate a new lot size. Note: It also uses the values either gd_100 or EURUSDLiteLots when it calculates the lot sizes, so you can also adjust the sizes for those values as well.

Note: The variable gd_140 (default value = 450) is only called once in the program (at the line
above).

========= Here's the latest version - I changed gd_100 to an external =======

barton

Thank you very much for your effort Capella. I changed all variables in EA properties as you advised Unfortunately it keep moaning "Insufficient account balance! The account balance should be not less than $450."

stovedude

Here is a stupid question, but worth asking: did you make sure the new .mq4 file is compiled first. If you already have an .ex4 from the earlier version, the platform will not compile it again, so you will be basically using the earlier version. You will either need to compile the new .mq4 with MetaEditor, or delete/rename the old .ex4 and restart the platform.

Capella

VIP Member
Thank you very much for your effort Capella. I changed all valuables in EA properties as you advised Unfortunately it keep moaning "Insufficient account balance! The account balance should be not less than $450."

Sorry for that. I noticed that the values "4000" and "450" was hardcoded somewhere else in the mq4-code, so I've now changed those fix values to their corresponding variables. The new version of the mq4-program can be found here...

I've also tested the program in StrategyTester with $2000 in Balance, and it works fine!

Aurix Exchange