one to one coaching

Nik-X Trade Journal

nikx

Hi All..

I thought that i would start posting my live results of testing. I have put together a basic strategy that i am trialing with various EA's

Firstly the ea must pass 99% back-test, I will then put it to work on a live cent account. I will try to post as much information as i possibly can about the system i am using, including the tests etc.

As i have no skill in programming and have taken a lot of info from this site hopefully some of you will find it useful!

Any questions, queries welcome :)

Account summary on this post - Will update as we add more systems

FOREX EA - TRADEFORT CENT ACCOUNT

FOREX EA - IBFX MINI ACCOUNT

FOREX EA - SYSTEM 2 TRADEFORT CENT ACCOUNT

nikx

FOREX GROWTH BOT

I have started this with my own optimized settings as of 8/4 -TradeFort cent
You must be registered for see images attach

FOREX ENVY Version 2.0 -TradeFort cent

"out of the box" settings for each pair
AUDNZD
AUDUSD
EURUSD
GBPUSD
USDCAD

FOREX HACKED - IBFX mini

Custom settings 25 pip start 35 TP max trades 9. (I will be withdrawing profit from this account as I don't expect it to last forever)

H-E SPIDER -TradeFort cent

"out of the box" setting.

high risk setting .. we will run this one :cool:

MDP - Plus -TradeFort cent
This has been optomised on 1pip spread see how it performs on Trade fort. I am trialing their new "newbie" account

GRID ME UP - Instaforex cent
Doesn't backtest very well at all, seems to be a lot of stuff going on, maybe someone could check the code and give a brief report? live test going forward - see what happens

ROBIN VOL - GoMarkets Australia $100 micro account

FOREX WARRIOR - GBP/USD Set 2 - $1000 IBFX Mini account

Brumby

FOREX GROWTH BOT

I have started this with my own optimized settings as of 8/4

FOREX ENVY Version 2.0

"out of the box" settings for each pair
AUDNZD
AUDUSD
EURUSD
GBPUSD
USDCAD

FOREX HACKED

Custom settings 25 pip start 35 TP max trades 9. (I will be withdrawing profit from this account as I don't expect it to last forever)

H-E SPIDER

"out of the box" setting.

high risk setting .. we will run this one :cool:
Interesting exercise. I hope that you keep this going as long as you can and to share the results with us. The problem with most EA's being shared in this Forum is (i) it is in a demo account and (ii) the test period is insignificant to form any conclusion.

How did you decide on the 4 EA's that you ended up running the test?

nikx

Interesting exercise. I hope that you keep this going as long as you can and to share the results with us. The problem with most EA's being shared in this Forum is (i) it is in a demo account and (ii) the test period is insignificant to form any conclusion.

How did you decide on the 4 EA's that you ended up running the test?
Hi Brumby,

Yea I intend to let them run.. if they blow so be it! all the results are on the first post, so i will leave them there.

The ones we are using are my favorites so far. I am wanting to have a portfolio that is mixed between grids/scalpers/Asian traders etc.

there are more to come and I am continually on the look out for good performers!

MDP is next, just finishing up with the optimization and it will be up!
FX Flash looks promising too..!! So many EAs to get through!

nikx

why not attach the ea and ur settings so that others can test them too on different brokers
All the Ea's we are testing, are available on this site (Warrior requires a subscription) Please by all means set up some tests. I would like to keep this thread REAL MONEY accounts only please. I have lots of Demos in test and will be bringing them out in time.

Cheers

adika

All the Ea's we are testing, are available on this site (Warrior requires a subscription) Please by all means set up some tests. I would like to keep this thread REAL MONEY accounts only please. I have lots of Demos in test and will be bringing them out in time.

Cheers
Great job! lets see together.

nikx

Am not liking the performance of MDP or Forex Growth Bot. Robin is looking pretty ugly too!! I know we talked about letting them run, but they are losing trade after trade.

What are the thoughts? do we let it run? change the strategy? So far the Grid systems are humming along nicely!!

Please feel free to comment

Brumby

Am not liking the performance of MDP or Forex Growth Bot. Robin is looking pretty ugly too!! I know we talked about letting them run, but they are losing trade after trade.

What are the thoughts? do we let it run? change the strategy? So far the Grid systems are humming along nicely!!

Please feel free to comment
Isn't it the objective to let it run for a sufficient period so that we assess the robustness of the system over a meaningful period rather than just a snapshot?

nikx

Isn't it the objective to let it run for a sufficient period so that we access the robustness of the system over a meaningful period rather than just a snapshot?
Yes most defiantly is, I see a lot of the scalping systems are taking a beating at the moment! lets hang in there then and see what happens!!

nikx

Another week with poor results from the scalping systems. I have also switched Warrior out with another EA to clean up the mess.. I will try this ea again with the set 1 and see what happens. I am getting results not even close to the FXWarrior page..

My Envy account is at 30K balance now and have upped AUD/NZD AUD/USD and USD/CAD to .02 GBP will go up at $35K and EUR at $40K

Good luck this coming week everybody!!

Brumby

Another week with poor results from the scalping systems. I have also switched Warrior out with another EA to clean up the mess.. I will try this ea again with the set 1 and see what happens. I am getting results not even close to the FXWarrior page..

My Envy account is at 30K balance now and have upped AUD/NZD AUD/USD and USD/CAD to .02 GBP will go up at $35K and EUR at $40K

Good luck this coming week everybody!!
How is the whole exercise progressing? Can you please give us an update. Thanks.

nikx

How is the whole exercise progressing? Can you please give us an update. Thanks.
Yep for sure.. Envy is still ticking along nicely. we are at 35K so i have put GBPUSD up to .02 lots EUR will follow at $40K

The scalpers were loosing day after day, so i have abandon the tests on those but have some good stuff coming up!!

Forex Warrior seems to have a very strange trading logic.. would be good to see inside. I like the idea of it trading with the trend, but for the price.. probably not worth it..

Hacked blew..

Spider is still trading but is up and down.. am still running this EA.

Grid me up also trades very strange. has days of winning then takes a big loss.. result + not worth the risk

Hope this helps

bluepanther

Isn't it the objective to let it run for a sufficient period so that we assess the robustness of the system over a meaningful period rather than just a snapshot?
I don't like letting losing systems continue to run. I don't mind the occasional odd loss, but you must consider profit factor, and the following:

Forex is the quickest way to become rich. Forex is also the quickest way to become poor.

Loss of 10% requires a gain of 11.11% to recover
Loss of 20% requires a gain of 25% to recover
Loss of 30% requires a gain of 42.86% to recover
Loss of 40% requires a gain of 66.67% to recover
Loss of 50% requires a gain of 100% to recover.

The odds are stacked against everyone. Harder to gain than to lose.

You want to keep losses as little as possible. Preferably 100% profitable trades (no loss) if you can make that happen! :cool:

Hey, I achieved this on my YANEMA PAMM account (with 0%DD) for January 2013, but then the manager stuffed up, so all the gains were wiped in one day in February 2013. They managed this with only 5 or so trades per day. IAMFX the broker was probably "in" on the whole shady deal.

bluepanther

Yep for sure.. Envy is still ticking along nicely. we are at 35K so i have put GBPUSD up to .02 lots EUR will follow at $40K

The scalpers were loosing day after day, so i have abandon the tests on those but have some good stuff coming up!!

Forex Warrior seems to have a very strange trading logic.. would be good to see inside. I like the idea of it trading with the trend, but for the price.. probably not worth it..

Hacked blew..

Spider is still trading but is up and down.. am still running this EA.

Grid me up also trades very strange. has days of winning then takes a big loss.. result + not worth the risk

Hope this helps
I think Hacked is still a very good EA, you just need to manage the risk. What did you set it to? I am thinking it is safe to use 0.01 lots per $1000 per pair (preferably $10,000 per pair). Considering my loss of $120k recently, I could have funded an account like that (wish I had).

I used the presets that came with the EA, but changed all pairs' martingale to 1.8. Each pair uses a different grid according to presets.

Keep up the good work! Glad some pps are waking up and realising demo is no comparison to real. You can't account for spreads and other real conditions on demo, so optimistic results are always produced (not as bad as back testing which can be curve-fitted, but still, unrealistic).

Brumby

I don't like letting losing systems continue to run. I don't mind the occasional odd loss, but you must consider profit factor,
Back tested results should provide sufficient framework to assess forward testing results. Ultimately, the sampling size has to be statistically significant to make a reasonable assessment. If initial losses are within the parameters of back tested results then it is still within tolerance. Not letting loosing system run defeats the purpose of testing. Losses are an integral part of the business of trading. There is a big difference in trading between avoidance and risk management - problem is the majority don't understand the difference

The one major problem I see in this forum is that judgment is quickly made on a system based on a few trades - good or bad.

one to one coaching