one to one coaching

please help add news filter: Steady Winner v4

tyt1

Hi appreciate anyone who can add news filter into this ea.

hxxp://rapidshare.c0m/files/444650784/SteadyWinnerV4.22.zip

grood

Take that. Not your version, but one I have been using for some time.

hxxp://www.multiupl0ad.com/JGXJF3WJVW

tyt1

thanks grood, one more thing, do you mind to explain to me what is the "Tf" and "POINT" in the setting?

bacplayer

Hi Grood

I intended to send a private message, but I am a new member here and cannot do so.

My name is Ming. I am the developer of SteadyWinner.Thank you for your interest in the EA and your effort to make it better.

We are now making V5.0 and want to incoporate the news filter function. But the programmer told me that this function cannot be backtested. We have to put it on demo parallel to a normal version to see the difference.

I wonder if you can supply us with some test results.
this will shorten our testing time greatly.

Thank you for your help.

Happy trading

Ming
steadywinner@gmail.com

Ormazd

As i've understood from steadywinner site. New version will come as signal service and will be not selling as stand alone EA.

bacplayer

The signal service will be ready soon. I will update the website and give more information.

But at the same time, we are going to issue a new version, V5.0.
We are now doing 99% backtesting and have incoporated many suggestions and improvement from users in differenct forums.

Ming

grood

Sounds good, I will definitely buy the new version!

And sorry, I have no idea how to backtest with news filter enabled :( This would be really helpful indeed.

jyrik

I can make ea what can make backtests with news filter. Put it would not work on forward testing. For forward testing there must be make another ea. I use this kind of method first will make ea add backtesting news filter to an ea try to test it with different settings and then if news filter helps then will make another ea what is working in live testing. NEWS FILTER DOES NOT HELP ALWAYS.

jyrik

And your ea has time filter also. And you should calculate time-shift correctly in your .csv and .hst files. If you use timefilter. It makes very big difference in most eas.

stovedude

I can make ea what can make backtests with news filter. Put it would not work on forward testing. For forward testing there must be make another ea. I use this kind of method first will make ea add backtesting news filter to an ea try to test it with different settings and then if news filter helps then will make another ea what is working in live testing. NEWS FILTER DOES NOT HELP ALWAYS.
You can easily incorporate the forward news filter in with the same EA, as well as automatic GMT.

bacplayer

Thank you for all your help. At the moment we have no problem with the codes.
But we don't know how to test whether the new filter is good or not.

The only way we can think of at the moment is to do forward test. We will run two versions: one with news filter, the other without, to compare the difference. This can take a few months.

It will be a big help if someone could offer some test reports.

Ming

stovedude

Thank you for all your help. At the moment we have no problem with the codes.
But we don't know how to test whether the new filter is good or not.

The only way we can think of at the moment is to do forward test. We will run two versions: one with news filter, the other without, to compare the difference. This can take a few months.

It will be a big help if someone could offer some test reports.

Ming
Jyrik and I can privately code it with the backtesting and forward testing news functions if you want. Sharing will not be permitted of course.

jyrik

I had purchased your version totally legaly some time ago and I did make one backtest using news filter. I tested without news filter and with news filter. There should be more test be made to find out better settings. And GMT+0 is the time. Only thing that i made is used lot size 0.1 because if you can make backtest with nice curve using not mm then you can make much better using results with mm.

forexman1972

I have purchased this EA v4. It seems like it hits the SL a fair bit, maybe more than it should?

I notice the close buy and sell is more to lock in profit than minimize losses? Is that correct?

Also, since I have purchased V4 can I upgrade to V5 or is their a cost.

FTM

Well guys it's been over a month now, v4.3n was released and working good so far, but it did not have the new filters. Stovedude can you update us on how this is going?

devonfgu

about v4.3n was released and working good so far, could you post your test result, my live demo test got bad performance:confused:

The two that are highlighted are far beyond the normal stoplosses. My 3 & 4 yr. old little girls are at the monkey finger stage where they push every button in sight. Needless to say the pretty blue light on my computer tower was in complete focus that day. Luckily there are only demo's in forward testing on that one. You will also notice that I opened the code for all pairs to trade. Not hard on SteadyWinner. EA could always trade on all pairs, just gave an annoying alert when other than Eur/Usd was selected. Just hash the code out for the alert and text. Also changed MM on V3 to be like V4's. V2 is bare bones, all hard coded. Anyway sorry it took so long to get this to you, but here is the forward demo @ Alpari US starting with $5000 acct with 50:1 leverage. All on default settings. Account opened on 3/25/2011.--I think--somewhere around a week after v4.3N hit my inbox. :confused::confused::D:D

You must be registered for see images attach
~Pics saved as .rar file.

P.S.
Can someone tell me how to make the .gif file larger. Hell I can't see that even with my reading glasses on.-----Fixed.:cool:

Pizzazz79

The two that are highlighted are far beyond the normal stoplosses. My 3 & 4 yr. old little girls are at the monkey finger stage where they push every button in sight. Needless to say the pretty blue light on my computer tower was in complete focus that day. Luckily there are only demo's in forward testing on that one. You will also notice that I opened the code for all pairs to trade. Not hard on SteadyWinner. EA could always trade on all pairs, just gave an annoying alert when other than Eur/Usd was selected. Just hash the code out for the alert and text. Also changed MM on V3 to be like V4's. V2 is bare bones, all hard coded. Anyway sorry it took so long to get this to you, but here is the forward demo @ Alpari US starting with $5000 acct with 50:1 leverage. All on default settings. Account opened on 3/25/2011.--I think--somewhere around a week after v4.3N hit my inbox. :confused::confused::D:D

P.S.
Can someone tell me how to make the .gif file larger. Hell I can't see that even with my reading glasses on.-----Fixed.:cool:

can you upload those 2 pictures into bigger pictures please as I can't see it its all really small :D
try to enlarge it and save it?

cheers

one to one coaching