Aurix Exchange

Range breakout

saambasp

HI FRIENDS,
I WANT TO SHARE SOME OF MY WORKING STRATEGIES.THEY ARE HELPFULL FOR ME FOR LAST FEW YEARS.BUT YOU HAVE TO PRACTISE IN YOUR OWN STYLE.THEN ONLY APPLY THEM.
as i said i love simple systems.they wont confuse us.we all know that markets always in two phase.one is
range and second is trend,these two phases one by one as a cycle.if we can find perfect range we can pickup trends easily.for that i use simple techique.take 3 moving averages and bollingerband default.
how tofind ranges.simple if 3 moving averages came to much closer and bolinger freezes,it is perfect range.how to trade,simple put one buy stop order 1o pips above the range and sell stop 10 pips below the range.stoploss is out of the range.how to exit.it is hard,i use 3 methods.1.riskreward 1:1 or trailing stop as range or indicator opposite closing.i am using in two templates ,both are good.
happy trading

MS REDDY

You must be registered for see images

maximo

Yeh saambasp,

You can also call them volatility expansion breakouts. It's key to many successful trading methods. Larry williams has teaches this and a few good EA's also use the principal. Gonzo EA and many non commercial free ones.

I'll upload a couple.

Also coded a non lagging indicator, will upload another day.

saambasp

hi knez.,
after you identify the range.put sellstop 10 pips below bolinger lower line and put buy stop a10 pips above bolinger upper line.in this case sell happened at
1.6340 stoploss at 1.6396 tp 1.6284 with 1:1 riskreward ratio..for identify range look at first post

saambasp

AND HERE IS THE BREAKOUT.CLOSED TRADE WITH 1:1 RATIO

grood

Yeh saambasp,

You can also call them volatility expansion breakouts. It's key to many successful trading methods. Larry williams has teaches this and a few good EA's also use the principal. Gonzo EA and many non commercial free ones.

I'll upload a couple.

Also coded a non lagging indicator, will upload another day.

Hi Maximo,

SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert_v1.mq4 gives me only ordersend error 130 in backtest.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Aurix Exchange