Aurix Exchange

recent survey of 700 traders

radicaltour

VIP Member
They recently surveyed 700 traders from all walks of life.
These traders ranged in experience and account size.
Here is what they found:

Let me summarize the presentation for you in case you're too busy:
(1) probably 75% of traders lose money
(2) only 5% say they meet consistent target every month
(3) the worst habit that trader say they have is jumping too much from one system to the next.
(4) surprisingly, it doesn't matter if you trade for 1 year or 5 years. You can be profitable with just 1 year of experience provided that you started with all the right mindset (ie. discipline, fear/greed under control)
(5) we do worst when we are in stressed situation. Either stress from family situation or stress from our strategies, they are very bad for us...

the final result comes down to this:
"The more in control we are...
the less distressed we are at losses...
the less over excited we are at profits...
the more consistent we are."

I wish you all success in this trading business.

zainulabideen

They recently surveyed 700 traders from all walks of life.
These traders ranged in experience and account size.
Here is what they found:

Let me summarize the presentation for you in case you're too busy:
(1) probably 75% of traders lose money
(2) only 5% say they meet consistent target every month
(3) the worst habit that trader say they have is jumping too much from one system to the next.
(4) surprisingly, it doesn't matter if you trade for 1 year or 5 years. You can be profitable with just 1 year of experience provided that you started with all the right mindset (ie. discipline, fear/greed under control)
(5) we do worst when we are in stressed situation. Either stress from family situation or stress from our strategies, they are very bad for us...

the final result comes down to this:
"The more in control we are...
the less distressed we are at losses...
the less over excited we are at profits...
the more consistent we are."

I wish you all success in this trading business.

Thats a wonderful summary of the lossess sustained by most of the traders and their summarized behaviour, towards the losses they sustain. A really good effort on part of contributor and surveyors.

F

ForexMike

To add to this my friend, one should have a successful mentor and have the time to trade the forex. A trader has a better chance to be successful if he was able to trade full time hours.

Jhon

This study proves once again that to be successful in this trading business, the most important thing is the mind, mind accounts for 80% of success in trading.

Jhon

Aurix Exchange